Volt Pro Charge Settings

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Volt Pro Charge Settings

Postby Qvickster » 27 Apr 2024, 06:35

Got a iCharger X8 and got a new Permobil M3. Does anyone have charge settings for the VoltPro batteries. Going to kill them before I switch it to my Lifepo4 pack I have.
Qvickster

Re: Volt Pro Charge Settings

Postby Burgerman » 27 Apr 2024, 09:01

Permobils own branded ones?
I think they are gel, basically. They may have a different voltage profile to most gels though as they use AGM seperators. You need the battery spec sheet.

If I didnt have this, I would set it to 12A max, 28.2V, terminate at either 8 hours of CV or 120mA whichever occurs first and if that charer does a 3rd stage - float at 27.4V indefinitely after this and set termination to 7 hours and 200mA @ CV stage instead. But without a spec sheet for the battery its an educated guess. Either way that wont damage them. But may not be optimum for charge speed.

I might be tempted to measure what their own charger is doing and that may be a clue as to what they need. But try to get a technical data sheet. Not a sell sheet...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Qvickster » 27 Apr 2024, 23:42

So I found the charge settings on the battery. 15 Volts seems extreme. Might just use the charger it comes with, but it would be nice to see what is being put back into the battery. I rather not rig up a shunt to see that.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Qvickster

Postby Burgerman » 28 Apr 2024, 00:08

Then set the charger to do 14.4 as per AGM, 6 HOURS OR 120mA CV termination and 13.6V float. (x2 obviously).
If the charger doesent do float, set same termination current, and 8 hour CV limit. Charge done!
Set current CC stage, to 12A for XLR or 25A for anderson. Ideally. Less means it will have less time to finish the slow CV stage. But will still work. Depends how long you sleep!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair