Help? OneRehab motor?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Help? OneRehab motor?

Postby saker98 » 16 Mar 2024, 15:35

Hello everyone!

I have been looking for a OneRehab motor for one of their Discovery 8 model..

Long story short:

A relative needed a mobility scooter, found a company online and decided on a OneRehab Discovery 8 from the company, on credit. Plus a 12 month warranty.

She was not getting the battery life expected, contacted the company, took 3 months to come out, they insisted she was charging them wrong. They replaced one set, in 12 months. Most of the time she could not use it.

I got a professional engineer to look at the Scooter, he found that it had an intermittent motor fault, and had it for a long time and of course it was out of warranty and the company did not want to know.

The question is, does anyone have one? Or does anyone know of a compatible motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
James(Saker98)
saker98

Re: Help? OneRehab motor?

Postby Burgerman » 16 Mar 2024, 16:29

She was not getting the battery life expected, contacted the company, took 3 months to come out, they insisted she was charging them wrong. They replaced one set, in 12 months. Most of the time she could not use it.

Even the very best lead batteries are crap. This is extremely comon. I doubt that there IS any motor problem that is both inermittent or that draws exess current. I cannot think of any way for this to actually happen. But the battery problem is normal. Heavily discharged overworked lead batteries last just a handful of cycles even if correctly charged. And mobility chargers do NOT correctly charge mostly. Further helping them die faster.

This is the reason I went to lithium. 15 years ago. So I can have decades of battery life and many times as much range.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Help? OneRehab motor?

Postby saker98 » 18 Mar 2024, 15:35

BM, thank you again for your expertise.

It looks like she is just after a working OneRehab Discovery 8 motor.

If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
James(Saker98)
saker98

Return to Everything Powerchair