Seeking beta testers for retrofit motorized wheelchair unit

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Seeking beta testers for retrofit motorized wheelchair unit

Postby Mobearlize » 22 Nov 2016, 18:34

Hello everyone !

We are currently working on a retrofit motorized wheelchair unit that can be fitted on any wheelchair. Currently we have a working prototype and are looking for beta testers. Any feedback from you guys will be much appreciated.

We are having a Kickstarter campaign and information about our prototype can be found here http://bit.ly/backemma (I will remove this link if this is prohibited, sorry about it).

You may also like to visit our website for more information http://mobearlize.com/
Mobearlize

Re: Seeking beta testers for retrofit motorized wheelchair u

Postby SteveO » 23 Nov 2016, 01:11

I'm really sorry and I don't want to burst your bubble but it looks a bit rinky dink to me!
Quickie F55s (now adding brushless motors and control system) Roma Scirocco Granny chair (selling soon) Quickie Groove M (soon to have P&G system)
SteveO

Postby Mobearlize » 23 Nov 2016, 08:20

SteveO wrote:I'm really sorry and I don't want to burst your bubble but it looks a bit rinky dink to me!

Hello SteveO, thanks for the feedback. We are still in the prototyping stage, the end product that we intend to sell will be more refined.
Mobearlize

Postby Burgerman » 23 Nov 2016, 09:43

He means it looks a bit feeble.

Theres always lots of people that really need a proper powerchair trying to power a manual chair for some reason. In reality it makes little sense to most of us and results in a mash up of both. Manual chairs are designed to be easy to push. This means skinny tyres, lack of comfort, lack of stability, and harsh ride etc. In other words useless outdoors.

A powerchair has better comfort, fatter tyres, better stability, and much easier and better control than addon power systems with more substantial motors/batteries etc. In other words far more capable outdoors than a manual chair without any downsides indoors.

So its hard to see the point of an addon power system for a manual chair. Although it may make more sense in your country for reasons that we don't know.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mobearlize » 23 Nov 2016, 18:22

Burgerman wrote:He means it looks a bit feeble.

Theres always lots of people that really need a proper powerchair trying to power a manual chair for some reason. In reality it makes little sense to most of us and results in a mash up of both. Manual chairs are designed to be easy to push. This means skinny tyres, lack of comfort, lack of stability, and harsh ride etc. In other words useless outdoors.

A powerchair has better comfort, fatter tyres, better stability, and much easier and better control than addon power systems with more substantial motors/batteries etc. In other words far more capable outdoors than a manual chair without any downsides indoors.

So its hard to see the point of an addon power system for a manual chair. Although it may make more sense in your country for reasons that we don't know.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for not elaborating on the usage, our product is intended for urban environment and city areas . Your feedback is very helpful for us, as we are in the midst of figuring out how our product can cater to different users. We will definitely further look into the matter.
Mobearlize

Postby LROBBINS » 23 Nov 2016, 19:38

Your user base is also restricted because the person has to be able to use a tiller - hence it works more like a scooter than a powered wheelchair. Hence, it could be used by people who can self-propel a manual chair, but not by most of those whose manual chair is pushed by someone else.
LROBBINS

Postby Mobearlize » 25 Nov 2016, 17:18

LROBBINS wrote:Your user base is also restricted because the person has to be able to use a tiller - hence it works more like a scooter than a powered wheelchair. Hence, it could be used by people who can self-propel a manual chair, but not by most of those whose manual chair is pushed by someone else.

Thanks LROBBINS, we received similar feedback previously, and will be looking into making the controls easier, such that it can controlled with one hand only
Mobearlize

Postby KittyP » 16 Jan 2017, 12:18

I'll cheerfully test it, if you're still on the look-out? Whilst it would have limited appeal for people with permanent disabilities, it would be really useful to folk like my elderly Mum when she fractured her hip and pelvis and needed almost a year of rehab to get back on her feet. I'm sure there's a market for simple mobility solutions that can be purchased or hired by, for instance, people who've had accidents/surgery but are likely to make a good recovery, or older people who can't enjoy holidays as they used to because they can't walk very far. There's no point in them spending huge sums on custom powerchairs and wheelchair-accessible vehicles, they just need something that will fold up and fit into an ordinary car.

Whilst I wouldn't be likely to use something like this as my main powerchair, my disabilities are such that I'd be able to use it enough to test it thoroughly. PM me if you think I could help?
KittyP

Postby Mobearlize » 22 Feb 2017, 16:47

KittyP wrote:I'll cheerfully test it, if you're still on the look-out? Whilst it would have limited appeal for people with permanent disabilities, it would be really useful to folk like my elderly Mum when she fractured her hip and pelvis and needed almost a year of rehab to get back on her feet. I'm sure there's a market for simple mobility solutions that can be purchased or hired by, for instance, people who've had accidents/surgery but are likely to make a good recovery, or older people who can't enjoy holidays as they used to because they can't walk very far. There's no point in them spending huge sums on custom powerchairs and wheelchair-accessible vehicles, they just need something that will fold up and fit into an ordinary car.

Whilst I wouldn't be likely to use something like this as my main powerchair, my disabilities are such that I'd be able to use it enough to test it thoroughly. PM me if you think I could help?

Hello KittyP !

We would love to receive feedback from you and your mum. I tried to PM you but it seems that the message is not sent. Could you please PM me, or send an email to weiquan@mobearlize.com

Thank you so much for your interest and offer
Mobearlize

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment