How to Program Mini Crosser X1 (S200 Controller)

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

How to Program Mini Crosser X1 (S200 Controller)

Postby petteri » 11 Mar 2023, 20:32

Hey there you fine folks.

I want to preface this by thanking Burgerman for this awesome community, and I want to also give my thanks to woodygb for all the great information on programming these wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Lovely to see people come together in this way!

I'm writing from Finland. I recently got a Mini Crosser X1 (manufacturer medema group). The service manual (PDF) of the scooter can be accessed here: https://minicrosser.com/medias/2020-04/ ... _13343.pdf

My scooter is by default limited to a measly 6 km/h (3.7 mp/h), which is very slow, and hence I would like to program it to be faster.

The scooter has a S200 S-Drive controller.

So far I have found that a set like this would allow me to program it myself:

kit.png

It includes the programming cable, Serial <-> USB adapter and a PC CD-ROM that has the Mobility PC Programming software by PG Drives Technology.

Problem is that this set costs over $500, which seems extraordinarily expensive to be able to set the speed to 100% in the PC software.

A couple of things...

I kept looking for the PC software EVERYWHERE, it took me hours of research before I stumbled upon this community. Apparently there's a way you guys may be able to help me get the software?

The technical manual for the Mini Crosser X1 says that there's a separate OEM and Dealer version of the programming set and that the Dealer version is restricted. I'm not sure if you guys have access to the OEM or Dealer version - or if both of them can change the speed parameters.

Secondly, the cable... Have I understood correctly that it's possible to build your own cable and save a bunch of money doing so? When it comes to technical stuff like this, I'm not able. I don't even dare to build my own cable. I wonder if someone could help me here by building me a cable and sending it to me - I would gladly pay for the time, effort, parts and shipping.

I'm pretty sure the max speed parameter is very much limited in my scooter, because some versions of this exact same scooter can go up to 15 km/h (9.3 mp/h), so I would like to change the speed percentage to 100%. And I'm a responsible and careful driver, so there's no risk doing so.

I appreciate all the help any of you can get, and I wish you bright spring days ahead!
petteri

Re: How to Program Mini Crosser X1 (S200 Controller)

Postby woodygb » 11 Mar 2023, 20:45

I could build you a cable and software is available.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Re: How to Program Mini Crosser X1 (S200 Controller)

Postby petteri » 11 Mar 2023, 22:20

woodygb wrote:I could build you a cable and software is available.

COOL! I will PM you cheers
petteri

Return to Everything Powerchair