quickie f55s wanted

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: quickie f55s wanted

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2017, 23:45

Is this an F55?

What voltage did you set the R-net to for brakes?
And what motors, 2 or 4 pole? 6mph?
And what motor compensation did you set for the motors?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby saker98 » 25 Aug 2017, 10:02

Burgerman wrote:Is this an F55?

I did not set anything on the R-net, I only changed the system to test and see if it had the same effect, of which it did. I was able to drive the chair while using the R-net, I think it came of an F55s.
I think they are 2 pole and definitely 6mph. F55s Chair
Was not thinking about that as I can honestly say that I don not know enough regarding the internal programming, hence the help .

Regards
James
saker98

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2017, 16:27

Well the 2pole motors are hopeless and have many backlash and other problems. Those need to go into the bin. And they have very low torque, and pull only about 60A or so at stall. They are also high impedance and need compensation setting to around 100 to 120 to work properly. And they have 12v brakes. The R-net may be set to 24V and has cooked the brake coil(s) hence your problem. Rnet was never fitted to an F55.

Measure brake resistance each side. And brake voltage when you operate the chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby saker98 » 25 Aug 2017, 22:40

Burgerman wrote:Well the 2pole motors are hopeless and have many backlash and other problems. Those need to go into the bin. And they have very low torque, and pull only about 60A or so at stall. They are also high impedance and need compensation setting to around 100 to 120 to work properly. And they have 12v brakes. The R-net may be set to 24V and has cooked the brake coil(s) hence your problem. Rnet was never fitted to an F55.

Measure brake resistance each side. And brake voltage when you operate the chair.

Thank you for your reply, John...... as a practical test to check the controller and pod(error codes), I have a pair of 4mph motors, would there be any "imbalances" between swapping the motors over. This might clear up any braking issues together with the controller and pod. I might just need a new brake(s) instead of a pod or controller. Is this something that might work?

Regards
James
saker98

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2017, 23:34

4MPH motors on early F55s were just as bad as the 6mph ones. They are fragile and weak. They used a 50A controller 12v brakes. But the only difference between the 4 and 6mph 2 pole motors was gear ratio. And an 80A controller instead. Brakes on both are 12V. You could just swap brakes. Personally I wouldnt fit either of the 2 pole motors. They were withdrawn and replaced by the 4 pole ones due to huge problems about 15 years ago.

2 pole ones were incorrectly set to 40mOhms. So the chair was so gutless it wouldnt turn... Those needed to be set at 100 to 120.
4 pole ones were impedance 40 (because you could do a straight swap from 2 pole ones and they worked properly without reprogramming). And worked even better at 45 mOhms.

Question.
Do you have any 6mph motors?
2 or 4 pole?

You can just swap or remove the brake. One of my chairs has had no brakes fitted for years. But you must replace it with a resistor so the controller sees it as a brake.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby saker98 » 26 Aug 2017, 00:48

Burgerman wrote:4MPH motors on early F55s were just as bad as the 6mph ones. They are fragile and weak. They used a 50A controller 12v brakes. But the only difference between the 4 and 6mph 2 pole motors was gear ratio. And an 80A controller instead. Brakes on both are 12V. You could just swap brakes. Personally I wouldnt fit either of the 2 pole motors. They were withdrawn and replaced by the 4 pole ones due to huge problems about 15 years ago.

2 pole ones were incorrectly set to 40mOhms. So the chair was so gutless it wouldnt turn... Those needed to be set at 100 to 120.
4 pole ones were impedance 40 (because you could do a straight swap from 2 pole ones and they worked properly without reprogramming). And worked even better at 45 mOhms.

Question.
2 or 4 pole?

You can just swap or remove the brake. One of my chairs has had no brakes fitted for years. But you must replace it with a resistor so the controller sees it as a brake.

Hi John, no I do not have any spare 6mph Motors, i will look to swap a brake and ask about the resistor when the time comes.

Thank you once again.
James
saker98

Postby steves1977uk » 28 Aug 2017, 16:21

saker98 wrote:

I did not set anything on the R-net, I only changed the system to test and see if it had the same effect, of which it did. I was able to drive the chair while using the R-net, I think it came of an F55s.
Was not thinking about that as I can honestly say that I don not know enough regarding the internal programming, hence the help .

Regards
James

Not wise to plug a PM from another chair without checking its programming first, although you MAY be lucky.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby saker98 » 31 Aug 2017, 15:05

Burgerman wrote:4MPH motors on early F55s were just as bad as the 6mph ones. They are fragile and weak. They used a 50A controller 12v brakes. But the only difference between the 4 and 6mph 2 pole motors was gear ratio. And an 80A controller instead. Brakes on both are 12V. You could just swap brakes. Personally I wouldnt fit either of the 2 pole motors. They were withdrawn and replaced by the 4 pole ones due to huge problems about 15 years ago.

Question.
2 or 4 pole?

Just had a good look, and they are 4 pole 6mph.

Question.
Are the resistor(s) the cylindrical block(s) before the pole connectors.
IMG_0563.JPG
Is this a resistor

Thanks
James
saker98

Postby saker98 » 31 Aug 2017, 15:50

steves1977uk wrote:
saker98 wrote:

Regards
James

Not wise to plug a PM from another chair without checking its programming first, although you MAY be lucky.

Steve

Hi Steve,

we all have to learn and sometimes it doesn't work out the way you want it to, then you ask.

Code errors.....When I turn the pod on, I get 7 flashing battery indicators and 5 speed flashing indicators, simultaneously. If I press the pod on button again, I am left with the 7 flashing battery indicators and 1 speed flashing indicator, then after about 5-10 seconds, it turns it's self off??

Any ideas, just incase it is not the brake? Of which might be the cheaper option.

James
saker98

Postby steves1977uk » 01 Sep 2017, 20:30

Hi James,

Read here... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5503 I knew the 7 LEDs/5 Profile LEDs flashing sounded familiar!

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby saker98 » 01 Sep 2017, 22:31

steves1977uk wrote:Hi James,

Read here... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5503 I knew the 7 LEDs/5 Profile LEDs flashing sounded familiar!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Not just me going bananas then?

I will just have to find a new cable. Has anyone got one I could purchase?

Thanks
James
saker98

Previous

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment