Job Lot of Quickie Salsa R2/Jive R2 Parts

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Job Lot of Quickie Salsa R2/Jive R2 Parts

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 14:51

Hi, all these parts are from a little used Salsa R2. I'm guessing some of them might fit a Jive R2 as well?

From memory theres:

Footplate
Swing-away leg rests + mounts
Powered reclining backrest
Seat raising plates (for above)
Controller mount
Calf Pads
Anti-tip device and cross bar
Lift up armrest curved castings.
Side guard mounts
Etc
NB: Everything in photo + nuts and bolts (not shown)

To follow: Lift/Tilt mechanism

I'm not posting any of the items, it nearly killed me just hoofing them out of the shed and laying them out on the grass. If anyone wants them make me an offer and come and pick them up.

Aside from the listing here a question for WD members: Do you think anyone will want them? I guess eBay has the most exposure but am not sure how to list them as a job lot? Should I list them asking say £100 buy it now (buyer collects) and also add the 'Make an Offer' option?

Scooterman

Re: Job Lot of Quickie Salsa R2/Jive R2 Parts

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 15:18

Better photo

Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2018, 15:32

All the same parts I usually dump!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 16:56

Burgerman wrote:All the same parts I usually dump!
Yes it's a lot of additional weight.

When I purchased the chair I didn't know what features I wanted in a powerchair, never having owned or used one prior. But virtually all the salsas and jive I saw on eBay had all/most of the extras.

The lift/tilt is nice to have, especially when sitting stationary in the chair, and for me getting up onto my feet (I might keep it in case I need for health reasons at a later date?)

But what I've done is ordered some aluminium 2mm walled tube (round & square), and right-angle section and am going to make myself a plywood seat, aluminium armrest posts, footplate hanger, etc, and mount the seat about 2 inches lower. I've given it a lot of thought and am reasonably confident I'll be able to make a half decent job of it. I'm hoping the chair might handle a bit better not being so top heavy, and just plain heavy. (But I'll never know unless I try, I might not like not having the lift tilt and end up refitting it.)

The reason why is for my level of disability/mobility a powerchair is a mobility device rather than mobile rehab seating. Large and medium scooters haven't got the manoeuvrability I sometimes need, and the smallest scooters are uncomfortable, too small for me anyway, and still nowhere as manoeuvrable as a powerchair.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2018, 17:17

Chairs or scooters, indoor capability and outdoor stability and ride, are in direct opposition. So its all a matter of compromise. Whatever is best for your needs.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 23 Jul 2018, 18:28

Burgerman wrote:Chairs or scooters, indoor capability and outdoor stability and ride, are in direct opposition. So its all a matter of compromise. Whatever is best for your needs.
I agree. I could now get away with not having the medium size scooter, but I still need my large road scooter, and manual chair for tossing in the back of someones car or a non-wav taxi. Trouble is all the aids take up room, and I've only got a one bed flat and no garage. I could really do with a spare bedroom to store the two scooters, powerchair, and manual chair, as well as rollators and sticks, etc.
Scooterman

Postby Scooterman » 04 Aug 2018, 18:59

SOLD!

Hi, couldn't believe it, someone on eBay had them for £120. I threw in the two nearly new 12.5" solid grey tyres I had.
Scooterman

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment