Pram wheels or similar wanted?

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Pram wheels or similar wanted?

Postby Scooterman » 06 Jan 2019, 16:55

They're a bit thin on the ground as most mothers use pushchairs with small wheels.

I wanted to make something similar to this. I have a strong plastic storage box that I can mount on a piece of solid pine table top I've got. But I need some wheels, preferably cheap! :thumbup:

I you've not got any but know where I might be able to buy some, I'm all ears.
Attachments
rsz_screenshot_2019-01-06-15-49-30.jpg
Scooterman

Re: Pram wheels or similar wanted?

Postby Swan T.W. » 06 Jan 2019, 17:21

Bicycle wheels?
Swan T.W.

Postby Scooterman » 06 Jan 2019, 17:37

Hmmm I did think of them. But I’m not sure how I’d attach them. Pram wheels are designed to slide on an axle rod (at least I think they are?,) whereas bike wheels have a hub?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jan 2019, 20:38

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 06 Jan 2019, 21:34

Bicycle Luggage Trailer £45 or offer less + £10 delivery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/luggage-carg ... 2558760478

Bicycle Child/Dog Trailer £35 or offer less + collect it from Crawley not sure how far that is for you https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avenir-Shetl ... 3535300885

If you just want wheels to bodge something up try pram, push along wheelchair, golf trolley, or you could even butcher a tricycle for £10 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Childrens-ol ... 4120069024 :lol:
foghornleghorn

Postby Scooterman » 07 Jan 2019, 18:39

Thank you guys and for all the suggestions and the links :thumbup: I didn't think of googling for bicycle trailers, there are also a shed load of them on Amazon, see here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... le+Trailer

Compared to the price of mobility scooter trailers, they're virtually identical and a lot cheaper. I might have to modify the tow arm to fit my scooter, but I would have needed to do that with a Mob Scooter trailer.

The mob scooter ones are designed to hitch/slide into the 1 inch square tube under the seat. But it's a bad way to attach a trailer as the weight of the trailer pulls the seat about as it's only mounted on a centre seat post.

If I can pick one up for about £50 it's not worth the hassle of trying to make one.
Scooterman

Postby Mechniki » 20 Jan 2019, 00:29

Have you found a scooter or wheelchair trailer for sale in the UK - just wondered as it's against the law to use them on Pavements
Mechniki

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2019, 01:07

You do worry about laws a lot!

Nobody much cares. The law certainly doesn't.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jan 2019, 17:28

Burgerman wrote:You do worry about laws a lot!

That is so true! Trouble is we were condition/brain-washed as kids. I used to be s**t scared of the local bobby in our village.
Scooterman

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jan 2019, 17:32

Mechniki wrote:Have you found a scooter or wheelchair trailer for sale in the UK - just wondered as it's against the law to use them on Pavements

No, if I get one I will but a new one for shot £70. But I've sort of changed my mind as I've got enough cr*p in and around my flat as it is. And at the moment I'm having a hoof out of all the old stuff I haven't used in ages. I hate clutter! :cussing
Scooterman

Postby Mechniki » 22 Jan 2019, 20:03

Burgerman wrote:You do worry about laws a lot!

I do worry coz I seem to keep breaking them.
Mechniki

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jan 2019, 04:36

This country is so lawless that even real criminals, and people vandalizing cars or property doesn't get prosecuted even when you insist after the 5th time the police are called, even when you know who it is, and have the evidence and videos. I am talking from experience as one of my carers has been having problems with a lunatic violent neibour. Who already has a record. They are not interested, wont actually DO anything. They send those fake policemen round to smooth things over and pretend its all in hand who refuse to prosecute anyone because its too much bother. And they park with 2 wheels on the pavement facing the wrong way at night themselves... Outside your house while they knock on your door! They dont even know its illegal.

And they refuse to do a thing about repeated stolen bikes riding on the footpath running into fragile old people even when they have been grabbed by the public. And those community police ride their own bikes on the footpath themselves! They then complain when I tell them its against the law. Not to mention that I had an argument about driving on a empty quiet street at 8mph quite legally on the road in a chair! They INSISTED I used the footpath. I tried to explain that 8mph on the footpath wasn't legal and they were not interested. A couple of black bikes with no lights in the dark shot past on the foot-way as we argued. I explained that they allow that, and that makes the footpath dangerous which was why I wasn't using it. That didn't concern them one bit. You couldn't make it up. They have no clue about the law, and dont care anyway. So as I say, you worry far too much.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment