Permobil x850

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Permobil x850

Postby kowarin » 22 Jan 2021, 11:27

Hello, friends. I have such a problem. I have a Permobil x850 TS. I have a diode on my joystick flashing that the seat is rotated. But there is no such function on this model. How can this problem be solved????

[YouTube] https://youtu.be/yO7fVCmUxms [/YouTube]
kowarin

Re: Permobil x850

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jan 2021, 11:58

X850 Corpus 3G
Built for outdoors

You need a wheelchair that can cope and that you can rely on; the X850 Corpus 3G is the right choice. With rear-wheel drive, a powerful motor and robust suspension this is a wheelchair which you can safely drive at 15 km/hr. .

Our powerful offroad-wheelchair doesn't just look sturdy, it's built for people who demand high performance. The chair is equipped with ESP (Electronic Steering Performance) which controls the engine and ensures that you never lose control when taking a corner. It has directional lighting which stay on the track, spring-loaded mirrors, and rubber bumpers which can take a knock

The outstanding aspect of the Corpus 3G is that the seating system is completely adapted to the natural form of the body.The seat can be rotated 180°, making mounting and dismounting easy.

Are you sure?
Its a sensor switch, and it can be disabled in programming on most systems. But I dont recognise your joystick so its a mystery to me. Is it an R-Net system as the permobil web page claims? Doesent look like it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 22 Jan 2021, 13:51

Weird unknown Permobil pod ....

perm pod.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby kowarin » 22 Jan 2021, 17:42

I managed to solve this problem. Everything is done through the Permobil mini config. But! To enable this mini config, you need to unlock it. It is locked by the manufacturer. On YouTube there is a video by author Robert Skogvold about the Permobil x850. There in the comments there is an answer how to remove this problem. Maybe this is useful to someone!
kowarin

Postby woodygb » 22 Jan 2021, 18:21

https://permobilus.com/wp-content/uploa ... Config.pdf
Page 31 ...or use the instructions below from Robert Skogvold

If you can't access Mini-Config (do any of the things below), I will help you accass it. Just tell me.

- Press and hold the "light" and "speed button" and start the chair with the "on" button (all three button pressed when switching it on).

- Press the "seat lift up" button to access seat swivel / seat tilt function

- Press the "speed button" till you have two lights on that button.

- Use the joystick left or right to choose the right option for you:
two lights = manual seat swivel
six lights = no electric seat swivel and no electric seat tilt
eight lights = elektric seat tilt

- Press the "on" button

- Press the "seat lift up" button

- Press the "on" button

- Press the "off" button
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby kowarin » 08 Sep 2021, 08:26

Hello friend. I have such a question for you. I also have a Permobil x850, he has such a problem. It turns on, then it doesn’t. Sometimes the remote control burns and the motors do not turn on and half of the functions do not work. We also tried to reset the factory settings. After removing all errors . Worked for 2 days. Then it stopped turning on again. The remote control is on and that's it, but nothing works.
kowarin

Postby kowarin » 08 Sep 2021, 08:30

Maybe it has something to do with the relay? When you turn on the Permobil, there is always a sound when it works. And sometimes there is no sound and then the remote control is on, but the motors do not turn on and half of the function does not work.
kowarin

Postby Burgerman » 08 Sep 2021, 10:31

Permobils. You gotta love them. Why do people keep buying the things?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby kowarin » 08 Sep 2021, 14:54

There was no experience with Permobil. I bought 2 pieces. Trax, x850. a garage near the house. I bought it and am suffering saving up money for a new scooter.
kowarin

Postby kowarin » 08 Sep 2021, 14:56

I had no experience with Permobil. I bought 2 pieces. Trax, x850. 2 years I had no problems. And now that one is different. And we can't sell them in Latvia. The model is rare. Yes, and it is heavy for an apartment, but I have a garage near the house. I bought it and am suffering saving up money for a new scooter.
kowarin

Postby Burgerman » 09 Sep 2021, 05:14

Most people dont have experience. If you read on here for a while. you will see that almost every electrical, seating failure, programming issue or trying to fix a chair seems to be permobil. Mostly because unlike other manufacturers they tie you a large proportion are permobil related to their own home made bespoke components which make it impossible to fix without contacting them. They have you over a barrel.

They start out at around 50 to 70% more expensive than most other brands. And they use cheaper and unreliable replacements for the typical generic parts that other manufacturers use. So instead of using easily obtained generic R-Net parts for example. They have their own seating, stability/gyro modules, and cut down cheaper versions of joysticks etc. So you cannot just buy generic PG drives parts or modules. And you cant program or fix seating or gyro electronics. And it seems neither can they most of the time without swapping out parts till it works or still has the same problem $$$.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby kowarin » 10 Sep 2021, 20:01

Thank you friend for the information !!! You were right, the error was not resolved on Permobil Trax. I drove 1 kilometer and got up I had to call a tow truck. It also shows a potentiometer error.
kowarin

Postby kowarin » 10 Sep 2021, 20:03

Do you know where is the magnetic brake sensor on the Permobil x850?
kowarin

Postby kowarin » 10 Sep 2021, 20:04

Do you know where is the magnetic brake sensor on the Permobil x850?
kowarin

Postby Burgerman » 10 Sep 2021, 21:25

The magnetic brake is an electromagnetic brake. It doesent work as a brake at all. Its like a handbrake. The chair slows due to the motors and the batteries and its programming. It is held in place so it doesent roll while not powered up or when stationary, by motor brakes that are on by a kind of spring. The electro magnet releases the brake to mment you move the joystick away from the centre position to allow the chair to move. The current needed to do this is monitored by the power module internally and this senses any over current or open circuit condition.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby scootntootn » 11 Sep 2021, 23:51

Burgerman wrote:Permobils. You gotta love them. Why do people keep buying the things?

Most don't. They're super popular in northern Europe, where they do well on snow, ice and rugged terrain. AND they're paid for and fixed by the government.
Irritatingly female..
Scooter: Afikim Superlight SL2 and a small full size for longer trips.
scootntootn

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 11 Oct 2021, 04:02

Hello group, a previous version x850 chair arrived at the workshop (only 4 units in Argentina), it lacks the electric steering motor, it only has the sensor. I ask: You who are several steps ahead, can it be replaced by an industrial servo or why? Thanks in advance.
Siempre aprendiendo y brindando soluciones!.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Return to Everything Powerchair