Sunrise Medical F55 Quicke

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Sunrise Medical F55 Quicke

Postby adgp » 06 May 2010, 18:00

Hello.

I was wondering if any body knows how much my wheelchair would be worth to sell, I dont want to be ripped off :D

Its a Sunrise Medical F55 Quickie
1 Year and 5 Months old
New controller - new batteries - new control box [fitted last month] .. due to some water damage, chair been passed as fully working and good now.
Has seat riser and recliner, lights etc.

-

On another note, has anybody had or got the Pride LX Powerchair, is it anygood?
Is this a good price?
http://www.easicaremobility.co.uk/pride ... p-695.html

Thanks in advance for any help
Aaron :mrgreen:
adgp

Re: Sunrise Medical F55 Quicke

Postby JoeC » 06 May 2010, 18:17

Used chairs have poor resale value, maybe even worse than used cars.

The Pride chair you linked to, it looks like a major step down from the F55 if you were thinking of it for daily use.
JoeC

Postby adgp » 06 May 2010, 18:24

Thanks for your reply mate, Oh right any reason for the poor resale price?

I need something alot smaller and compact, the F55 is just to big for me. Do you knw better smaller compact chairs?

Again thanks for any info :- )

Aaron
adgp

Postby Burgerman » 06 May 2010, 18:25

Well I dont want to dissilusion you but I bought three or four good F55s powerchairs with various go faster bits like tilt, rise, recaro seating etc. I didnt pay more than 500 for any of them. And wouldnt now. That doesent mean you cant get more if its like new but it gives you an idea of how hard they are to sell used for good money. EG batteries. Either they are brand new, maintained on charge weekly, and either MK or Odyssey or they can be considered worthless. So anyone looking to buy would add 400 for a decent set of batteries. To begin with...

Actually I will offer 500 now! Because I need another one for the next project!
Here is my last 500 quid ebay chair!
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/Quickie ... e-f55s.htm

Try eBay, and put an add on here (different section) and see?

As for that other chair please read this! It applies to all small cheap powerchairs. Mostly they are lighter and much less capable but not actually smaller in measurement.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/invacar ... a-plus.htm

There are only a very few powerchairs that are considered (by me!) to be any good. Of course it depends what you want it for, how much money you have, etc. But all those small light cheap chairs offer nothing over the F55 that you are selling? What am I missing here?

Maybe others will have different opinions! I am not always right!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby JoeC » 06 May 2010, 18:55

As Burgerman said, whenever somebody buys a used chair, they should count on buying new batteries. It's not that hard to kill a set of batteries by neglecting them, and it's not easy to tell if they're good, or how long they'll be good- unless they're buying from a wheelchair shop that will warranty the batteries to some extent, and had a good routine in place to make sure all the chairs have fresh batteries. Otherwise, who knows?

Another reason why used chairs have poor resale value, other than the big unknown of how well they were treated, is that they are somewhat custom built to your body. Some things can be adjusted with just a wrench, other things can't. Things like seat width, custom brackets and pads, etc, are all things that might be very necessary for someone who wants to buy your chair, and their needs are probably not the same as yours.
JoeC

Postby Lord Chatterley » 06 May 2010, 18:59

Yeah, I love it when Burgerman says that's the "nominal" figure - it usually means the manufacturers have just come up with any old random measurement just for the hell of it, so don't, whatever you do, take the manufactures data at face value.

Stick around and you'll see what I mean.

Drives me nuts!!
Lord Chatterley

Postby adgp » 07 May 2010, 23:41

Thankyou everyone for your info, i'll update once i made a deceion on what i'm doing, if i put it on ebay i'll give you link burgerman =]

Aaron
adgp

Postby PETALUMAPETE2 » 11 May 2010, 21:42

I AM INTERESTED IN A PURCHASE. FAX MA (IN CALIFORNIA, USA) (408) 255-6414
PETALUMAPETE2

Return to Everything Powerchair