quickie f55s wanted

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

quickie f55s wanted

Postby jackinacabin » 16 Jul 2017, 00:22

title says it ... mine is well worn and needs multiple bits so I want another as I like it a lot and havent the beans or need for a more modern chariot . I am in england in penzance cornwall . Must be the s model and have 4 pole motors and not be worn out or rusty ..... Cheers
Mine has copious amounts of rust , stuffed bearings , seized swing arms , loud motors , only one brake working , bodged lights, rattly armrests, bent foot peg etc and it is still completely reliable and wheelies after reprogramming and took me up a tour not that long go so I want another as they seem to keep going however abused... but with less character and both brakes working and no rust... I can add that later ...
jackinacabin

Re: quickie f55s wanted

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jul 2017, 09:24

It pays to rebuild and grease everything before it seizes. And repaint, replace any steel bolts with stainless cap screws, and fit new arts to replace any worn like upholstery, bearings, tyres, batteries etc as you go. BEFORE use.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby jackinacabin » 16 Jul 2017, 13:47

the next chair if i find on will be better looked after .... I havent the health to keep on top of it as things come up --- most of my life is in bed ---so do what I can to keep this wreck going . tackled some rust and now back to bed . tomorrow i have help to get batteries in ... The current chair is probably too far gone after a decade of hard use but good enough for a back up . If I get another one it will be better looked after as i will have a spare when it needs work so it can wait for the work as i can only upkeep it slowly with help and it takes time.....dealings with the local mobility place has not been confidence inspiring , I am far from an expert but the little I have learned over the years has repeatedly shown me how lacking the so called experts are ..
jackinacabin

Postby jackinacabin » 16 Jul 2017, 13:49

... yes , i would like to get another and get it in really great shape to begin with as you suggest .. before i use it ..
jackinacabin

Postby FourLions » 26 Jul 2017, 10:17

quickie f55 electric wheelchair got the light pack on it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/quickie-f55-e ... 2592892010
Loving my Quickie F55s every day i use it :)
FourLions

Postby FourLions » 27 Jul 2017, 09:41

FourLions wrote:quickie f55 electric wheelchair got the light pack on it

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing. see this typ of thing so much :(
FourLions

Postby rover220 » 27 Jul 2017, 11:41

FourLions wrote:

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing. see this typ of thing so much :(

Means it was sold to a cash buyer
rover220

Postby FourLions » 27 Jul 2017, 18:46

rover220 wrote:
FourLions wrote:

Means it was sold to a cash buyer

i know lol
FourLions

Postby davros » 27 Jul 2017, 20:32

That quickie f55 is back on ebay now with a higher starting price of £350
davros

Postby john b » 28 Jul 2017, 20:00

that listing is a 4mph f55
john b

Postby FourLions » 29 Jul 2017, 11:58

john b wrote:that listing is a 4mph f55

moved to here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/quickie-f55-e ... SwO95Zeb4i

for sale my dads quickie f55 this has not had much use it as lightes fitted and as three speed settings 2 4 and 6 mph every thing works great and the batterys are in great condition collection only cash on collection. uk bidders only will answer any questions happy bidding
this item put in the listing collected in person as in person as this item as many parts and features which should be check before excepting the item if someone comes on your behalf then they should check it for you if you pay some to collect it say a courier then it is the same as me posting it so if you are not sure about the item description do not bid thanks for looking gareth
FourLions

Postby john b » 30 Jul 2017, 16:11

FourLions wrote:
john b wrote:that listing is a 4mph f55

moved to here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/quickie-f55-e ... SwO95Zeb4i

for sale my dads quickie f55 this has not had much use it as lightes fitted and as three speed settings 2 4 and 6 mph every thing works great and the batterys are in great condition collection only cash on collection. uk bidders only will answer any questions happy bidding
this item put in the listing collected in person as in person as this item as many parts and features which should be check before excepting the item if someone comes on your behalf then they should check it for you if you pay some to collect it say a courier then it is the same as me posting it so if you are not sure about the item description do not bid thanks for looking gareth

he's selling his dads chair. he has no idea what it is or how it works.
if you are seriously looking at this chair expecting 6mph, i would try and find someone nearby to make sure it is. don't believe the description.
john b

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2017, 19:24

Most 4mph ones dont have lights. Because it was a legal requirement the 6mph ones had to have them.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mark » 30 Jul 2017, 21:29

All the 6mph F55s I've seen have an "S" in a separate transfer (sticker?) placed just after the F55 transfers on the main frame. The chair in the eBay advert referred to above hasn't, so I would assume 4 mph.
Mark

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2017, 22:08

Thats also true...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby jackinacabin » 31 Jul 2017, 00:27

Thanks for the replies .... thats amusing ,,, I asked the question of the seller on e bay and swiftly realised he doesnt know what he has , I was hoping the chair had been upgraded with 6mph gearboxes at some point as it has lights but I won`t be bidding . I guess its a good deal for someone after a 4mph one though .. So Still after a 6mph one ..... and looks like I may have found someone who could weld the centre battery section to make a chair with wider wheels once I have a two chairs ... I need something working at all times for obvious reasons ...
Cheers folks
jackinacabin

Postby john b » 31 Jul 2017, 12:47

lights were an optional extra on the 4mph f55. that's what this is.

and an update on the listing....
On 31-Jul-17 at 11:59:51 BST, seller added the following information:
update on this item me and a friend took the chair out to check it all works and found the batteries not to hold there charge so have ordered two new 50 amp batteries which will be fitted before the auction ends so you will have piece of mine on that front.

speed test the middle setting was a good walking pace on the high setting was fast than I could walk I'm 6 foot 2 and a strong walker think this will go a little faster with the new batteries hope this helps gareth

that was his way of speed testing :roll:
someone's going for it anyway with a bid in place.
john b

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2017, 13:15

And he has fitted two cheap junk undersized 50Ah batts. So they need to be disposed of too.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby jackinacabin » 31 Jul 2017, 19:46

So , slow pants that wont go far ... !
jackinacabin

Postby john b » 12 Aug 2017, 18:19

there's a 6mph f55s come up on ebay now
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunrise-Medic ... SwwyFZcH-Q

they've added a couple of bm's adaptions, charge cables, seating bracket, so maybe someone here is selling it
john b

Postby jackinacabin » 16 Aug 2017, 20:42

Yes , thanks .. I had a look and talked to the seller . All was looking good but then he messaged saying the chair has developed a fault ... 8 pod lights flashing and the chair stops . I sent him the flash codes , advised he plugs out and in everything and hope he will get back to me if its a simple problem . Yes, he looks on here to improve his chair ... Hope he gets back to me ...
Cheers
Jack
jackinacabin

Postby steves1977uk » 18 Aug 2017, 11:25

I notice the seller is in Norwich which is about 30 odd mile from me, if he can't find the fault then he could bring the chair to me so I could read the fault log from the PM and narrow down where the problem is.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby jackinacabin » 19 Aug 2017, 05:22

Thanks Steve . I have passed your offer to the seller so he may pop up here and talk about this with you
Cheers
Jack
jackinacabin

Postby saker98 » 22 Aug 2017, 13:08

jackinacabin wrote:Yes , thanks .. I had a look and talked to the seller . All was looking good but then he messaged saying the chair has developed a fault ... 8 pod lights flashing and the chair stops . I sent him the flash codes , advised he plugs out and in everything and hope he will get back to me if its a simple problem . Yes, he looks on here to improve his chair ... Hope he gets back to me ...
Cheers
Jack

Hi Jack......did you receive my PM?

Well.... I stripped the chair down removing batteries and cables, checked all connections, when finished, replaced everything, still had eight power and five speed lights all flashing simultaneously. Removed the power key, disengaged and re-engaged the lever, the chair was "alive" again. Removed and replaced the key again, flashing lights returned. I think I might have tried to inhibit the disengage lever wrongly. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

steves1977uk wrote:I notice the seller is in Norwich which is about 30 odd mile from me, if he can't find the fault then he could bring the chair to me so I could read the fault log from the PM and narrow down where the problem is.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Many Thanks for the offer, but, I do not have a car and rely on public transport, so I can not get the chair to you. The only other way would be to post the pod and controller to someone that has the facilities to test them. Once again, thank you you for your offer Steve.

As knowledge and wisdom is gained by listening and heeding from people with more experience, while being able to realise your own mistakes and can not do everything yourself. With this in mind, I am all ears, and thank everyone for any help given.

Regards
James
saker98

Postby jackinacabin » 23 Aug 2017, 03:28

Hi ... yes I got the pm and now can reply ... my pc has been irratic but seems fine this eve after a reboot ... its getting pretty old in pc terms ..... Good to hear from you .. I will re-read your post and see if any light dawns
Cheers
jack
jackinacabin

Postby jackinacabin » 23 Aug 2017, 03:32

" I think I might have tried to inhibit the disengage lever wrongly"

I have disengaged my brake inhib as well with no problems. From memory I simply unplugged the connectors.... it was years ago so I may have permanently joined them nearer the brake , I simply don`t remember ... someone will probably pop up with better infomation ...
Good Luck
Jack
jackinacabin

Postby jackinacabin » 23 Aug 2017, 03:38

My f55s is on my van right now... I will have a look tomorrow if I am well enough and see how the inhibit wiring is when i can have a good look in daylight ..
Best wishes
Jack
jackinacabin

Postby Burgerman » 23 Aug 2017, 09:27

The cable to the lever has two connectors. Just plug them into each other to join the circuit, and no more inhibit.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby jackinacabin » 23 Aug 2017, 20:28

yes I just joined the connectors . Let me know if you got the chair working properly but if not I am interested at the lower price as I have good electrics on mine ... Good luck with it all
Jack
jackinacabin

Postby saker98 » 23 Aug 2017, 23:31

jackinacabin wrote:yes I just joined the connectors . Let me know if you got the chair working properly but if not I am interested at the lower price as I have good electrics on mine ... Good luck with it all
Jack

Burgerman wrote:The cable to the lever has two connectors. Just plug them into each other to join the circuit, and no more inhibit.

Hi Jack & John,

Thank you for your replies, it looks like I did do the inhibit task correctly, but, still have the same problem so far. I changed things a little bit by putting on an R-net system 90amp PM Controller with LCD joystick, but still had the same problem. Might it be something wrong with the "brake" it self? I did notice a while ago the the right hand brake seemed to "drag" at times, prior to me turning the pod off, just incase it caused any other problems. Thought's anyone?

Thanks in advance.

James
saker98

Next

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment