Fieldmaster224 for sale

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Fieldmaster224 for sale

Postby frankpen » 06 Feb 2020, 11:40

My daughters FieldMaster 224 4WD off-road powerchair is for sale.

The 224 has four chunky pneumatic tyres and each wheel is independently driven for true 4WD; it will cope with hills, rough ground, mud, puddles, wet grass, kerbs, and generally terrain that would bring many other powerchairs to a stop. It has a very comfy leather Cobra rally-style seat.

We bought the chair directly from FieldMaster in 2009 for our daughter who has Friedreich’s Ataxia. She used it from our house to go with us on dog walks on Danbury Common (National Trust) which is close. Usage has been occasional and over the last couple of years not at all. It has always been stored either in the house (we have a large porch) or latterly in a dry shed in the garden; never outdoors. Although it is still in good condition, due to her deteriorating physical condition, she can no longer use the Fieldmaster.
The batteries were replaced a few years ago and have been regularly charged since then. They will probbaly need replacing in the next year or so. I did this last time and it took me about 3 hours. I have kept the instructions from Fieldmaster. Everything on the chair works fine.

FieldMaster ceased trading some time in 2015. A company called Wizard Wheelchairs still makes similar looking powerchairs: http://www.wizardwheelchairs.com/merlin1.html. Alton mobility can service Fieldmaster powerchairs: http://www.altonmobilityservices.co.uk/service.html
Please be aware that this is a big, heavy chair with a chunky steel frame and two big lead-acid batteries. It needs a largish vehicle to transport it. Here is some additional information from the original brochure:
Overall Length: 1250mm
Overall Width: 650mm
Overall Height: (to top of seat): 1220mm
Weight: 135kg
Motors: x4 250 watt
Battery Type: 2 x 50 ah
Roll Bar: Built into seat
Maximum speed: 4.4mph
Average Journey: 6 hours
Maximum Journey (at full speed): 3 hours

We live in mid Essex and would prefer the buyer to collect but we might be able to deliver within 100 miles radius, ask if you are interested.

Looking for £500 for it to go to someone who can make use of it. It cost over £7,000 new.

Contact me by email at frankpenton@sky.com
frankpen

Re: Fieldmaster224 for sale

Postby frankpen » 14 Feb 2020, 11:47

The batteries are now in need of replacement. Cost will be about £150. I have done this before and it takes about 3 to 4 hours. Price therefore increased to £650 including new batteries. I will only do this if someone actually wants the item.
frankpen

Postby Burgerman » 14 Feb 2020, 12:45

You cannot get decent batteries for 150. You cannot get ONE decent battery for 150...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MK-Mobility-Sc ... -1-catcorr
Cheap AGMs are rubbish. Dont last long and have high voltage drop under load.
And odyssey are the best of these two, but even more expensive.

So best to sell it without. And let the buyer decide to fit cheap but pretty much useless batteries or decent MK or Odyssey etc batts themselves. My thoughts.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby frankpen » 14 Mar 2020, 14:43

Many thanks Burgerman. We have now donated the chair to a local wildlife charity (without batteries) and will pass this information on to them.
frankpen

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment