Snowman

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 14 Feb 2021, 03:34

My carer made a snowman. :lol:
Attachments
BRIAN.JPG
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Gnomatic » 14 Feb 2021, 04:04

The only thing missing is a mini Union Jack hanging from the snow dong. :lol:
Gnomatic
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: 24 Aug 2012, 17:18
Location: Ohio USA

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 14 Feb 2021, 04:08

Quite.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby martin007 » 14 Feb 2021, 22:57

The planet is warming...
User avatar
martin007
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: 03 Jun 2015, 23:55
Location: Spain

Re: Snowman

Postby ex-Gooserider » 16 Feb 2021, 00:03

martin007 wrote:The planet is warming...


I'll believe that when I quit having to scrape the global warming off my windshield, and paying to have it removed from our driveway....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
User avatar
ex-Gooserider
 
Posts: 5541
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 06:17
Location: Billerica, MA. USA

Re: Snowman

Postby Dan » 16 Feb 2021, 03:35

According to Nasa, Noaa and the UK Met Office, 2019 was the second warmest in a record dating back to 1850.
The past five years were the hottest in the 170-year series, with the average of each one more than 1C warmer than pre-industrial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51111176
Attachments
_110520516_meantemps4-nc.png
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan
 
Posts: 390
Joined: 10 Nov 2011, 03:03
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Snowman

Postby snaker » 16 Feb 2021, 04:09

In Vietnam, we do not have snow so we make these alternatives :oops:
https://www.google.com.vn/search?q=tuon ... 5&biw=1440

Image

Image
User avatar
snaker
 
Posts: 997
Joined: 23 May 2015, 10:45
Location: Vietnam

Re: Snowman

Postby Swan T.W. » 16 Feb 2021, 19:12

snaker wrote:In Vietnam, we do not have snow so we make these alternatives :oops:
https://www.google.com.vn/search?q=tuon ... 5&biw=1440

Image

Image

A true woody.
Swan T.W.
 
Posts: 258
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 17:03
Location: Ontario,Canada

Re: Snowman

Postby Jay_x » 18 Feb 2021, 02:30

ex-Gooserider wrote:
martin007 wrote:The planet is warming...


I'll believe that when I quit having to scrape the global warming off my windshield, and paying to have it removed from our driveway....

ex-Gooserider


The global average temperature is absolutely going up, this is not in question. And the arctic ice cap is melting, satellite pictures from the 60s and now prove this beyond a doubt.

And a small rise in temp does not mean winter or cold weather disappears altogether everywhere, I mean come on. Use your noggin.
Jay_x
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 17:31

Re: Snowman

Postby Jay_x » 18 Feb 2021, 02:30

Jay_x wrote:
ex-Gooserider wrote:
martin007 wrote:The planet is warming...


I'll believe that when I quit having to scrape the global warming off my windshield, and paying to have it removed from our driveway....

ex-Gooserider


The global average temperature is absolutely going up, this is not in question. And the arctic ice cap is melting, satellite pictures from the 60s and now prove this beyond a doubt.

And a small rise in temp does not mean winter or cold weather disappears altogether everywhere, I mean come on. Use your noggin God gave you.
Jay_x
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 17:31

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 18 Feb 2021, 05:58

Depending on your timescale its actually getting colder and has been for a long time.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/warming.pdf Its all a matter of perspective. Yes, if we cherry pick the last few pixels on a huge graph on purpose to try and demonstrate lots of warming - then yes its getting warmer. If we however look at the bigger picture its getting a LOT colder and we are heading for another ice age. So yeas we have climate change. We have always had climate change! But current warming is both insignificant and isnt faster than any in the past.

The important questions though are this.
Does it matter? I think its overblown and it doesent!
Is it a bad or a good thing? In many ways its a good thing!
Is this climate change helped along by human made C02? And how innacurate are their models? Because so far every last prediction, sky falling, floods etc has been drastically over estimated. Or failed to happn over the last 25 years I have been watching this.
Is it actually possible to reverse this even if humans ceased to exist? Thats also unknown too. Because we really have only a vague understanding.
Since the cost of attempting to reverse this is going to be way way higher than dealing with any sea level rise etc over the next century, does it even make sense to try?

Those are the real questions. But they go way too deep for the global warming indoctrinated masses and politicians.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Jay_x » 18 Feb 2021, 18:42

Burgerman, its NOT getting colder, that is absurd

2020 was tied for the warmest year on record.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/2020 ... ysis-shows
Jay_x
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 17:31

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 18 Feb 2021, 18:53

THESE are the global temperatures over time. That tiny upward spike they show on a carefully choosen 1000 year graph is meaningless in the scheme of things.

And are the IPCCs OWN DATA.

Look back a little further than the IPCCs 1000 year cherry picked graph...

The planet is cooling. Overall trend = cooling. Short term spikes that the IPCC are talking about (and the warming you see in your lifetime) are just up/down short term noise/spikes. See graphs.

65_Myr_Climate_Change.png
Cooling



And CO2 has never been so low!

co2-graph.jpg
CO2 over history
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 18 Feb 2021, 18:54

And CO2 has ALWAYS risen when things warm up. LONG before man.
Attachments
co2-temp-willis_thumb.jpg
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 18 Feb 2021, 18:57

That minute bit they want to show you, that tiny bit that is the scary temp rise graph, only looks significant if you carefully select the last 0.000001 percent of temparatures in recent known history. The bigger picture shows that its both irrelivant, and bigger spikes and changes have always happened. And that its a lot of fuss over nothing. And that long term trend is downwards. If you do not carefully select that last 1k years. Then the whole scary effect vanishes. Try 2k years. Then the so called hocky stick graph doesent look significant any longer. Because it isnt!

Did you look at this? I welcome your comments.
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/warming.pdf
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 18 Feb 2021, 19:17

This is the cherry picked bit of the graph that they show you. Always.

Image2.jpg
CHERRY PICKED PORTION REPRESENTING 1000 YEARS


Why? Because if they showed 2k years, or 3k years or up to 10K years which is still nothing, in the 4.5 BILLIONS of years of the planets history, it then looks rediculous.

Heres just 10K years. It already looks like nothing any different. They dont show this graph do they! Have a guess why... Because it shows the cooling trend, and that spikes up and down happen without man and always have.
Attachments
10k years.jpg
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 11:40

Why is it that every time a warmist appears and makes any sort of claims, they dont have any logical answer to the facts. They dont ever reply to the evidence of the contrary such as I bothered to post above? And even after they see this data, they will continue to make all the same IPCC scaremongering and bankrupting simplistic claims all over again?

Why has jay_x not replied here for example? All I ask is that he explains what he sees.

The IPCCs cherry picked 1000 years is like the following.
You pick a random handful of strawberries from a huge truck load. And then you decide that of your handful 3 of them are larger than the others. And totally ignoring the truck full behind you... Because that is what they are doing. Only its worse. Because they full well KNOW that if they choose say 3000 years, or 5000 years or more then they have nothing out of the ordinary. Its only significant if you take a rediculously small sample from this planets 4.5 BILLION years. Its equivelent to running a clock for a year, and taking all your samples in the last 1 second.

And this is quite apart from the other arguments about if its caused by us, or how much of it is.And if its actually a bad thing. Or if it could even BE changed! I welcome your comments. Although I have low confidence that you will give any reasoned reply. Even activists that bang on my door for the green party just run away.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby ex-Gooserider » 23 Feb 2021, 03:58

There was a comic strip "Calvin & Hobbs" (not sure if it still exists?) that was sort of a "Winnie the Pooh" style adventures of a bratty kid and his pet (stuffed? imaginary?) tiger.... They had a long sequence of snowmen at one point that had a variety of dire things supposedly done to them... (i.e. a dismembered snow man behind dad's car like it had just been run over....)

Not obscene, but fun....

In terms of the warming, etc... It is somewhat old, but there is a wonderful Michael Chrichton novel "The Sum of All Fears" that really poked hard at the 'sky is falling' folks and the way they manipulated and cherry picked their data.... While the dialog and plot action was fiction, the book was full of charts and graphs that were described by the author as accurate and with LOTS of data citations (IIRC the bibliography and citations section was about 40 pages...) Still a good read.

One of the things that has been pointed out is that most of the grants and other research money out there is coming from sources with political or other agendas, and that researchers who want to make a living at doing research are best served by publishing research that fits the funders objectives... I see constant instances of this w/ 'studies' on firearm safety being analyzed by the NRA to show how the study authors 'cooked the books' to get the results they were after... (There was one study that identified the Boston Marathon BOMBERS as 'victims of gun violence' after they were shot by the police while attempting to evade arrest... :eh: )

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
User avatar
ex-Gooserider
 
Posts: 5541
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 06:17
Location: Billerica, MA. USA

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Feb 2021, 08:56

But... The graphs I posted, and all the info, is taken from the exact same IPCC warmists data. The only difference is that instead of showing a carefully cherry picked minute short term 1000 year section that "appears" to show warming is a huge issue. I simply posted a the complete sequence.

Every time I do this, the warmists go silent. They never respond. Because it does not fit their narrative. Because instead of looking "serious" or even significant, it shows it in context. I am not presenting data to "fit my narrative" at all. Just posting the rest of their very own data. And then it shows that its far from scary and in fact cooling long term, and not unusual at all.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Feb 2021, 09:03

Dan wrote:According to Nasa, Noaa and the UK Met Office, 2019 was the second warmest in a record dating back to 1850.
The past five years were the hottest in the 170-year series, with the average of each one more than 1C warmer than pre-industrial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51111176


Again, those figures ignore the heat island affect. And so are massaged to look sgnificant. And importantly as per usual only show a cherry picked bit at the very end of the real longer term temp and C02 record.

Lets just go back a TINY bit further. And then your scary temp rise graph looks rediculous.

10k years.jpg


Or a little further.

65_Myr_Climate_Change.png


So the industrial revolution appears insignificant in the scheme of things. Hardly a major change is it?
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Snowman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Feb 2021, 09:21

And of course you have yet to explain why a real .5 degree warmer, be it natural, man made, or otherwise mix, is a bad thing? Like everything it may have good and bad effects. And theres at least equal arguments (ignored by warmists) for each. And what about the fact that its way cheaper to deal with any real consequences such as planning permission to build in lower areas over the next few hundered years as coastlines (continue) to change. Than to attempt to change the planet and bankrupt ourselves in the short term. The time to go renewable is when it is possible. Its not right now. And when its the sensible option economically. If you believe that it has a significant effect on the warming we see today. And that isnt a very firm scientific fact. I agree that there may be "some" warming due to man. I disagree that its significant, or anywhere near the level the IPCC are claiming. Even some of their own scientists claim that their models are running "significantly hot". I suggest its 90% religous green bullshit, and 10% reality. And not a bad thing regardless.

I might also suggest that peak warm "records" are meaningless. 5 years? 5 years is literlally 0.0000000001 percent of history. The length of time a camera flash takes compared to a week. Think about this. Every 4 years the olympic athletes manage to break the world records fow many events. The worlds fastest mile has dropped year on year and always will. Humans have not evolved to be faster.

You can toss a coin or a dice and record strings of sixes or heads, and the length of the strings will increase breaking the previous records the longer you keep going. Year on year. Does it mean that its becoming more likely to get strings of heads or sixes? Of course not! So temperature "records" dont prove anything. Only long term averages matter. The IPCC dont like showing those!
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54369
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom


Return to Everything Powerchair

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Diesalweasel, DirtinLa, expresso, Google [Bot], Heygnow, LearnerDriver, wes4dbt, woodygb and 58 guests

 

  eXTReMe Tracker