8.5mph motors sunrise - how much at cost ?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: 8.5mph motors sunrise - how much at cost ?

Postby LROBBINS » 10 Feb 2021, 09:31

My current pondering on this is how practical it would be to make a hybrid motor. A motor that has both permanent magnets and a set of field coils. Energize the coils adding flux to when starting off to give more torque, and operate most of the time with out the coils energized, because energizing the coils would likely reduce efficiency overall. And then when going for max speed under low-load situation, energize the coil the other direction to reduce the flux and increase the max speed (again with probably some efficiency hit). Would work sort of like a 3-speed gearbox.
What an intriguing idea. Now all we need is to find a motor manufacturer interested in trying this.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2021, 08:23

I have just had it on good authority (3 photos of the motor lables) by a member here for a different reason that instead of using different gearbox ratios the 5mph HD and the 6mph, 8mph motors all use the SAME gear ratio. And have different RPM ouput's. So they change the motors instead to alter max RPM. They may do this in a bunch of ways such as having different number of "slots". They look the same externally. So as in the hobby world, linix are doing it differently to all the previous manufacturers. So a 5 slot motor will be half as fast as a 10 or 11 slot one possible. And just as in the hobby world this is exactly the same thing as changing gearing. The faster motor has less torque. So net result is exactly the same as swapping gear ratios. I may also mean that they use thinner or fatter winfings with a different number of turns. This will all mean that they may need different motor load compensation settings. that expressos claim that the stock settings for the 8mph motors was 30, instead of 45 may be correct.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 Feb 2021, 17:32

another thing may be also that - with the chairs i get and others that use Motion Concepts Seatings - so the Sunrise Chair i am getting - without the seating goes to Motion to add the seat lift seating

i am thinking since they add in the seating with all the power functions - maybe they reprogram the chair to make it all work - and in doing so maybe they put it at 30 for what ever reason -

It may come at 45 from sunrise end - then goes to Motion to add seating - which i am sure it has to be programmed after wards -

all i know is mines was 30 - another same chair - same Motion seating 30 also - i have not check one that came from Sunrise directly with no 3rd party involved - if anyone here has a 636 0r 646 that doesnt have a seat lift etc, - they can check and see what its set from Sunrise here

would it make any difference if using PM90A vs the 120A - both 4 pole motors - but sunrise wont add a 120A with the slower 4 pole motors - only with the 8.5 or 8 what ever it is - would that make any difference ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2021, 18:41

Yes its possible. Read the post 2 above!
Linix it seems - unlike every other manufacturer use the same gearbox on every speed motor. 26 to 1. And instead they change the motor windings to adjust speed. I didnt know that and its a different way of doing the same thing. You still get less torque with higher speed etc. But it means that the motors armature will have different thickness wire, possibly different number slots, and more or less turns so your 30mOhm might be correct on your 8mph motors..

BM:
I have just had it on good authority (3 photos of the motor labels) by a member here for a different reason that instead of using different gearbox ratios the 5mph HD and the 6mph, 8mph motors all use the SAME gear ratio. And have different RPM ouput's. So they change the motors instead to alter max RPM. They may do this in a bunch of ways such as having different number of "slots". They look the same externally. So as in the hobby world, linix are doing it differently to all the previous manufacturers. So a 5 slot motor will be half as fast as a 10 or 11 slot one possible. And just as in the hobby world this is exactly the same thing as changing gearing. The faster motor has less torque. So net result is exactly the same as swapping gear ratios. I may also mean that they use thinner or fatter windings with a different number of turns on the armature. This will all mean that they may need different motor load compensation settings. that expressos claim that the stock settings for the 8mph motors was 30, instead of 45 may be correct.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Yennek » 11 Feb 2021, 19:02

Yes, very different, and it looks like they aren't consistent about how they do it either. For example with this series of motors, they do keep the same gearbox, but use a different motor: http://linix.com.cn/detail.aspx?cid=1224

But on these they use a different ratio: http://linix.com.cn/detail.aspx?cid=1227

If you don't have a translation plug-in, specs are the second tab on the bottom.
Yennek

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair