Error REM550 TDX SP

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Error REM550 TDX SP

Postby FJC10 » 28 May 2023, 22:27

Hello everybody!

Today I connected the lifepo4 battery to my TDX SP and when I turn on the remote no image appears on the screen. It only flashes red that light that you see in the video, what can this be due to? The battery gives me 26,6 volts, so it can't be low battery. In the manual of the Invacare REM 550 remote control there is no mention of that red blinking light, what does that light indicate?

Link video: https://streamable.com/z0g7so

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
FJC10

Re: Error REM550 TDX SP

Postby Burgerman » 29 May 2023, 07:51

Anything from 22 to 32V doesent give any error but might give a high or low battery warning on screen, so its not related to battery. But no idea what it is.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 29 May 2023, 08:51

what does that light indicate?
I am guessing that it might be a visual for the R.H. turn indicator.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby FJC10 » 29 May 2023, 11:23

Burgerman wrote:Anything from 22 to 32V doesent give any error but might give a high or low battery warning on screen, so its not related to battery. But no idea what it is.

Well, I don't know what to do. It unbelievable that the manual for the remote control does not say what that flashing red light means.

woodygb wrote:
what does that light indicate?
I am guessing that it might be a visual for the R.H. turn indicator.

What is the R.H. turn indicator and how can I repair it?
FJC10

Postby woodygb » 29 May 2023, 12:06

Sorry ...NO idea what the problem is or how to repair it..

What is the R.H. turn indicator

Turn signal lights ( indicators )

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/sco ... -of-2.html
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 29 May 2023, 13:13

Have you swapped a module?
I suspect if not then its a faulty module. Or a bad bus cable or connection on one. Or corrupt settings in one of the modules.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FJC10 » 29 May 2023, 17:50

woodygb wrote:Sorry ...NO idea what the problem is or how to repair it..

What is the R.H. turn indicator

Turn signal lights ( indicators )

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/sco ... -of-2.html

No, I don't have turn signals on my chair.
FJC10

Postby FJC10 » 29 May 2023, 17:50

Burgerman wrote:Have you swapped a module?
I suspect if not then its a faulty module. Or a bad bus cable or connection on one. Or corrupt settings in one of the modules.

No, I have not changed any modules. Maybe it could be some bad cable connection, when I put the battery in, it fits very tightly into the hole, maybe if I pulled the battery cable too much it disconnected a little further back in the chair. I also added a battery cable extension, because it was the only way to be able to connect that battery in that small hole, but I do not think that adding 50 cm of battery cable will affect anything to its operation, it is a cable with a large section AWG 4 or 3, copper, even somewhat thicker than the one that came with the chair. Y 4 conectores anderson.

When connecting the anderson connector maybe my brother did it several times and not connecting first the negative and then the positive as indicated in the manual

It is impossible to connect one cable before another with an anderson connector. could this have affected any component? I don't think so, but I don't know...

Btw, is there any reset button on the chair? Maybe because of those bad connections is the startup wrong and needs a reset.
FJC10

Postby Burgerman » 29 May 2023, 19:49

Is it possible he connected the battery up as a 12V system?
I mean did it work before?

Non of the things you mention would cause any issues. And no it makes no different which pos or neg you connect first.

Unless he connected the battery backwards, at some point then it could/would damage something in a serious way...

So is this out of the blue? Ir is this now when you connect up a battey for the first time?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Pierro » 30 May 2023, 18:53

A photo of the battery wiring might be helpful.
My dream: drive a self-made power chair with a lot of power and high speed. For infinite range.
Pierro

Postby woodygb » 30 May 2023, 22:00

Checking the voltage at the joysticks 3 pin charging port will tell us if the battery is connected as 12v.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby FJC10 » 01 Jun 2023, 23:21

Burgerman wrote:Is it possible he connected the battery up as a 12V system?
I mean did it work before?

Non of the things you mention would cause any issues. And no it makes no different which pos or neg you connect first.

Unless he connected the battery backwards, at some point then it could/would damage something in a serious way...

So is this out of the blue? Ir is this now when you connect up a battey for the first time?

Yes, it worked before, I connected 8 cells LifePo4 Headway 12ah and the chair started perfectly and even moved, but obviously if you did not demand speed or weight, to move it at low speed it worked perfectly. But right now I don't have that battery mounted and I don't have the right cable to connect it to the chair, I would have to mount again the 8 cells and make a cable... and I don't think it would do much good, because the 108ah 72 cells headway battery that I have made brings 26,6v, measured in the charging cable of the battery and in the charging connector of the chair controller.
FJC10

Postby FJC10 » 01 Jun 2023, 23:22

woodygb wrote:

Checking the voltage at the joysticks 3 pin charging port will tell us if the battery is connected as 12v.

26,60v, same as on the battery lifepo4 charging cable
FJC10

Postby FJC10 » 01 Jun 2023, 23:23

Pierro wrote:A photo of the battery wiring might be helpful.

Tomorrow I will upload photos, but you will see not much, because everything is covered, I will look for photos of before covering everything
FJC10

Postby FJC10 » 02 Jun 2023, 16:16

Pierro wrote:A photo of the battery wiring might be helpful.

uote="Pierro"]A photo of the battery wiring might be helpful.[/quote]

Link to video error red light flashing: https://streamable.com/9huvkh

12v battery set connection by cable + fuse:

Detail of balancing wires:

Charging and balancing wire + chair connection wire with anderson connector:

Positive and negative connected to wire and insulated:

Battery box in the chair and detail of extension wire with anderson connectors:

Battery inside wheelchair, connected wire to extensión anderson wheelchair, balancing and charging wires:

I don't think the battery has anything wrong with it that would affect the chair, it gives 26.6v at both the chair's control controller and the charging cable and the BatteryGO also indicates acceptable numbers.

BatteryGO:

I don't know what to do... Maybe contact Invacare and see if they can tell me what that red light flashing corresponds to...
FJC10

Postby LROBBINS » 02 Jun 2023, 17:41

Have you checked the bus cables and their connectors? To me that seems more likely than a battery cable problem.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 02 Jun 2023, 17:51

I agree.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 02 Jun 2023, 17:51

I agree.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FJC10 » 02 Jun 2023, 23:23

LROBBINS wrote:Have you checked the bus cables and their connectors? To me that seems more likely than a battery cable problem.

Burgerman wrote:Have you swapped a module?

No, I have not touched anything in the modules or added or removed anything. I don't even know where it is done. But reading in service manual, I see that all that is in the rear part:

I will try tomorrow open that part and check everything there.... For all these things I need help and that's why it takes me so long sometimes to do things, because those who can help me in these things are not every day available for help me.

From the battery I don't think it is, I would say it is impossible. It is very well assembled, with the cables all separated and secured by polycarbonate, well soldered and delivers 26,6v. Charging/discharging and balancing without problems with the PL8....
FJC10

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jun 2023, 00:48

Something has failed with a module probably. The reason I have 3 complete spare sets of R-Net systems, seating, power and joystick modules, cables etc, is because I have several R-Net chairs.

If something like this happens I can just swap cables, swap modules, one at a time until it works. So I know what part is bad. So obviously now nothing will ever go wrong! :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 03 Jun 2023, 06:47

Another possibility is that a "lock" was inadvertently enabled. Some controllers, by moving joystick and/or buttons in a particular way, can lock the system (mostly to protect from curious little fingers). Some have magnetic keys. If you have a manual for your controller do take a look for that.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jun 2023, 10:42

I think that you would get a locked screen, not blank though.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FJC10 » 07 Jun 2023, 14:47

LROBBINS wrote:Another possibility is that a "lock" was inadvertently enabled. Some controllers, by moving joystick and/or buttons in a particular way, can lock the system (mostly to protect from curious little fingers). Some have magnetic keys. If you have a manual for your controller do take a look for that.

Burgerman wrote:I think that you would get a locked screen, not blank though.

A very strange thing happened. Reading the manual, I saw the locking thing that LROBBINS mentioned, and I went to the chair and pressed the keys indicated to unlock and.... the screen turned on! But it gave error 5, which corresponds to the clutch of the motors and as I had them unclutched, I thought that everything was ok, and I did not try to engage and see if it worked... and I turned off the chair. Today that I had help I clutched the motors and tried to turn it on again and again blocked, screen black + red light, I pressed the key combination to unlock, and it did not work. I tried several times and finally the screen turned on again, but now it gave another error, error 1, which according to the manual corresponds to a "defective module" and recommends me to disconnect the batteries and call the technical service...

What can I do with these new symptoms, open the back and disconnect/connect everything? What module do you think may be failing? The seat has electronic backrest adjustment and seat height up/down 30 cm, no intermittent lights or anything special like
FJC10

Postby Burgerman » 07 Jun 2023, 22:34

which corresponds to the clutch of the motors and as I had them unclutched,

Theres no clutch. Theres a lever that on SOME chairs takes it out of drive (a gear)?

Theres are 3 modules. 4 if you have an extra one like a gyro or a attendant control.

The errors can be a MODULE (joystick, power module, seating module) or can be a BUS CABLE.

You must swap one at a time until you find the problem. Its not "locked" because that would still turn on and display a locked symbol. Its a fault.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FJC10 » 16 Jul 2023, 19:43

Burgerman wrote:
which corresponds to the clutch of the motors and as I had them unclutched,

Theres no clutch. Theres a lever that on SOME chairs takes it out of drive (a gear)?

Theres are 3 modules. 4 if you have an extra one like a gyro or a attendant control.

The errors can be a MODULE (joystick, power module, seating module) or can be a BUS CABLE.

You must swap one at a time until you find the problem. Its not "locked" because that would still turn on and display a locked symbol. Its a fault.

Well, today I got help from someone, and we disassembled the back and front, where the modules are, there is also a module at the front, where the footrests. We have been connecting, disconnecting each of them and nothing. We have not been able to get it to work without the controller showing the blinking red light and until I press the horn button, it does not turn on the screen and when it does, it always shows two error codes:

Error 2 (but only for one second) Seat not at ride height.

Error 1 Module faulty

What do I do now? We don't know what else to do.

Error 2, only appears when switched on and then changes to error 1. Maybe it is a faulty sensor that indicates the seat height incorrectly? Is there a sensor that indicates the seat height? Apparently the seat is all the way down.

If I knew what voltage the seat actuator motor has, we maybe put it in to raise/lower it without needing the module, can we do that like this? What voltage does the lift actuator have?

FJC10

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jul 2023, 22:38

Put the lot on the bench and test every cable or odule one at a time until you figure out whats broke.

You should only need a joystick, a power module to test the basics with 1 bus cable.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jul 2023, 22:38

Put the lot on the bench and test every cable or odule one at a time until you figure out whats broke.

You should only need a joystick, a power module to test the basics with 1 bus cable.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FJC10 » 17 Jul 2023, 01:09

Burgerman wrote:Put the lot on the bench and test every cable or odule one at a time until you figure out whats broke.

Ok, I will try to find the error by disassembling everything and testing with tester on the bench.

And, where can I buy a complete spare sets of R-Net systems, seating, power and joystick modules, bus cables, etc?
FJC10

Postby daveonwheels » 17 Jul 2023, 01:16

ebay usually
daveonwheels

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jul 2023, 03:15

https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... f=2&t=8857

Read carefully!
I bought new, or stripped from new chairs, or factory pgdt refurb brown box, THREE complete sets of R-Net top of range 120A, CJSM2 joysticks, 6 channel seating/lighting modules, looms, bus cables, and a few spare odments too. Enough for 3 complete rehab full house powerchairs for under 1k.
Attachments
120A.jpg
Power modules, 120A
all-small.jpg
All sorts! More in box. All as new. Or actually new.
battery loom 150A.jpg
150A fuse/looms for battery...
cjsm2.jpg
CJSM2 factory refurbs which are really new as far as I can tell. Theres a 3rd one in the box...
programmer.jpg
programmer and a IOM unit for RC!
rehab-complete.jpg
ONE complete set for a full house rehab chair. Complicated it is not!
rnet7.jpg
3x 120A power modules all preprogrammed as spares to make them plug and play for my chairs.
seating.jpg
These are ISM6 6 channel or 6 actuators for lighting/seating.
25DD127C-960E-45C8-9F73-5FA0BC0E9A55.jpg
And 2 sets of spare motors just in case!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Everything Powerchair