Power Mobile Recliner

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Power Mobile Recliner

Postby funchairguy » 04 Dec 2018, 18:08

I am a rocket scientist who designs, customizes, and builds brand new mobile recliners. These steel frames are professionally fabricated, welded, and powder coated to ensure integrity and highest quality. Each design comes with Bluetooth wireless stereo and two USB chargers that are all built in seamlessly into each unique recliner.

This particular recliner in the video is available for $4800.

Target clients are those interested in transitioning from a walker or wheelchair to an ultra modern high tech mobile transportation experience. It is an extremely comfortable ride and easy to drive in your ultimate custom mobile recliner.

Joystick is a VR2 (4) button joystick. Motor controller is a VR2 PG drives unit.
2 Batteries: 12V 50ah

Recliner:
Manufactured by Corinthian
Stainless Steel cup holder
Storage space under both armrests
Push button reclining
Push button headrest
Bluetooth wireless stereo (0.7amps at 24V)
Dual USB charger 1.0amp and 2.1amp

Color options are Brown or Black.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/hoecAotJGkI[/YouTube]

https://youtu.be/hoecAotJGkI
Attachments
chair1.jpg
IMG_6354.jpg
IMG_6375.jpg
funchairguy

Re: Power Mobile Recliner

Postby funchairguy » 11 Dec 2018, 01:48

I have a black leather luxury recliner with silver stitching that really looks sharp. The mods to turn it into a mobile luxury recliner are almost finished and I will have some pictures shortly.

I also want to thank the forum members for help on a programming issue with a chair. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2111&start=1290#p129448

Now I can fine tune the recliner to make it a blast to drive. :dance
funchairguy

Postby funchairguy » 15 Dec 2018, 00:59

As promised, here is the black leather powered recliner. Sorry, this one is already sold, however, I have tooled up to make more and have one frame already built. Also, the Brown recliner is still available. See my first post.
Attachments
IMG_6603.jpg
IMG_6618.jpg
IMG_6634.jpg
funchairguy

Postby funchairguy » 15 Dec 2018, 17:24

Here are pictures of the adjustable headrest.
Attachments
IMG_6650.jpg
IMG_6652.jpg
IMG_6653.jpg
funchairguy

Postby funchairguy » 15 Dec 2018, 18:51

I have built many tools to aid in the quality manufacturing of the Luxury Recliner chassis.

Here is an example of one of the tools. I built this custom hydraulic press die to make the motor mounts. The motor mounts must be the strongest part of the recliner. This tool presses the initial shape of the motor mounts to make all of them exactly the same. It was no easy task to fabricate this tool. It was made from a solid piece of steel. The initial shape was cut with a giant CNC plasma cutter. After that, I machined the two halves to their final shape and added alignment guides. This entire tool fits into a hydraulic press to form the initial shape of the motor mount bracket. I placed a 3/8 ratchet tool in front of my die to demonstrate the size of the tool.
Attachments
IMG_6657.jpg
IMG_6656.jpg
funchairguy

Postby funchairguy » 15 Dec 2018, 19:04

These are images of the welding jig for the motor mounts and a finished batch of motor mounts. This tool keeps the motor mounts in perfect alignment during welding. This is accomplished with several alignment bosses inserted into precision cut holes in the tool which are welded in place. The motor mounts are put into the welding jig and bolted tightly into place. Then, plasma cut braces are welded on the motor mounts to give them strength. The second picture is a batch of finished motor mounts.
Attachments
IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6658.jpg
funchairguy

Postby Burgerman » 15 Dec 2018, 19:21

Before you sell me one I would need a few changes.
1. Rear drive.
2. another controler, like R-Net. So 120A capability.
3. 4 pole 5 or 6mph motors.
4. Correct positioning of joystick.
5. Black tyres obviously...

All new parts.

Then I may be interested for one in my living room for fun. Till then, no use to me. Thats my own opinion. Also, I would want lithium or at least 70Ah battery. Or better still PC1500 Odyssey. As the impedance of less doesent allow decent steer control.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby funchairguy » 15 Dec 2018, 20:00

Rear drive would require large casters to fit in front where there is no room for them to rotate.

4 pole motors will increase the seat height which I did not want to do. I could cut into the recliner and heavily modify it to tuck the motors and wheels inside, but that will require removal of the stereo speakers.

Changing the design will require all new tooling and multiple welding jigs.

These are obliviously achievable to engineer, but drives the cost to about 3 to 4 times due to the non-recurring costs of engineering and tooling.

I will however build you a custom chair with all your requirement included. I can also build a couch with recliners if you want. I have done it before. I'll even build it with lithium ion batteries if you like.

PM me with your detailed list of requirements and a shipping address, and I will provide a quote and an estimate turn around time.
funchairguy

Postby funchairguy » 17 Dec 2018, 18:22

Here are pictures of the battery hold down clamps. The second picture shows one of the clamps in the weld jig. This is one of two jigs used to build the battery hold down clamps. This jig aligns the "H" frame with the wrap around battery holder and centers, spaces, and squares the parts for welding.

The design of the battery hold down clamp allows for many different battery terminal types.
Attachments
IMG_6659.jpg
IMG_6660.jpg
funchairguy

Postby funchairguy » 20 Dec 2018, 15:58

Here is a custom jig stand that I built to hold the frame jig.

It is made from a VW (independent rear suspension) swingarm and brake assembly. The jig to assemble the recliner frame bolts to this tool. This tool allows me to effortlessly rotate my jig and lock it into any position for welding. When welding, it is bad practice to weld an entire joint at once. The heat can cause the metal shrink and pull out of alignment. So it is good practice to weld smaller segments. This allows me to rotate the jig effortlessly and quickly to access every segment that needs to be welded.

I attached the emergency brake handle to the existing parking brake cable. The brakes are powerful enough to keep an entire car from rolling down a hill. Since the Jig has very little weight, this setup takes very little effort to lock the jig into any position. The bearings are way overkill as well and allow the jig to rotate effortlessly with no drag.
Attachments
IMG_6311.jpg
IMG_6310.jpg
IMG_6309.jpg
funchairguy

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment