wiring my R-NET

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

wiring my R-NET

Postby Clif » 21 Nov 2020, 06:46

I am about to replace the DX2 system on my Magic Mobility X8 with a used R-NET system. I have a few questions if any body can help me.
1. The R-NET controller I have has a small device plugged into the far right port that has a label on it that says” REMOVE FOR TILT OR LIFT”. Is this device needed in every R-NET system if you are not using that port. Although my X8 does not have tilt or lift I have another R-NET controller that I am going to install on another chair I have and I do not have this small plugin device for that controller.
2. Is there a polarity to the motor plugs terminals? I am sure if I hook it up and it goes in reverse I will know I have it wrong but I would like to get it right on the first try.
3. Which side of the chair would motor 1 connect to?
4. I assume there is no polarity to the brake circuit and I can just connect the two brake wires to either terminal. Is this correct?
5. The OEM software I got with the dongle says version 6.1.0. Is there a newer or better version of the software I should be using?
6. Since I have a used R-NET controller that is set up for who knows what and I have no idea what the old DX2 controller had for settings is there anything I need to look for or does anybody have any recommendation on where to start with settings?
I know that is a lot of questions. I am always grateful for the help I get here. Thanks everyone and special thanks to Burgerman for this great site.
Clif

Re: wiring my R-NET

Postby Burgerman » 21 Nov 2020, 10:20

1. The R-NET controller I have has a small device plugged into the far right port that has a label on it that says” REMOVE FOR TILT OR LIFT”. Is this device needed in every R-NET system if you are not using that port. Although my X8 does not have tilt or lift I have another R-NET controller that I am going to install on another chair I have and I do not have this small plugin device for that controller.

Cannot see what you are looking at. But I think its just a rubber plug to keep out water. Is this a 120A power module? Because I never saw one!
This is what you have? download/file.php?id=11123&mode=view
OBC = On Board Charging, Bus = bus!, and inhibit is just that. They are just protective covers. It may be that you have on SOME CHAIRS something plugged into the inhibit that replaces the chairs loom parts. But no its not needed. Programming may be.

2. Is there a polarity to the motor plugs terminals? I am sure if I hook it up and it goes in reverse I will know I have it wrong but I would like to get it right on the first try.

No the motors can be any way... Its adjustable in programming.

3. Which side of the chair would motor 1 connect to?

Reversable in programming.

4. I assume there is no polarity to the brake circuit and I can just connect the two brake wires to either terminal. Is this correct?

Yep

5. The OEM software I got with the dongle says version 6.1.0. Is there a newer or better version of the software I should be using?

Yep!
PM me.

6. Since I have a used R-NET controller that is set up for who knows what and I have no idea what the old DX2 controller had for settings is there anything I need to look for or does anybody have any recommendation on where to start with settings?

In order not to damage brakes solenoid be sure the brake voltage is set correctly. In programming.
In order to not have a runaway, set motor compensation to a low figure before testing anything unless you aleady know what it should be.
Everything else you can play with later.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Clif » 21 Nov 2020, 15:41

I have the controller in your photo. This is a picture of the small thing that is plugged into the right end of my controler. It has connectors in the top 2 spots and there is a resistance of 2365 ohms between them.
Attachments
plug-222.jpg
plugged into my R-NET 120
Clif

Postby rover220 » 21 Nov 2020, 15:52

Clif wrote:I have the controller in your photo. This is a picture of the small thing that is plugged into the right end of my controler. It has connectors in the top 2 spots and there is a resistance of 2365 ohms between them.

It's an inhibit loop I bet you're power module came from a pride chair.
rover220

Return to Everything Powerchair