How can I reprogram a button on the CJSM2?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

How can I reprogram a button on the CJSM2?

Postby q700m » 19 Aug 2023, 16:15

How can I reprogram a CJSM2 button and have more functions on the same button?
q700m

Re: How can I reprogram a button on the CJSM2?

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2023, 16:38

You can have 2 functions for each button. How many do you have now? Can be 0, 1, or 2...

You can also swap functions on the profile and other buttons and paddles. And choose a time for a long press for a 2nd function.

I use this for e.g to disable the indicators and the hazard lights. Those get pressed and are a pain to turn off. And use the buttons for trip distance reset, and other functions. You could use the LIGHTS button to lower the seat lift with a long press (2 seconds) for e.g. I think. I never tried that! But it appears possible. So no menu needed.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 19 Aug 2023, 19:19

Burgerman wrote:You can have 2 functions for each button. How many do you have now? Can be 0, 1, or 2...

You can also swap functions on the profile and other buttons and paddles. And choose a time for a long press for a 2nd function.

I use this for e.g to disable the indicators and the hazard lights. Those get pressed and are a pain to turn off. And use the buttons for trip distance reset, and other functions. You could use the LIGHTS button to lower the seat lift with a long press (2 seconds) for e.g. I think. I never tried that! But it appears possible. So no menu needed.

can you give me an example with the programme menus?
thank you very much
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 19 Aug 2023, 19:41

OK.
Below, I just set the HAZARDS button which I never use and dont want to do the following:

SHORT PRESS = enter Programming.
2 SECOND PRESS (or longer) = reset the distance or trip meter to 000.

Its dead simple... See yellow. Untested as I am in bed...
Softkeys allow more extensive control by say limiting the function to certain modes or profiles. Dont bother as hat just gets hard to remember. Unless you need that. Say for e.g you want the hazard button to control the speed setting, only in drive mode on profile 3...
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 19 Aug 2023, 23:14

the left and right flag buttons can be and reprogrammed, how?
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2023, 00:55

Those are always ON/OFF and SPEED.

They are called PADDLE switches.
The speed one can be speeded up, latched. have any percentage from 1 to 80% steps, andIn addition they so on. And more.

You can program the HAZARDS, LEFT & RIGHT INDICATOR BUTTONS, LIGHTS, PROFILE, MODE, HORN, and thats 7 different buttons. Since these can be dual programmed, then they can control 14 functions that you can choose. Isnt that adequate? The only one that cannot are quite sensibly the PADDLE on/off. They are intuitive, work the same on every chair for basic control.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 20 Aug 2023, 01:09

on the profile mode paddle, can I only have profiles 1 to 5 and 5 to 1?
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2023, 01:14

Profile is the PROFILE BUTTON. Its in the centre?

The SPEED PADDLE is on the right. (Speed up, speed down). Now you CAN program that to do other things, but you need that to change speed as you drive?
The profile button shouldnt really be needed as you drive. But the SPEED PADDLE is.

The profile button will display whatever you tell it. You can choose in the menu. It can only show profiles you have ENABLED and as many as you want. You can program that to be momentary and scroll through all profiles, or a long pres to choose a selected profile. Or program it to do something competely different.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 20 Aug 2023, 16:42

I want to change the profiles while driving from 1 to 5 and from 5 to 1 without entering other menus with the left paddle I will only use the mode button can I do this, how?
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2023, 17:10

No.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby daveonwheels » 20 Aug 2023, 17:41

but BM,he doesnt like it when you say 'no'. there will be more questions
daveonwheels

Postby q700m » 20 Aug 2023, 17:41

Burgerman wrote:Profile is the PROFILE BUTTON. Its in the centre?

The SPEED PADDLE is on the right. (Speed up, speed down). Now you CAN program that to do other things, but you need that to change speed as you drive?
The profile button shouldnt really be needed as you drive. But the SPEED PADDLE is.

The profile button will display whatever you tell it. You can choose in the menu. It can only show profiles you have ENABLED and as many as you want. You can program that to be momentary and scroll through all profiles, or a long pres to choose a selected profile. Or program it to do something competely different.

home can I make them do and how?
is there something in the programme menu where i can change something in the left paddle?
you have great knowledge about R-net :clap :thumbup:
thank you for your patience
q700m

Postby daveonwheels » 20 Aug 2023, 17:42

Burgerman wrote:No.
daveonwheels

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2023, 17:47

No matter how many times you ask the same question its still NO. Its an ON/OFF switch! If it did other stuff instead how will you turn it on? Or off? So no.

Its an ON/OFF switch/button. Its the only one that you cannot change. Or add extra functions. So no.

QUESTION. Which you wont answer. WHY do you want it to change profiles?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 20 Aug 2023, 18:07

Burgerman wrote:No matter how many times you ask the same question its still NO. Its an ON/OFF switch! If it did other stuff instead how will you turn it on? Or off? So no.

Its an ON/OFF switch/button. Its the only one that you cannot change. Or add extra functions. So no.

QUESTION. Which you wont answer. WHY do you want it to change profiles?

and with the right paddle I can only increase and decrease speed or do something else as well? :?
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2023, 18:21

Not as well. But instead.

If the chair is programmed PROPERLY you only need 1 profile to drive it at any speed. So the speed paddle is by far the most important. Or it should be.

If you want to keep swapping profiles I would just love to know why?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby slomobile » 20 Aug 2023, 21:37

I don't know about the CJSM2 but my PJSM has the lower left long press programmed for P2 "backwards" profile and the lower light long press programmed for P1 "forwards" profile and the profile change on the on/off paddle is disabled so they cannot accidentally be changed by bumping the paddle. The other buttons are Android Home, Android Back, Bluetooth mouse, Settings, Headlight, Hazard.
Is that something like what you want?
The PJSM does not have a separate profile button.

Reason for that configuration is my seat is reversible. If I'm sitting backwards I select the backwards profile and pushing forward on the stick reverses so I don't have to think about it.

Edit: I just checked and pressing UP on the paddle Does change profile. I thought I was able to disable that but maybe not.
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2023, 00:32

The reason for that is the permobil version of the joystick is a cheaper cut down version of the CJSM2. Apart from smaller and darker screen (cant see in sun) it has various buttons missing.

On the real CJSM2 the left ON/OFF paddle is a momentary switch when pushed forwards that turns the chair in/off. When this is pulled backwards it displays the speed menu on screen. I never bother with that as the right side paddle selects speeds... At least with stock settings. It can do other stuff. But thats very useful as if you program this to allow speed changes while moving, and have it set to do 5 steps (20% steps) then you can do it as you roll with a spare finger very easily.

This along with one GOOD profile that spans from your perfect slower indoor profile settings to your fast outdoor settings means you only need a single profile for every eventuality. You just flip it up or doewn in stages as required. The PROFILE button (that you have missing) is not required unless you want a special profile for say RC use or BT or whatever.

This is why I keep asking him why he wants to keep swapping profiles. And he never replies! There may be a good reason. I suspect he thinks he needs it for different speeds.
Attachments
IMG_20200930_194954_4.jpg
Note screen difference, buttons missing. And different firmware and programming. And different use of on/off on a back flip.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 21 Aug 2023, 01:26

I need various profiles for different settings
speed, torque and power
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2023, 05:29

Speed you set as the max and minimum so not relevant. My 1 profile works at ALL speeds. You choose that with the speed paddle.

Now.
Torque
Power

MAY be relevant if you actually know what they do. Because once you set compensation correcly, followed by torque then that torque setting is correct for all eventualities.

+++++++++++++++

So PLEASE ANSWER!
Question.
1. What do YOU think torque changes???
2. And what do you think POWER changes???
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 21 Aug 2023, 15:27

engine torque gives power to the engine at the start and is used to climb kerbs without taking a running start. power is used to reduce impact with furniture and other things
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2023, 18:47

TORQUE does nothing at all once moving faster than a snail. It either ADDS compensation or it ADDS a small bump in pulsewidth (more power) on initial very small stick movements at super slow speed only as you BEGIN movement. From zero speed to *just* almost moving. In order to give extra "power" to initially move a caster or to start to move the chair at a very small stick movements. As soon as you are moving it does literally nothing and normal motor load compensation takes over.

To set this correctly you must FIRST set up motor load compensaton to be at its optimum. Since you lack the control to do this you must use the manufacturers figure. Or the torque setting will do literally nothing at all that is detectable.
SECOND you must then increase torque from 0 to 100 in stages, until the chair starts to turn (not turns! Just starts) in place reliably on a heavy carpet. If it jerks its too high. But you think everything is a jerk! If it needs "more stick" to begin moving, its set too low. Once you have TORQUE set correctly, it should be exactly the same IN ALL PROFILES... So no point having seperate profiles with it set wrong (unless one is for an empty chair).

POWER simply limits maximum amps allowed. Same as fitting a smaller weaker controller. You do NOT want this because it stops the chair calling on more "power" when it is required for control - for e.g you want to turn or climb a threshold, or the normal motor compensation tries to correct your path. And it is now unable to do so. It literally prevents proper control. Its actually dangerous. This should be set to maximum under all normal scenarios. In order to maintain proper response and control. Or for e.g you will try to climb onto a rug, and the chair will stop. So then you try to add more "throttle" but the Amp limit stops this from happening. So when it eventually DOES climb the edge of the rug the chair now shoots off at speed to match your joystick. So you never normally want this in any profile. Set it to maximum. In every profile.

And now of course theres literally no need for more than 1 profile.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 02 Sep 2023, 16:25

can the speed be increased and decreased with the joistych like with the speed up and speed down buttons?
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 02 Sep 2023, 16:55

Yes. Thats EXACTLY what the joystick does.

It is a proportional control.

The speed button on the right only sets the MAXIMUM speeds. Mines been set to 5 since 1997. The JOYSTICK determines how fast I travel... Want to go slow? Move it less...

Setting it to say 3 or 1 has exactly the same affect as putting a lump of wood behind the gas pedal of your car.

Yes. I know. You NEED that because of your lack of hand control. But I dont think theres a way to do that.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 02 Sep 2023, 20:03

can the joistytch also act as a speed up and speed down button ?
q700m

Postby daveonwheels » 02 Sep 2023, 20:41

no.it is a PROPORTIONAL control as has been stated ten times,that you cannot control.
daveonwheels

Postby Burgerman » 02 Sep 2023, 20:44

I know what you mean. And now for the 3rd time no. At least I cant see a way to do that.

But it already IS a speed button. Push it 1/4 of the way and go 1/4 as fast.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby q700m » 03 Sep 2023, 00:05

how to use soft keys?
q700m

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2023, 00:52

Do you have a CJSM2 if so then you just program them the same way as any other button. The difference appears to be added confusion. In that they are the same thing but can be per profile.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair