External Profile Programming

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

External Profile Programming

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 01:48

i have an rnet JS - with two external jacks underneath -

i want to use those jacks if i can to just push a button to lift the chair - and tilt it - without having to paddle thru the menu on the JS

to make it easier for my girls to use it -

my tech gave me a cable to use - its one round button - i can only plug it into one jack -

i just tried it - to see what it does as it is right now o

one jack - just turns it on and off

other jack toggles thru the mode settings - same as if doing it on the toggle on top -

i wonder if i can program one of them at least to just tilt up and down - and the other one to lift the chair up and down

in the settings - i see a setting - tilt toggle and seat toggle

would that be the setting to use - which would allow me to tilt up and down or lift it up and down with that one button - of course i cant do all from one jack

i wont be able to test it yet - i would have to down load my chair settings - make the changes and test - before i do that - wont be soon -

no rush not using the chair - before i do - is this correct -

thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: External Profile Programming

Postby rover220 » 07 Nov 2023, 07:10

If you use a stereo to mono splitter you can connect 2 buttons to the socket and control 2 functions.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2023, 09:14

Can you set it latched so that one button can do both up and down? Must say I have never plugged anything into one of those connetions.

You can program any of the buttons on the CJSM2 joystick to do a short or long press. So ignoring you new button you could just program any of your existing buttons to do seating functiond directly. So press the HAZARD or INDICATOR on a long press to do your tilt/lift and no menu digging required.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 07 Nov 2023, 11:26

You can set latched or toggle. So yes, 2 buttons can operate 2 seperate functions both viantbe jack socket.
rover220

Postby 11ydy » 07 Nov 2023, 13:20

A stereo plug is connected to two buttons, and short press and long press are respectively set to achieve four functions.

一个立体声插头接两个按钮,分别设置短按与长按实现四个功能
11ydy

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2023, 19:44

But in expressos case he just wants a quick shortcut. So doesent actually need extra buttons.
Why?

You can program any of the buttons on the CJSM2 joystick to do a short or long press. So ignoring you new button, you could just program any of your existing rubber built in buttons to do seating functions directly. So for e.g. press the HAZARD or INDICATOR on a long press and short press to do your tilt/lift and no menu digging required. Or set latched.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 20:31

i was giving a cable with one button - can plug in one jack only - was told it can make it go up and down using it

what i want to do is be able to just hit a button and make the tilt go back and down - or make the seat lift go up and down - with out having to toggle thru all the functions with the JS paddle

so my girls can use it easily on there own - when i am not in the chair etc or transferring - makes it alot easier

the JS is a Rnet from a permobil chair - i plugged it in one jack - and that toggle thru the settings the same way then i still have to use the JS knob to make it work

the other jack turns it on and off - i know i can reprogram them to do other things -

i wasnt sure if i pick tilt up down toggle - or latched as it shows in the program - - i assume only one function will or can be programmed for each jack so i either have to get it to work for tilt or seat lift - cant do both ? with one button cable to one jack ?

i will ask my tech if he can find another one of them - i searched on ebay but not sure of the search term to use - i cant find them - i know i seen them for invacare chairs where you have 3 or 4 buttons - like sunrise with the 5 control box -

i have it on my new chair - and its a lot easier to use -

but for now - i have one cable with one button - - was told it can be used to go up and down with the one button -

i am going to have to connect the programmer and save the settings - then make the change and test to see what it does -

i guess i try tilt up tilt down latched first - ?

what exactly does latched mean ?
expresso

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 20:37

rover220 wrote:If you use a stereo to mono splitter you can connect 2 buttons to the socket and control 2 functions.

thanks - i have just one cable for one jack - one button - tech told me i can make it go up and down with this one button

i will try toggle latched and see what it does

do you know the name of this type of cable for the jacks - i can search ebay maybe - my results searched come up with nothing

the chair only has tilt and lift - ideally i would like both to work with a push of a button -- since he only had a one button cable - i will have to pick of the functions
expresso

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 20:39

Burgerman wrote:Can you set it latched so that one button can do both up and down? Must say I have never plugged anything into one of those connetions.

You can program any of the buttons on the CJSM2 joystick to do a short or long press. So ignoring you new button you could just program any of your existing buttons to do seating functiond directly. So press the HAZARD or INDICATOR on a long press to do your tilt/lift and no menu digging required.

the JS is a Rnet from a permobil chair - i will try it latched first and see what it does -when i get a chance -
expresso

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 20:44

11ydy wrote:A stereo plug is connected to two buttons, and short press and long press are respectively set to achieve four functions.

一个立体声插头接两个按钮,分别设置短按与长按实现四个功能

hi thanks - would you have a picture of that kind or link to some of them ?
expresso

Postby rover220 » 07 Nov 2023, 21:09

rover220

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 21:30

thanks like the audio stuff -

the one i need is 3.5mm jack ? splitter ?

if i did find one - i would need another cable with the button ? connect both into one jack and control 4 functions - two functions but up and down for each - i guess making it 4 functions ?

can that work from one jack ?

i only have one cable now with one button

what search term can i use to find another cable with one button or two buttons the cable thats goes in the JS jack
expresso

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 21:33

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMP-137-Ste ... =8-12&th=1

this would work with two cables each cable having one button ?

i would need to find one that takes 3.5mm both ends - one male for JS jack and two females - 3.5mm

angled would be nice so its flush -

if i found another cable or the tech gets me one - then i can use this plug both cables in and one jack used on the JS - gives me 4 total functions ?

thanks
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2023, 22:21

expresso wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Can you set it latched so that one button can do both up and down? Must say I have never plugged anything into one of those connetions.

the JS is a Rnet from a permobil chair - i will try it latched first and see what it does -when i get a chance -

Not r-net, permobil?
You probably cant map all the buttons like you can with r-net. Different firmware on permobil. So cant say what that will do. Probably be ignored. Works on mine though.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2023, 23:21

its a permobil JS - working on my 646 sunrise chair fine - its using my settings

i am sure it can be done - the external jacks for sure -

the others dont know for sure - and not interested with that at the moment - i take it one step at a time - unless i have a need - i wont try it -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2023, 23:31

Well I just looked in permobils software. Button remapping is not in there so on their own joystick clone or on a real r-net with permobils firmware I wouldnt expect it to work. Your jack inputs will though I think.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 08 Nov 2023, 00:18

i am not using a permobil chair -

would that make a difference ?

using sunrise software sunrise chair -

for sure external jacks can be - the rest i dont know

use sunrise software and see if it works ?
expresso

Postby expresso » 08 Nov 2023, 01:42

something like this would work - two button mini switch

but the cost - i though it said $6 dollars

but its $600 - WTF - really for a 5 dollars cable

that would be good - which one - would be good single or mono ?

or either one if i find something on ebay -

i cant find anything there - not sure what search term to enter - ebay has a very bad search engine
Attachments
switch it.PNG
expresso

Postby expresso » 08 Nov 2023, 02:36

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225623998834?s ... Track=true

this would be great if i knew it would work on my Rnet Permobil JS -

it shows for invacare chair - does that matter ?
expresso

Postby rover220 » 08 Nov 2023, 08:54

Burgerman wrote:
expresso wrote:

Not r-net, permobil?
You probably cant map all the buttons like you can with r-net. Different firmware on permobil. So cant say what that will do. Probably be ignored. Works on mine though.

Permobil have for more mapping options than sunrise.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2023, 09:29

Its not in their oem programmer from what I remember. Dont have it installed right now. I doubt the sunrise programming options will "stick" and will be ignored. And no button mapping in generic OEM at all. How do you do it?

Does it also depend on which permobil file you look at or edit?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 08 Nov 2023, 09:53

Burgerman wrote:Its not in their oem programmer from what I remember. Dont have it installed right now. I doubt the sunrise programming options will "stick" and will be ignored. And no button mapping in generic OEM at all. How do you do it?

Does it also depend on which permobil file you look at or edit?

you need the correct subset file for assignable buttons on permobil. it is a factory option at build as th whether you want it enabled or disabled.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2023, 10:00

Fair enough. I got it to work. I used the permobil OEM and an M5 profile. NOW it shows the button mapping!

But unless you are talking about a different build option to the M5 I have here you get the exact same mapping options as sunrise OEM gives you?

Below is a comparison one of my chairs with Sunrise OEM. And an M5 with Permobils OEM.

How do I get to see any extra mapping options?
Also some cant work as there is 2 buttons missing on permobils own joystick.
Attachments
permobil.gif
PERMOBIL M5 and Permobil OEM programmer.
sunrise.gif
A Q700R with OEM Sunrise programmer
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 08 Nov 2023, 10:35

Burgerman wrote:Fair enough. I got it to work. I used the permobil OEM and an M5 profile. NOW it shows the button mapping!

But unless you are talking about a different build option to the M5 I have here you get the exact same mapping options as sunrise OEM gives you?

Below is a comparison one of my chairs with Sunrise OEM. And an M5 with Permobils OEM.

How do I get to see any extra mapping options?
Also some cant work as there is 2 buttons missing on permobils own joystick.

Permobil UK use the same joysticks as everyone else. Only the USA use the small screen version.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2023, 13:02

Yes. But expresso is using one of those.

You say that theres more options on permobils?
Permobil have for more mapping options than sunrise.

Where are the extra permobil options?
By which I mean how can I see them. Not with the perm programmer (above) as it shows the same options as sunrise programmer does? At least on an M5 as tested today.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 08 Nov 2023, 17:42

i dont care much for changing the JS paddles etc, remap them

just the external jack would be fine to what i need - that should work once i program it correctly

i am using a sunrise chair - 646 - with a permobil JS on that one - it works fine with sunrise programming

are any of those links i posted showing the two button function cable - from ebay - would work for me ?

its shown as for an invacare chair - but has 3.5mm jack and two buttons - ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2023, 18:15

Not sure but they should be. I wasnt talking about remapping paddles. But just adding a long press to the indicator or hazard switches. But either should work.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2023, 18:16

Not sure but they should be. I wasnt talking about remapping paddles. But just adding a long press to the indicator or hazard switches. But either should work. You can enable the actuators to work as you roll too.

You can if you can find one that doesent break the bank use the 5 switch box CTRL-5 from switch-it as fitted to many sunrise chairs to do any five functions from seating to control. Just plugs into any r-net bus socket. Gives you a USB charger too. I think that just like the buttons that you are lookin at that they are a pain in the ass as they get in the way. But can be quicker than menu or a remapped switch. I am still not sure if I should remove mine or not. Pluses and minuses.

I have non on the salsa chair. Instead I use the HAZARD light switch. And indicators. And long/short presses. Does the same thing.
Attachments
ctrl-5-switch-it.jpg
Image1.gif
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 08 Nov 2023, 19:35

i dont need a 5 control unit - the chair only has tilt and seat lift -

i was told from the ebay seller that it would work for me -

but i am still unsure how to program it after - its a two button cable with one 3.5mm jack

so i plug it in one jack - then how do i program each button - one button to use tilt up and down - 2nd button to use seat lift up and down - is that doable ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2023, 19:40

Yes. But to explain how is a long story and its easier to just look at the programmer options and select what you think then test. Look at the switch inputs a few posts above and click them to see the options. They adjust it to how you like it.

Start with external jack profile 1 or External jack profile 2 see the comparison charts screenshots above. They are both the same. Near the top. Check the selections available. Remember that I have never had anything plugged into those. But its no different to configuring an existing button, like the profile or hazard buttons to do something else. Or something additional on a long press. At least as far as I know! Shuld be pretty simple.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Everything Powerchair