Roboteq open to offers

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Roboteq open to offers

Postby wheelchairer » 10 Nov 2023, 13:50

This is several years old, I tried to get it working but beyond my skill set. Quite happy with top Speed of my wheelchair anyway.

I would like to see it go to good home where it will made use of, and it would be nice to recoup some of the cost.

I don't have any information about the device beyond what is on the device itself.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (287.02 KiB) Viewed 313 times
C4/5 tetra
BM 8 mph 8mph linix R-net 150Ah lith
Tom BM clone needs 8mph linix, R-net odyssey batteries
Lifestand motion tech 5.6 mph R-net 112Ah lith
wheelchairer

Re: Roboteq open to offers

Postby slomobile » 12 Nov 2023, 14:20

I cant tell from the picture which model it is, but if it is compatible with Lenny's new control system, I'll buy it from you.

Lenny, can you tell if it is compatible?
slomobile

Postby LROBBINS » 12 Nov 2023, 22:23

I can't see the label, but it's probably and HDC2450 or HDC2460. If so, it's compatible. However, you should get confirmation, or a picture of its label, to be sure. Ciao, Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby wheelchairer » 13 Nov 2023, 16:55

okay I will get you a picture of the label as soon I can.
C4/5 tetra
wheelchairer

Postby wheelchairer » 16 Nov 2023, 15:10

Well I just managed to get someone here to help me take the picture, but I noticed that if you zoom in on the picture above it tells you it is a HDC 2450
Attachments
Roboteq.png
C4/5 tetra
wheelchairer

Postby slomobile » 17 Nov 2023, 20:51

It looks like the lower part of that sticker might say 50V, thus HDC2450.
Sorry, If I'm going 22S I'll need the 60V version.
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 18 Nov 2023, 03:24

22s?

Do you mean 12S?
I did 13S and thats about as far as I felt comfortable with, it doubles the speed, and is about as far as you should really go on a 24V motor. Remember that double the voltage = 4x the power... With 150A capability per channel, at approx 45V thats already 6750 watts per 350 watt motor... And because you can get it to dwar this max 150A current at anything up to half the wheelchairs new top speed (because impedance hasnt changed) then it easy to overload the motors. I know this, and set acceleration rates at a sensible level and was easy going with it when climbing a slope or hill. Thats 13500 total watts or 18 horsepower!

Unlike the weedy mobility controllers this doubled voltage, 4x the watts, can be maintained for a lot longer than the few seconds you get from a mobility controller. It can be done, but needs some very careful setting up and understanding.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 18 Nov 2023, 11:58

He's thinking Li titanate which has a lower voltage, hence the 22S, but I'd contend that's still too much for even a 2460.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 19 Nov 2023, 16:21

I would agree. And would go further. Lithium titanate is great for solar or a place where energy density doesent matter. Its a terrible idea where it does. Like in a chair. You cant get anywhere near the stored watt/h in the same volume. I ruled those out a long while back. Yes you can get it a little better than lead. But nowhere near a GOOD lithium ion phosphate setup.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby slomobile » 21 Nov 2023, 18:03

I bought 2 of these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/334805261607
HDC2472
Ad said 120A @ 72V but after payment I noticed the sticker that said 80A x 2
I think I screwed up?
The intent is a 4 wheel drive outdoor chair with torque vectoring articulated steering using Lenny's new control system with some code changes.
I want to push the limits of sensible speed on a short wheelbase to see if my weird steering idea has any advantages or is rubbish.

Its going to be larger than an indoor chair and I think I can distribute the cells around the perimeter to help limit yaw rate in fast turns. I don't have sufficient experience to really know what I'm doing. Hoping LTO is more tolerant of charging/discharging mistakes which I will inevitably make.

I can't afford LTO yet so will be starting off with my 6 year old set of 2 MK gel @ 24v. Plans could change later, but I want cold weather performance too.
slomobile

Postby LROBBINS » 21 Nov 2023, 19:29

I'd be a bit nervous about this purchase. I looked for HDC2472 at the Roboteq site and couldn't find it, I looked for it in the HDC24xx data sheet and couldn't find it there either, and I looked for it in the controller list in the Roborun software - AND IT IS THERE! It may be a discontinued product, but if so it is even older then the 2019 HDC24xx data sheet which lists a HDC2496 as discontinued, but doesn't mention the HDC2472 at all (but doesn't mention the HDC2450 either). I think that you should write ASAP to Roboteq and ask them what the status of that unit is - e.g. last date it was sold and whether there is a particular reason that they no longer sell it. If old, it may not be compatible with my software, but its firmware does include all of the functions called from my software so Roborun at least compiles my script for it without throwing errors.

Another warning sign. The ebay link in your message now shows
This listing ended on Tue, Nov 21 at 8:22 AM.
. Did the original listing say there were just 2 for sale? Is this a scam? Can you back out of this?

The max current discrepancy may also be a bit worrisome, but the two numbers may be 120 A max for 30 seconds and 80 A max continuous. The HDC2450 was and the HDC2460 are 150 A for 30 seconds and 80 A continuous. However, even a time-limited 120 A points to an older controller with smaller MOSFETS.

As for batteries, I'm with Burgerman on this. LiFePO4 is a better choice than LiTi because you can fit many more AHr in the same space, and that will greatly affect lifetime. A large LiFePO4 pack will outlast multiple wheelchairs! Also, with big capacity thermal runaway becomes a non-issue because the current draw will almost always be a small fraction of the maximum discharge rate, and a few seconds even at maximum discharge rate isn't going to cause overheating. HOWEVER, you must keep the total voltage of your pack, even during charging, to less than the maximum voltage tolerated by your controller.

Ciao,
Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby slomobile » 11 Dec 2023, 20:40

The listing was for 2 used units that had been on a vehicle, then stored for several years.
This is the response from Roboteq when I asked for documentation about that model.

Unfortunately, the HDC2472 is one of the oldest boards, and therefore we do not support it anymore. Currently, we do not have a released firmware for this model. Additionally, the STO functionality is not available on this model.

I found this older datasheet in case anyone stumbles on this thread after searching for HDC-2472 https://www.artisantg.com/PLC/97913-1/R ... Controller
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 11 Dec 2023, 21:29

Thats for a single channel version.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment