strange joystick behaviour,emf from new net fibre box?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

strange joystick behaviour,emf from new net fibre box?

Postby duke1 » 29 Sep 2023, 18:38

hi all well an odd thing and been puzzling me,we have 5 wheelchairs and 4 of them have developed odd faults and these occur more or less in the same place ie the puma40 with dynamic dx2 the led screen went blank the rh red light flashing and chair goes into a limp mode and restricted to low speed but functioning,the mudmonster again dx2 but different joystick but this time it suddenly stops and the magnetic lock on the joystick triggers and it stops the chair and have to use the magnet key to restart js.
the other chair has pg drives vr2 and this to switches itself off,with all when you switch them off and back on they function normal.
about 3 weeks ago they came and fitted fibre optic cables and a grey metal box next to the lampost we pass several times daily for the dogwalk i think it has all the gubbins for the cable and some sort of 5g antenna on top of the lampost,could this cause the chairs to act in such a fashion? and if so what damage or danger could such cause?what happens if it affects steering or ability to stop?am i czy ?please wise ones enlighten me! :worship :joint
duke1

Re: strange joystick behaviour,emf from new net fibre box?

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2023, 18:45

Its possible the 5G could do something I suppose.
Contact whoever owns the 5G system.

Of course it could be nothing to do with that.

EMF could possibly drive you under a bus. But its unlikely. What does a wifi 2.2/5ghz scanner show on a laptop?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby duke1 » 29 Sep 2023, 21:16

Burgerman wrote:Its possible the 5G could do something I suppose.
Contact whoever owns the 5G system.

Of course it could be nothing to do with that.

EMF could possibly drive you under a bus. But its unlikely. What does a wifi 2.2/5ghz scanner show on a laptop?

would a tin foil hat round the js help?im no conspiracy nut but i do not the idea of the sodding cameras and devices all spying on us.
i just hope it remains small quirks and nothing worse,tech aye. czy :joint
duke1

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2023, 21:27

No the tin foil hat goes on your head.

EMF is technically electro magnetic force. https://www.hse.gov.uk/radiation/nonion ... lectro.htm
It might at best slightly warm your brain.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 24 Oct 2023, 03:56

The RF coming from that box would be very low power, I'd be seriously surprised if it had anything to do with the issues you are having... RF like all other radiation follows an inverse square power law, so by the time it got to your chairs (assuming you weren't climbing the pole with them :lol: ) it would be far less than what the chair would see if you used your own cell phone while seated in it...

The electronics on a chair are also supposed to be designed NOT to be affected by external RF sources, unless picking them up is intentional (i.e. if you have a Bluetooth module installed) and then it should only pay attention to the ones it is supposed to...

I'd look elsewhere for the problem...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair