FieldMaster Trek Adventure 4WD off-road powerchair

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

FieldMaster Trek Adventure 4WD off-road powerchair

Postby Blunders » 18 Jan 2017, 17:23

We are selling our FieldMaster Trek Adventure 4WD off-road powerchair.

The Trek has four chunky pneumatic tyres and each wheel is independently driven for true 4WD; it will cope with hills, rough ground, mud, puddles, wet grass, kerbs, and generally terrain that would bring most other powerchairs to a stop. It has a very comfy rally-style seat.

We orignally bought the chair direct from FieldMaster in 2013 as an ex-demo model, and for the next couple of years we used it for walks, music festivals, nature reserves, the odd shopping trip, and to get around at Silverstone and Santa Pod. In summer 2014 the power controller developed a fault; I did a temporary repair but it failed again a few weeks later, so we took it to Fieldmaster who replaced the faulty controller and serviced the chair at the same time.

For various reasons we haven't used the chair recently, so it's time to sell.

FieldMaster ceased trading some time in 2015 but Wizard Wheelchairs (http://www.wizardwheelchairs.com/), owned by the guys who originally started FieldMaster, are doing servicing, repairs, upgrades etc for FieldMaster chairs.

Please be aware that this is a big, heavy chair with a chunky steel frame and two big lead-acid batteries, and the seat is big and quite heavy too. The seat back folds forwards to make it a bit smaller, but it is not designed to come apart easily for transport. You can remove the seat but you probably wouldn't want to be doing it regulary. If you are planning to transport the chair, you will need a roomy vehicle and some ramps. We carried it in the back of a Mazda Bongo camper van, where it fitted nicely.

When not in use, the chair has always been kept indoors, in nice dry conditions.

We live in Blackburn, Lancashire. Would prefer the buyer to collect but we might be able to deliver, ask if you are interested.

Looking for £3000, reasonable offers considered.

Reply on here or contact me by email at davidbland68@yahoo.com

Here are some specs I got from the old FieldMaster website:
Overall Length: 1155mm
Overall Width: 650mm
Overall Height (to seat base): 550mm
Overall Height (to top of seat): 1310mm
Weight of Heaviest Part (batteries): 18.5kg each
Maximum User Weight: 20 Stone (127 kg)
Total Weight (inc battery): 119kg
Total Weight (without battery): 82.5kg
Ground Clearance: 5 inches
Turning Radius: 2.8m
Battery Type: 2 x 60 ah
Charger: 8 amp
Wheel Diameter: 15"
Drive System: 4 x 180w motors
Breaking System: a brake on each motor
Control Method: P&G Control System
Climbing Angle: 28 degrees
Max Angle: 21 degrees
Range: up to 14 miles

I think the original spec included a lap belt, but our chair has never had one. I'm sure you could fit one fairly easily.

Some photos of the chair in action:

20140412_121107.jpg

20140720_164022.jpg

20130705_171422.jpg
Blunders

Re: FieldMaster Trek Adventure 4WD off-road powerchair

Postby Blunders » 06 Apr 2017, 20:46

We're dropping the price, offers around £2000 considered.
Blunders

Re: FieldMaster Trek Adventure 4WD off-road powerchair

Postby Blunders » 14 May 2017, 17:17

Sold.
Blunders

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment