Quickie Q500H

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Quickie Q500H

Postby Fusiongoat » 22 Jul 2023, 06:40

daveonwheels wrote:my supplier refuses to pRovide those chairs

I got a Sunrise chair from Numotion. They also sell Bounders. It's true they prefer not to, but you can just switch ATPs until one agrees... Also, you tend to make categorical statements that are inaccurate... :?
Fusiongoat

Postby daveonwheels » 22 Jul 2023, 07:41

my numotion office categorically does not provide those chairs. thats quite accurate,sorry
daveonwheels

Postby nld3 » 10 Sep 2023, 06:09

I was just at the Abilities Expo in Phoenix Arizona today and the Rep there from Sunrise confirmed that the chair has been discontinued. :cussing
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 10 Sep 2023, 09:35

Maybe in the US it has. Dont think so here. Same as the rear drive one. And thats true across many brands for a decade or more. Strange market that I dont understand in the US/Canada.

US Discontinued
Q500 https://www.sunrisemedical.com/power-wh ... ive/q500-h

EU No problem...
Q500H https://www.sunrisemedical.eu/powered-w ... -sedeo-pro

Same as the rear drives. NON available in the US. Even though sunrise make/sell all these:
EU/UK No problem...
We have Rear drive Q100, Q200, and:
Q300R MINI for teens, kids and smaller adults or ballerinas
https://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/powere ... 300-r-mini

Q300R for normal people
https://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/powere ... kie-q300-r

Q500R
https://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/q500r

Q700R
https://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/powere ... -sedeo-pro

None of these are sold in the US. Why? Nobody seems to know.
Same as my previous rear drive salsa chair also by sunrise. https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... 00#p122818
You also never saw the sunrise made Groove rear drive powerchairs for a decade or so. Or the previous F55 chairs. Yet sunrise medical is a US based company I think. My chairs were built by the sunrise factory in germany.

Why non of this is sold in the US?? Beats me! MUST be something to do with the screwy way your insurance/health care system works. No free market. So no choice...

You never saw many other companies like invacare/otto bock, and other hybrid or rear drive either etc. With whole lines of more modern chairs going back 3 generations were never available or even known about in the US. Such as my Storm 4 explore here:
Attachments
810_1799.JPG
810_1786-smaller.JPG
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nld3 » 26 Mar 2024, 23:15

I'm going to demo the new Storm chair tomorrow.
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 27 Mar 2024, 00:24

With centre power footrest (which allows the seat to be relocated by 3 inches rearwards) it should be good. Except for the one thing that would absolutely prevent me wanting one. Stupid LiNX control system. Best of luck with that. If you care. If not then go for it! But you will never make it steer properly. Not a problem if you never experienced anything different. But its like most things. Once you know about something better you cant go back!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nld3 » 27 Mar 2024, 18:44

Well I have a feeling it's going to come down too Quantum R-Trak versus the Invacare Storm. Even though I'm going to demo a Quickie I don't think the seat the floor height will be low enough with the seating options I need. I do remember when I demoed a Storm about 2 or 3 years ago. I did not like the way the joystick responded at all But I figured it just needed to be tweaked.
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 27 Mar 2024, 21:55

They ALL need much more than "tweaking". At least if you want to have a good chair with accurate easy intuitive linear control that just goes where you intended without having to think about it. And that requires OEM access in 99% of cases. You will not get that with Prides Q-Logic 3 or with LiNX as they are firmly locked away from the chair techs and especially from us. The very ones that need and understand it.

But it is still possible with R-Net. So far... Thats why I bought 3 spare complete systems that I can retro fit to any chair in the future if needed. That will see me out.

But as usual this all makes it extremely hard to decide on a chair and it shouldnt have to be this way.

I would take either of those chairs. Configure it corectly and they are then pretty much identical from a user point of view. And swap ot the LiNX or Q-Logic for R-Net... That isnt a thing that many people would do. But I am not normal and I know what works. Your mileage may vary!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nld3 » 27 Mar 2024, 22:34

To follow up, the the Invacare demo went better than I thought today and the sales rep said I don't have to use a Linux joystick I can use this one instead.
Attachments
rem211 jo.jpg
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 28 Mar 2024, 01:23

That IS LiNX just a cheaper nastier joystick. Same programability issues.

Linx is like R-Net. It is a dynamics manufactured system. With several joysticks and many components.

If you dont care how nicely it steers, and so dont intend to properly reprogram it then this doesent matter. But R-net is the only current system remaining that allows us to have OEM level access to change a few important parameters. That includes the chair techs that think they can program your chair. If you do, then you should buy a chair with R-Net and preferably a 120A power module. And a programmer.

If you dont, and are happy to be one of the vast majority, maybe 99% of normal users that do not know any different then it doesent matter!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 02 Apr 2024, 00:52

nld3 wrote:To follow up, the the Invacare demo went better than I thought today and the sales rep said I don't have to use a Linux joystick I can use this one instead.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "Linux Joystick"! (except possibly a home-brew setup such as Lenny's) GNU/Linux is a computer operating system.. LINX is Invacare's current version of control system for power chairs - totally different! The joystick you showed is just a different pod but is still Linx, as it says in the description...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby nld3 » 07 Apr 2024, 01:19

I probably heard him incorrectly that's the only way I can figure that out. That Linux is an operating system.
nld3

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair