flooring what lasts?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: flooring what lasts?

Postby martin007 » 16 Apr 2023, 20:46

I estimate that the phone is approximately 20 years old.
It doesn't have a camera.
The phone is new.
One detail to keep in mind is that the casing is metallic... :ak47 :ak47 :ak47 :ak47 :ak47 :ak47
On one occasion an acquaintance wanted to buy it for me.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 17 Apr 2023, 11:56

Do you have a "smart" phone?
I do. Its been in a draw for 8 years somewhere!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 17 Apr 2023, 20:58

Burgerman wrote:Do you have a "smart" phone?
I do. Its been in a draw for 8 years somewhere!

Yes.
A gift from the telephone company...
I only use it to call.
martin007

Postby duke1 » 17 Apr 2023, 21:56

hi all well today i finished the carpet tiles in the hallway replacing shite lino it looks good and is def more comfortable and should myself or my tina have a fall it gives a little more padding than thin lino on concrete,the original skirting board is so damaged by previous tenant its full of wood filler and silicon sealer so rather than try and fix it i ended up ripping the lot out and fitting new,trying to do it right and once.
i shall get some decent pics up tomorrow when i finish,cheers all. :joint
duke1

Postby Burgerman » 18 Apr 2023, 00:23

New potato?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 18 Apr 2023, 01:15

duke1 wrote:
Burgerman wrote:You still have that potato.

youve lost me,what potato?
well tina is happy with the commercial carpet tiles having driven the chair round on it and the dogs approve so instead of new lino the hallway is getting the same,ive done half of it with the extras from the frontroom and monday some more should come and i can finish it,even going to get one of those robot hoover things as they claim it deals well with short pile carpet and if it doesnt deal well it will get returned at there cost and a full refund given.
got to save up the pennies again first though! i shall get some decent pic when its finished on bros posh camera,peace all :joint

A minor caution - Many folks have found that Roomba's and similar cleaning bots are problematic w/ pets... Especially the ones that have spinning 'whiskers' as part of their mechanism... If the pet has an 'accident' (which happens even w/ well trained ones) and the bot gets to it first, the bot will attempt to clean it up, and instead redistribute the material over a WIDE area....

I'm told there are videos on You-tube of folks that had their entire house done over with a thing layer of dog dropping by their Roomba, :oops:

On the potato question - I PREFER older, low-res snapshot cameras - they don't do all the fancy stuff, but for 'record of progress' shots when I'm working on things they do a reasonable job w/o needing any fiddling, and the photos don't chew up a lot of memory / disk space... They also often need little or no editing to get them down to a size that can be posted online...

ex-Gooserider

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 18 Apr 2023, 02:21

Some do a reasonable job.

But focus, noise, colours, contrast and dynamic range must be reasonable even at low resolution too.
And talking of resolution theres a lot of people now using 4K displays. Including me. So anything under 3840 x 2160 pixels (an 8.3MP image) looks like a postage stamp on the screen. In some cases that even includes laptops. Including one of mine. As well as my PC monitor which is 55 inch and 4K. The laptop is worse here because a 1920 x 1080 pixel image is only 1/4 of the screen. So I end up having to upscale the image to see what it is showing.

And the future is worse. Theres quite a few 8K screens shipping now. So even a 4K image such as I included below for fun (reduced down from a 45MP 50MB image) will be just a 1/4 of the screen at 100 percent or 1 to 1 view. I have been looking at them myself. Why? To edit and produce a decent quality 4K movie you film in 8K then after editing, and dealing with shake, colours etc you resize it down to 4K in the final output. 8K screens will become common sooner rather than later. Then all the old images such as on this forum will look rediculously small.

Shrunk to just 4K size:
Attachments
Z72_0009_DxO.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby duke1 » 19 Apr 2023, 21:47

just a couple of quick potato pics,my shake is fecking horrid and so are some of the pics but they are best i can do and show the now finished frontroom and hallway both done using the anthracite colour commercial tiles over concrete floor first sealed with pva and fastened with contact adhesive,i reckon it will take my poor single working hand a long time to recover,god it hurts now :fencing a well deserved :joint drunk2 cheers
drobes 19 4 23 004.JPG
drobes 19 4 23 005.JPG
drobes 19 4 23 006.JPG
cheers :joint
duke1

Postby martin007 » 19 Apr 2023, 22:48

Congratulations.
You will have used liters of contact adhesive...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 21 Apr 2023, 13:56

Dont think he used any. So just painted floor with diluted PVA glue as a "sealer" first. Not sure if thats good enough to ensure they stay down properly or not. Time will tell. Also I used darker tiles. Because black tyres...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 21 Apr 2023, 14:03

Darker the carpet tiles, the fewer the visible tyre marks from black tyres.
Attachments
810_2464-1600JPG.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 21 Apr 2023, 16:56

A more question, duke1.
When you have had to cut a piece with what tool have you done it?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 21 Apr 2023, 17:49

A stanley knife, also called a box cutter. Normally.
Attachments
STA210099.JPG
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby duke1 » 21 Apr 2023, 21:23

Burgerman wrote:Dont think he used any. So just painted floor with diluted PVA glue as a "sealer" first. Not sure if thats good enough to ensure they stay down properly or not. Time will tell. Also I used darker tiles. Because black tyres...

no nonsense adhesive spray and its designed to hold till you add heat at which point it releases fairly easy in order to change tiles later,i did test and try pulling one up and without heat you have no chance!its quite dark maybe pics do not show that well though.
decided to do the bedroom with the same tiles and make it match all the way through then.
but my poorly hand is still hurting as well as my savings account so that can wait a little while,i did my homework before i started hence my post on the subject,cheers :joint
duke1

Postby Burgerman » 21 Apr 2023, 22:13

decided to do the bedroom with the same tiles and make it match all the way through then.

I did 2 ground floor bedrooms, hallway, living room in one go. That left black ceramic tiles in the bathroom and grey ones in the kitchen. Whole ground floor is now either dark grey / black carpet tiles or black grey ceramic. Should last me out. I have a few boxes of spare carpet tiles. So far I changed 3 in 5 years from stains (paint and a bottle of BBQ sauce...) and burns in my workshop room. Non from normal wear. The ones in front of my PC were not glued, oher than the adhesive on the back. Some edges started to come up. So I took them up, used impact/contact adhesive on the smooth concrete floor. And got high. They never moved since. So the rest of the house was done that way. Not carpet glue. This stuff. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evo-Stik-528-C ... P03JC&th=1

Mine didnt say low odour though! :joint
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair