Dietz powerchairs

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Dietz powerchairs

Postby Burgerman » 10 Nov 2023, 05:49

would seem to offer everything a good read drive chair needs.
It fits all my criteria at least!

E.G
Rear drive
Centre footrest option?
120A R-net (all pure) so that it can be completely programmed properly. By me (or you!).
Wide set front casters allowing a centre footplate to go back and so the seating also for better CG (than stock chairs).
4 pole AMT german motors.
Group24 battery space, so an easy 230Ah lithium conversion which is another prerequisit ticked.
All the usual power options, lift, tilt, recline, power legs etc.

And heres the thing. They are now rapidly expanding. Heres the UK website. It isnt very good, not a lot of detail. But they are expanding everywhere. So if you hold yor breath (are you listening expresso?) they are probably also going to be available in the US at some point too.

If so, and I will call and ask them tomorrow, then you may soon have a great rear drive option that ticks every single box. I for 1 will be getting a visit from the wheelchar services in a few weeks. Before xMas. And will be talking about these for them to supply me one. Because other than the Q500 and Q700 rear drives which have weak seating, narrow front arms, and a stupid swnging "self levelling" rear suspension and the otto bocks etc then theres little in the way of GOOD options. This is an option that doesent really NEED any mods doing! Save a lot of :hammer and stuff. Plug and play!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Dietz powerchairs

Postby rover220 » 10 Nov 2023, 07:52

Decent chairs, I worked for them for 2 years and would happily recommend.
rover220

Postby shirley_hkg » 10 Nov 2023, 10:00

Burgerman wrote:would
Rear drive
Centre footrest option.
120A R-net (all pure) so that it can be completely programmed properly. .
4 pole AMT german made motors.
Group24 battery space, so an easy 230Ah lithium conversion.
All the usual power options, lift, tilt, recline, power legs etc.

Save a lot of :hammer and stuff. Plug and play!

How much approximately ?
shirley_hkg

Postby Burgerman » 10 Nov 2023, 10:35

That I dont know.

I forgot the link...

UK Site https://dietz-mobility.co.uk/advanced/

And their main one https://dietz-power.com/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby acid_coke » 10 Nov 2023, 11:39

I've seen that the Dietz chairs have elastomere suspension. How does the rubber compare to coilovers?
acid_coke

Postby Burgerman » 10 Nov 2023, 13:36

I dont think its the right question. Coilovers can be great. But on every powerchair I look at including mine they have a tiny bit of travel. So harsh ride. So the better question would be how much suspension travel does it have?

And then theres this. Many mid drives have zero suspension on the drive wheels or at best half an inch on the odd one. And thats where you weight and spine is sat on. They have coil over shocks but that isnt suspension at all. Those are just sprung into the ground so you dont rock back and forwards.

On many rear drives there is rear suspension and once the seat is relocated back so your weight is off the casters then the fact that many have no front suspension is lessof an issue. And some do.

The real advantage of coil over shocks is that in a car or bike it allows seperation of adjustment, rising rate control, seperate compression and rebound damping adjustments. At our speeds these things dont really matter. Rubber has natural rising spring rate and natural damping. But amount of travel does matter.

So I dont think theres much of a difference in one or the other.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 11 Nov 2023, 14:04

ive also been keeping my eye on Dietz chairs for a while incase thay make it to the U.S. They look well built. I hope they make it to the U.S eventually
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 11 Nov 2023, 15:48

Well I am ringing them about something else hopefully in the week. Like more info, parts, and centre footrest options. So will ask.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair