UK only, segway with glidesaddle seat

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

UK only, segway with glidesaddle seat

Postby devonuk » 08 Jan 2023, 00:58

Rare Glidesaddle Segway X2, mobility aid/ wheelchair alternative. For people who struggle with walking but still want to be able to go on offroad adventures with a machine that can also be used indoors if needed. Seat height and handlebar height both adjustable.

User must be able to stand under their own steam in order to get on and off the seat from behind it (like stepping on and off a step), and have enough trunk control to be able to sit unaided on the saddle and slightly move their weight to move it. It goes Very Fast if wanted, or slow enough for controlled indoor use.

Advertised elsewhere at £3,995 but also open to offers.

This version with the Glidesaddle seat attachment is easier for some people to use than the various full seated segways available (like the Omeo), as it has the bike type seat instead of an enclosed bucket one and retains the ability to be used with the rider standing up too.

Videos of the glidesaddle segway used indoors and out by the seat designer are here

https://glidesaddle.wixsite.com/glidesaddle/video

This segway base has had a couple of owners from new and is a bit battered looking (scratches etc) due to its many offroad adventures but it works fine and has lots of life left in it.

The glidesaddle itself can be removed very easily for the segway to be used as standard, or to be put on another compatible segway base. Its only instantly compatible with the X2 and i2 first edition segways though as the screw holes for the seat base then line up perfectly on the segway footplates. Any other model would need new holes drilling to match up.

I am selling because its no longer suitable for me and I need the money. I would prefer prospective buyers to come and try the machine in person to make sure its suitable for them, but can also do a live video call on whatsapp if in person isn't possible. It is sold 'as seen' though so buyer needs to be sure they're happy with it before buying.

Collection preferred and 'man with van' fine when arranged by buyer but I don't have a pallet to pack it for couriers. I'm in Devon near the north cornwall border.

Pics below if I can get my dumb rural internet to upload them
devonuk

Re: UK only, segway with glidesaddle seat

Postby devonuk » 08 Jan 2023, 01:10

Ok, photos wont upload so heres a link to them in google album https://photos.app.goo.gl/vDR5nLcNXfjoWiZr7
devonuk

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment