Erro ICS Permobil

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Erro ICS Permobil

Postby Marcelo » 02 Mar 2024, 15:10

Hi guys, my Permobil F5 has stopped raising the seat; shows the ICS 20A3 ERROR, how do I resolve this?
Marcelo

Re: Erro ICS Permobil

Postby Raro » 02 Mar 2024, 15:41

Overcurrent when operating the function, there could be overload

Overcurrent is detected when the current to the actuator motor exceeds a predefined value for a short period of time. This may be due to the actuator hitting
the actuator end stop or any other hard stop. It could also be due to overload due to the user's weight or something not moving as it should.
as easy as it should. - Find out in which part of the movement the overcurrent occurs. - Check that the actuator does not reach a hard stop. -
Check that the seat function can perform full movement as expected without the user. - Replace the actuator if no other reason for the overcurrent is found.
found.
Raro

Postby Raro » 02 Mar 2024, 15:52

Try disconnecting the main power switch located on the lower back if it does not work, try to operate the chair without weight when you are not in it.
Raro

Postby Raro » 02 Mar 2024, 15:57

https://www.hjelpemiddeldatabasen.no/bl ... 2021150110

link to errors and possible solutions.
Raro

Postby Raro » 02 Mar 2024, 16:00

Also check that you do not have anything that prevents the free movement of the seat
Raro

Postby slomobile » 03 Mar 2024, 19:35

I got that error while experimenting with mounting things on the front of the chair.
One of the things got under the seat and I didn't notice when the chair came down on top of it.
It set the code and blew a fuse in the master module under the front cover.
Kind of difficult to raise the seat to remove the thing without the actuator working, but you can reach under the front and turn the belt manually with fingers if you need to.
Changed the fuse.
I think I might have had to unplug the actuator, power cycle the chair, then plug actuator back in and turn on. Not sure if that was necessary or something I just tried before finding where the fuse was,
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 03 Mar 2024, 20:11

The R-Net usual ISM6 seating actuator module doesent have any fuses. You just program whatever max current is allowed (12A or 15A max) which is software limited and for how long using the normal programmer. And it limits current or senses this and turns off after whatever time period you program in. It can also sense end of travel (rapid current rise in a fraction of a second) and needs no microswitches or sensors (that fail) either. Unless you use the CXSM one which needs position sensors. Actuator Fuses? How 1970s.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby slomobile » 03 Mar 2024, 21:46

To be clear, it is just 1 fuse that protects everything ICS including the actuators and keeps everything Rnet working normally. The fuse almost never blows. In my case a rigid aluminum shaft suddenly stopped the chair from descending with over 300lbs on the seat. The actuator went from a long backdriving load to maximum load opposite direction in an instant.

The error does not indicate a blown fuse, just a stuck actuator. It is entirely possible for an actuator to stick and trigger the error without a fuse blowing. I've done that with people sitting on the footrest. I think it just needed a power cycle to clear the error.

It is also possible to blow the fuse without triggering any error. I did that by reversing polarity. I just try really dumb stuff sometimes.
slomobile

Postby Marcelo » 14 Mar 2024, 14:58

Thank you all for the tips, I'll follow it and get back to you ok. :thumbup:
Marcelo

Return to Everything Powerchair