wheel traction suggestions / ideas

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

wheel traction suggestions / ideas

Postby dannod » 31 Mar 2023, 01:53

Hello guys, I had an incident flying yesterday that left my big right wheel on my midwheel quickie q700m enough off the ground to not get 100% traction with the ground. I had to return home because I could only drive in circles!

My uncle was able to help me kinda get things back into place by standing on the back of the chair, but it still isn't getting the traction like it should.

So I am looking for some ideas of something that might work to stick to the wheels or spray on that might help get me thru this trip when I try again on the weekend?

Also -- pro- tip -- Do not fly a 717 aircraft bc they will put your chair on its side!

Cheers
dannod

Re: wheel traction suggestions / ideas

Postby Burgerman » 31 Mar 2023, 08:40

Non of that will help. You have a mechanical problem that you will need to fix. Find a motorcycle workshop or decent mobility dealer.

Also -- pro- tip -- Do not fly a 717 aircraft bc they will put your chair on its side!

I would say just dont fly. I wonder if anyone with a heavy rehab chair ever flew without damage?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 31 Mar 2023, 18:18

Maybe the motor is damaged.
martin007

Postby dannod » 31 Mar 2023, 20:11

Thx for the replies. I've flown quite a bit with this chair and no issues. Definitely some incidents with my old Quickie 646 but still probably like 5 in 150 flights. The bigger planes are ok if they load upright.

I've added some rubber adhesive tape to the wheel and it's catching well enough to travel. Bringing extra along. Cheers!
dannod

Postby Burgerman » 31 Mar 2023, 20:16

You need to find out what is damaged regardless even if you dont fix it. For reasons of further damage, safety, it collapsing as you cross a road etc. I also doubt that the tape will help much as the world isnt flat.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair