Cleaning

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Cleaning

Postby fishinjunky » 17 Dec 2023, 16:00

Burgerman wrote:When younger I flew model helicopters with oily nitro engines. I used my BROTHERS tootbrush and some white spirit to clean. Which I found funny.

:lol: that's funny. Brotherly love :lol:

Bm do you also rebuild one of your bm chairs every winter in rotation ?

How many chairs do you have total?
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 17 Dec 2023, 17:56

When I was younger, yes. Now 63 in april, no dog, no need to total my chairs with salt off he roads and mud so not any more. I do however do a lot of cleaning and checking and heneral maintainance. So they stay as new.

I have 2 rehab chairs, q700r and salsa all with powered lift tilt legs, recline and lights. I have a BM2 chair used in my van. I have an OLD rusty tatty BM1 chair in the garage used for dirty jobs. And a BM3 chair in the need of a motor for years now.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 19 Dec 2023, 16:51

Burgerman wrote:When I was younger, yes. Now 63 in april, no dog, no need to total my chairs with salt off he roads and mud so not any more. I do however do a lot of cleaning and checking and heneral maintainance. So they stay as new.

I have 2 rehab chairs, q700r and salsa all with powered lift tilt legs, recline and lights. I have a BM2 chair used in my van. I have an OLD rusty tatty BM1 chair in the garage used for dirty jobs. And a BM3 chair in the need of a motor for years now.

Once I get a new chair I'll have 3 total and would like to do like you did with yours all though probably not full rebuilds because like you I clean regularly and don't go out in winter.

Any plans to get another dog?
I have a 13yo chihuahua min pin mix. I got her right after my injury and she's been my best buddy ever sence. Recently she's been coughing the vet said her heart is enlarged. She's on meds that are helping but I'm terrified of her passing. I don't think I will adopt after her for emotional reasons. Can't handle the loss
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 19 Dec 2023, 17:38

My mum had many german shephards. They become part of the family. She always said that you should get a new dog before the old one passes. So that you dont end up comparing the new to the old. And because if you dont the pain will stop you getting a new one afterwards anyway. And the new puppy will keep your old dog entertained too.

No I wont be getting a new one. I am 63. I could quite easily die before it did. Which is unfair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 20 Dec 2023, 13:28

Burgerman wrote:My mum had many german shephards. They become part of the family. She always said that you should get a new dog before the old one passes. So that you dont end up comparing the new to the old. And because if you dont the pain will stop you getting a new one afterwards anyway. And the new puppy will keep your old dog entertained too.

No I wont be getting a new one. I am 63. I could quite easily die before it did. Which is unfair.

I never thought about it like that but what a great point your mom has. We have the time space and finances to give another shelter dog a good home. If something happens to me my mom would take care. German shepherds are great dogs my sisters roommate has one hes super smart.

I really respect your choice to not get another most dont take that into consideration. But I hope you have many more years :thumbup:

sorry for getting off topic of the thread
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair