Diy Lithium battery

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Diy Lithium battery

Postby omri5 » 26 Sep 2023, 15:21

Hi, I want to build a lithium/lifepo4 battery pack without a BMS for my powerchair and I can't find a proper manual explaining how to build one step by step.
All the info and builds in the forum are hundreds of posts long and hard to follow, is there a good and clear guide or resource to explain how to build one?
Also are there manufacturers selling this kind of battery's?
omri5

Re: Diy Lithium battery

Postby Burgerman » 26 Sep 2023, 17:12

And you wont find a manual.
Its just exactly the same as all model boat/car/plane RC hobby people have been doing since around 98.

A bunch of cells connected in series is it. Just like connecing 2 or 3 batteries nose to tail in a torch/flaslight. Or connecting your 2 wheelchair batteries together in series. Theres little to understand.

The big difference is that instead of a dumb charger, and relying in a BMS to look after the battery we just use a hobby style cell balancing charger. Theres a multitude of reasons for this. But thats it in a nutshell.

As for all the details, you can ask as many quastons here as you want. Many of us here have done this for a decade or so with remarkable benefits and advantages.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair