Mini Crosser X1 vs X1 HD Max Speed

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Mini Crosser X1 vs X1 HD Max Speed

Postby petteri » 21 Apr 2023, 23:08

Hey there.

Mini Crosser X1, according to the specs, has a max speed of 15km/h. Mini Crosser X1 HD, the heavy duty version, has a max speed of 10km/h.

When the HD version's max speed is set to 100% via the Mobility Programmer, it truly is 10km/h.

What have they done differently here, how can the HD version be physically limited to 10km/h, even when set to 100% speed in the Mobility Programmer?

Is there anything to be done to increase its speed to 15km/h, like the normal non-HD version?

I suppose there's some hardware difference and it's not going to be feasible or realistic or cheap to increase the speed to 15km/h of the HD version.

Thanks for any thoughts!

(PS. I'm not a heavy duty user but I still have this version, unfortunately.)
petteri

Re: Mini Crosser X1 vs X1 HD Max Speed

Postby Burgerman » 22 Apr 2023, 01:05

What have they done differently here, how can the HD version be physically limited to 10km/h, even when set to 100% speed in the Mobility Programmer?

Gearing.
Shorter or slower speed gearing means less current/amps at all conditions, and speeds. And so more range too. And much more torque for carrying more weight or climbing etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair