oem without dongle

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

oem without dongle

Postby Raro » 25 Feb 2024, 22:51

Why are there versions of rnet that by pressing the power button and the horn at the same time you can access OEM without a dongle? Is it a special version or is it simply "released" programmatically? even in permobil models.
Raro

Re: oem without dongle

Postby Burgerman » 26 Feb 2024, 07:48

Non of them can do OEM that way. You CAN access the On Board Programming, which is almost as good as Dealer level. But to enable that you need an OEM level access anyway. And on some chairs (some permobils using thir own brand gyro) its very unwise anyway as the place that you change the drive settings is different so you end up looking at and changing the wrong parameters... So they disable it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Raro » 26 Feb 2024, 11:40

My idea was to take the chair to my distributor so they could give me access, but from what you say, with a distributor-level dongle, you can't do it, right? Is it a bad idea to change parameters from the onboard programming?
Raro

Postby Burgerman » 26 Feb 2024, 13:03

Most dealers CANT do it. They would need OEM access. Permobil techs generally do not have this.
Is it a bad idea to change OBP on a chair? No on all normal R-net chairs its not an issue. But again permobils are not all r-net. They use a different menu system to adjust all the speed settings. And that is not the one the Joystick OBP shows you... So yes its OK on other chairs, and even OK on permobils unless it has a permobil manufactured gyro. That means ALL front drive ones and those cannot be made to steer well whatever you do. Some mid drives have a permobil gyro. If not then yes configure for OBP! That will work.

But while I can do this, and anyone with OEM access can do it which is quite a few on here, very few dealers/techs can or will. If you buy a DEALER dongle there is a way. PM me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 26 Feb 2024, 19:22

Raro wrote:My idea was to take the chair to my distributor so they could give me access, but from what you say, with a distributor-level dongle, you can't do it, right? Is it a bad idea to change parameters from the onboard programming?

It is better to invest money in a dongle.
martin007

Return to Everything Powerchair