WANTED: Jive m2/ Puma 40 Right swing away control mount

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

WANTED: Jive m2/ Puma 40 Right swing away control mount

Postby optical10 » 06 Feb 2020, 11:40

Right hand swing away control mount for Sunrise Medical quickie Jive m2/ Puma 40 Seder ergo . Sunrise Medical eparts #21809060-002

Thanks
Sunrise Medical Quickie salsa R2
Revolectrix PL8
Shirley modified ZXD2400 PSU
optical10

Re: WANTED: Jive m2/ Puma 40 Right swing away control mount

Postby Burgerman » 06 Feb 2020, 12:32

Word of warning. Those swing aways are rubbish. The joystick is all wobbly, and it makes real control once programmed impossible. I use one. But I redrlled it for the next size up screws, and carefully reamed each hole for a stiff friction fit. And used fibre washers etc to fine tune things. Now it works like it should have to begin with. I also made longer "fingers" while I was at it. Because once mounted / relocated INSIDE the arm, where it needs to be for proper comfort, and hand technique, its too short to swing away and miss the arm tops. Even more so if you have the nice wide jay P shaped custom arm tops as I do.

This stuff is so basic, you would think that the manufacturers could make a decent swing away that works without being rebuilt, and isnt loose and wobbly wouldnt you, or that was mounted correctly and in the right place, or that was actually long enough to work! You will also need to lift the thing up tight below the arm top, as well as making a spacer to raise the control pod high enough to have proper hand technique. This is a bit of fine tuning that will take all day to sort out properly. That you shouldnt have to do!

See the pic here:
Attachments
810_2346.JPG
INBOARD OF THE ARM.
810_2645-small.JPG
And now spaced upwards so that it can be cupped by the hand for stability.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 06 Feb 2020, 13:00

Spacers
Attachments
810_2644-small.JPG
Spacers. 2 here. Needed 3 in the end.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 06 Feb 2020, 13:03

Attachments
810_2643-small.JPG
810_2650-small.JPG
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 06 Feb 2020, 13:09

As it arrived. Still on a pallet. Note amongst other things, that the control pod is 3 inches too low, and mounted to the OUTSIDE of the arm. In this position its unbelievably uncomfortable, making your hand bend outwards, and it gets trapped in every door/wall close contact. And it make correct hand control and joystick control completely impossible unless you are deformed. It also wobbles around as if it tied on with string...

There are thousands of these chairs, delivered over a decade all over the EU. all way too nose heavy, programmed abysmally, and with the wobbly control pod in the wrong position making everyones life hell. Yet nobody says a thing. :clap
Attachments
new.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby optical10 » 06 Feb 2020, 13:50

Ok thanks for the heads-up on the mods needed.

Joysticks on the two donar chairs used hybrid got your reposition treatment, much better. Managed to gain height by turning the T shaped mounting bracket upside down and insertimg it into the reverse side of the armrest which also is inside out inbound!
[img=100x50]https://drive.google.com/file/d/18YS_9hQ-pECJCutK81ForjQb0Mv3hy1D/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]

[img=100x50]https://drive.google.com/file/d/18V0ZWq_9-1-mA16VCw81IUyUWpp-psLF/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]

[img100x50]https://drive.google.com/file/d/18XBSndQ6Q98AKRGFZd6SQ2PCYfhPCht-/view?usp=drivesdk[/img]
Revolectrix PL8
optical10

Postby Irving » 06 Feb 2020, 19:19

google drive links need permission, and you can't use with BB [img] tag, that needs a jpg, etc file extension.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby rover220 » 06 Feb 2020, 20:55

Burgerman wrote:Word of warning. Those swing aways are rubbish. The joystick is all wobbly, and it makes real control once programmed impossible. I use one. But I redrlled it for the next size up screws, and carefully reamed each hole for a stiff friction fit. And used fibre washers etc to fine tune things. Now it works like it should have to begin with. I also made longer "fingers" while I was at it. Because once mounted / relocated INSIDE the arm, where it needs to be for proper comfort, and hand technique, its too short to swing away and miss the arm tops. Even more so if you have the nice wide jay P shaped custom arm tops as I do.

This stuff is so basic, you would think that the manufacturers could make a decent swing away that works without being rebuilt, and isnt loose and wobbly wouldnt you, or that was mounted correctly and in the right place, or that was actually long enough to work! You will also need to lift the thing up tight below the arm top, as well as making a spacer to raise the control pod high enough to have proper hand technique. This is a bit of fine tuning that will take all day to sort out properly. That you shouldnt have to do!

See the pic here:

completely different swing away to what the salsa uses.
rover220

Postby optical10 » 06 Feb 2020, 21:14

rover220 wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Word of warning. Those swing aways are rubbish. The joystick is all wobbly, and it makes real control once programmed impossible. I use one. But I redrlled it for the next size up screws, and carefully reamed each hole for a stiff friction fit. And used fibre washers etc to fine tune things. Now it works like it should have to begin with. I also made longer "fingers" while I was at it. Because once mounted / relocated INSIDE the arm, where it needs to be for proper comfort, and hand technique, its too short to swing away and miss the arm tops. Even more so if you have the nice wide jay P shaped custom arm tops as I do.

See the pic here:

Yep your right but im using the Jive m2 sedeo ergo R-net joystick'd seat on the Salsa r2 chassis, which uses the right mount fittings to take this requested swing away.
Revolectrix PL8
optical10

Postby optical10 » 06 Feb 2020, 21:16

Irving wrote:google drive links need permission, and you can't use with BB [img] tag, that needs a jpg, etc file extension.

Right, im trying to convert the google likes now, thanks
Revolectrix PL8
optical10

Postby optical10 » 06 Feb 2020, 22:06

optical10 wrote:Ok thanks for the heads-up on the mods needed.

Joysticks on the two donar chairs used for hybrid got your reposition treatment, much better. Managed to gain height by turning the T shaped mounting bracket upside down and insertimg it into the reverse side of the armrest which also is inside out inbound!
20200206_122157_edited.jpeg

20200206_204452_edited.jpeg
Inverted mounting bracket to gain height

20200206_122343_edited (1).jpeg

Revolectrix PL8
optical10

Postby optical10 » 06 Feb 2020, 22:11

optical10 wrote:
rover220 wrote:

See the pic here:

Yep your right but im using the Jive m2 sedeo ergo R-net joystick'd seat on the Salsa r2 chassis, which uses the right mount fittings to take this requested swing away.
Attachments
20200201_150016_edited.jpeg
Hybrid Salsa r2 / Jive Sedeo Ergo
Revolectrix PL8
optical10

Postby optical10 » 07 Feb 2020, 13:32

Here the Sunrise Medical schematic drawing of the correct mount im after.

Screenshot_20200207-110451_Chrome_edited.jpeg
Swing away and swing in possible

Screenshot_20200207-115441_Chrome_edited.jpeg

Heres the Youtube demo vid

https://youtu.be/OV_2bWMTEHA
Revolectrix PL8
optical10

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2020, 14:15

As I said the two fingrs are too short. You need to fit 2 longer ones... Or it wont retract without hitting the arm tops. Designed by an idiot.

The one in the video, wobbles like crazy too, and they are unusable by me. Notice that those lift up arms ALSO wobble like crazy in the vid. Once the thing is programmed to give YOU control, all that wobbyness in arm and mount means you go wherever the wobbles send you. No good.

Thats why I redrilled and lengthened the salsa swing away, and used the far more substantial single post arms. Then it allows you to have accurate linear instant programming, and be in real control. Nothing moves about when you try and wobble it. In any direction.

Also you dont WANT it to swing in, it will do so as you are hitting a few bumps when trying to hit a gap between a wall and a lamp post or something and you will crash and break your legs... It must sit in the CORRECT position firmly with no wobbling or easy movement. Especially inwards. It shoud swing away outwards only if you insist... It cant do that by mistake because the palm of your hand should be on the right side of the pod. Pushing INWARDS as you drive. But you dont want it to GO inwards when you least exect it... Who designs these things. :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment