QUILTED WATERPROOF OVER TROUSERS for WHEELCHAIR USERS

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

QUILTED WATERPROOF OVER TROUSERS for WHEELCHAIR USERS

Postby phatboyroy » 28 Feb 2012, 14:57

[img]

A PAIR OF QUILTED WATERPROOF OVER TROUSERS
FOR DISABLED WHEELCHAIR USERS.

Obviously they are new unworn, but without TAGS as they are 'homemade'. If you want a TAG; go to the mirror look at the face there, and slap it.

£55 all in iinc p&P or bargain, £50.05 +P&P

Winning bidder pays full postage charge of £4.95p within UK, I apologise for the extortionate fee, but it has to posted as a Large Packet, and that’s what the Post Office charge.

See my YOUTUBE video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgo1KqvhoRo

The story so far:-
As a result of my injury I hated going out in the cold as it affected me terribly. it's a trait of a spinal injury. Consequently, I bought a pair of quilted trousers for over £60 from a well known disabled persons outfitters. The only trouble was is that you had to be able to weight bear or be lying on the bed to get them on. If you were confined to a wheelchair, (say spinally injured or late stages MS or whatever) they were simply impossible to put on once you were in your wheelchair.

So I had a seamstress friend modify them to my design, so that you could easily put them on and take them off whilst still seated. It’s so easy, (that's her in the video - she DID NOT want to be in the Video, so I told her I'd Pixelate her face - like yeah?? AND...she believed me!!).

Anyway, being reasonably altruistic, I thought I’d share these trousers with other COLD & WET wheelchair users. So I bought some quilted fabric; some waterproof material etc and asked her to run up a couple of pairs.

I must they are better than I’d hoped, not only are they smart, which takes the ‘tartan blanket’ thing away, they are very warm; waterproof; and extremely user friendly. Installed in less than a minute. They are trousers with a built in bib effect that tucks under your coat and wraps under your thighs, so there’s nowhere for a cold draught to penetrate. :D :D

I'VE USED THESE A COUPLE OF TIMES RECENTLY AND THEY MAKE BEING OUT IN THIS WEATHER SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.

I WOULD NOT HAVE BOTHERED GOING OUT NORMALLY SO THEY HAVE CHANGED MY PERCEPTION.

There’s the waterproof outer-layer with a quilted inner lining sewn in. Ergo, DRY & WARM.

They wipe down, or throw them in the washer, low temp.

I’ll include a couple of off-cuts so in the off chance you snag or rip the outer fabric if you go ‘off-road’ you’ll have a piece to patch it up with.
They are black though in one photo they look blue. It’s not your eyes it’s the camera. In the video they are my blue pair that I’m keeping.
Now you’ll see in the video, that we are hurrying just to demonstrate. Naturally you would take a little more time to ensure the Velcro is done up properly, and that the leggings and bib bit are tucked under nicely. I’m sure you get the picture.

Also with a full length Velcro on both legs, if you need to attend to something toiletwise; simply rip open the Velcro.

See my YOUTUBE video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgo1KqvhoRo

Now you may baulk at the price, but I’m not making a profit here, (well probably a fiver – I said I was only reasonably altruistic) the materials are expensive, and manufacture is time consuming. So now I know why the company I bought my pair from charge £60 a pair. And no doubt they are made in a ‘foreign manufacturing establishment which pay lower wages’.

They are slightly longer so that the rain doesn’t drip into your shoes and to ensure your normal trousers aren’t showing underneath.

Unisex and one size should fit all adults but if you need smaller for children get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.

Colour:- Black.
P2270004.jpg
P2270004.jpg (126.76 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
phatboyroy

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment