Blue Tooth Wiring

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Blue Tooth Wiring

Postby Burgerman » 17 May 2012, 17:40

Beats me. Has to be a setting. Because I have 3 here of my own, a freinds (helicopters) I did for him months ago, and all working great on various windows, and computers. And theres lots of people in the same situation, including mel who wrote the software in the RC groups forum. And some on endless spere. I know I can get it working in minutes given any PC and charger. But I cant see whats is wrong from here. Maybe your BT adapter on the laptop isnt compatible or something.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nettraptor » 18 May 2012, 16:21

Finally works!!!!

it was the TX/RX swap to RX/TX. i did swap them before , but it worked only with this version http://heli.dacsa.net/HyperionSuite.zip
so Thanks everyone thanks Burgerman
nettraptor

Postby Burgerman » 18 May 2012, 16:45

Great!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Seajays » 18 May 2012, 17:36

I can't get this to insatll from this link. Can you link me to were you found it.
Seajays

Postby Burgerman » 18 May 2012, 21:28

Download the zip, and open it. The install file is inside.

I cant test it because I am using a fancy new firmware, with bugs... That needs a different software version. It has seperate cell resistance readings, etc. Amongst other things.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nettraptor » 19 May 2012, 18:17

there is not install file
it is the EXE file , you just download and replace the exe from hyperion install folder C:\Program Files\Hyperion\Hyperion EOS Control Data Suite\
nettraptor

Postby maki » 25 May 2012, 10:31

Hi to all,

I am new here, so my first question is: did someone else using old xp 32 system for this software?
I have made all as is mentioned in this forum, but is not working.
Last thing was donload new software (from few posts back) and replacing exe file. Well, works, but just when splash screen apears (just icon in status bar) then connection fall dawn and after few seconds program starts, but red led flashing.
Anny idea?

Regards,
maki

Postby Burgerman » 25 May 2012, 10:45

Should work in XP? But its ancient now. But the software developer, and most users seem to be using Win 7 and often 64bit too. I suspect though that its another setup issue. Most people get there in the end after an initial fight!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby maki » 26 May 2012, 20:59

I have manage to connect charger with pc, led stays red! I have made a lot of reading in win pages from microsoft abouth system, but in the end trouble was in connection. I have svitched tx rx and connection start working! (with software posted by @nettraptor) But, that everything will not be so easy, now (next day) after restart pc, again no connection. I have found out that was other com port active. Today I have test it again and till pc is on, connection works, but after restart losses again. Strange...xp losess adjustements.

Why I stay on xp? because for workshop I dont need better pc. For serious work I have other pc but is on other place...

Thank you for advice!
maki

Postby snoko » 16 Nov 2012, 12:42

maki wrote:I have manage to connect charger with pc, led stays red! I have made a lot of reading in win pages from microsoft abouth system, but in the end trouble was in connection. I have svitched tx rx and connection start working! (with software posted by @nettraptor) But, that everything will not be so easy, now (next day) after restart pc, again no connection. I have found out that was other com port active. Today I have test it again and till pc is on, connection works, but after restart losses again. Strange...xp losess adjustements.

Why I stay on xp? because for workshop I dont need better pc. For serious work I have other pc but is on other place...

Thank you for advice!

maki , did you eventually get this to work on XP ?

snok
snoko

Postby eldriddgejoe » 01 Mar 2013, 08:01

First. thanks for the info. I Finally got this to work. First my TX and RX were the opposite of yours so just had to reverse it. I used PUTTY to verify the adapter was working. PUTTY is a freeware program you can download, If you get continuous jiberish then the adapter is working. Here are the steps I took.
Installed board. I have v1.6.
Added device in Windows. Windows 8 64 bit Modified shortcut as described earlier. / BT
Gave the password of 1234 on install. Not via EOS startup
Verified install of board with PUTTY. Select com/serial and change port Good result is jibberish. Not Solid Green cursor!!!!
Disabled ALL comports except the new one created.
Started right up and works perfect.
eldriddgejoe

Postby Burgerman » 01 Mar 2013, 10:31

There doesent seem to be any standard for the snd/rx unless I made a mistake.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Lord Chatterley » 06 Jun 2014, 02:26

Burgerman wrote:Try new bluetooth. When it works its easy.

BM,
Can you recommend a reliable Bluetooth USB dongle for Windows 7 - my laptop has Bluetooth fitted so I don't need one but others might benefit - they are cheap but the quality of those USB dongles seems to vary.

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jun 2014, 09:38

I use eBay ones that look like half a £ coin in black. Works to the next room ok.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mark » 08 Jun 2014, 14:36

Burgerman wrote:I use eBay ones that look like half a £ coin in black. Works to the next room ok.

I bought one that looks just like that from POUNDWORLD for ....... £1.
It works as well as any other I have used.
Mark

Postby ex-Gooserider » 10 Jun 2014, 09:40

Note that per the photos, that fob was originally sold on DX.COM - which is essentially the major sales front for "made in China" stuff - electronics, mechanical stuff, etc...

They have stuff that may not be on Ebay, and are sometimes cheaper... Well worth checking out for gizmos and parts for chairs, lighting and so on.

ex-Gooserider
ex-Gooserider

Postby maker102 » 22 Mar 2017, 01:41

I am not getting any voltage out of my temp sensor (with multimeter). Is there any other place that I can get 5v from? On a side note I did try to hook up the module to a battery pack the light did not blink, does it need to be connected to the tx/rx to blink? Thanks for all your help
maker102

Postby Burgerman » 22 Mar 2017, 02:32

Dont remember. But there should be 5v on those pins...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby kenuser » 28 Oct 2019, 17:06

Hi,

I'm sorry to reply to a very old topic but I try and try from very long time and cannot run the system.
I purchased many BT boards, but every module has very specific functions and may be this is the reason my 1420i cannot comunicate with my PC via bluetooth connection.
Can someone having good running link tell me which type of module is used for?
The firmware (and so the board) can be checked by connecting the BT board with TTL USB, writing by terminal:
AT+VERSION

Thank you
kenuser

Postby Burgerman » 28 Oct 2019, 17:59

Read that 3 times. Dont understand the question.

The firmware (and so the board) can be checked by connecting the BT board with TTL USB, writing by terminal:
AT+VERSION

And that is beyond me. I just bought 3 boards. Fitted to the yperion. And it works.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 28 Oct 2019, 18:38

kenuser wrote:Hi,

I'm sorry to reply to a very old topic but I try and try from very long time and cannot run the system.
I purchased many BT boards, but every module has very specific functions and may be this is the reason my 1420i cannot comunicate with my PC via bluetooth connection.
AT+VERSION

Thank you

ANY BT board that you use ... once powered up ...should be discoverable ( be seen by ) your computer or Android phone etc.

Their is no need to alter or program it for this particular application.

So ... can you "see" the B.T. module on your computer or other devices?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 28 Oct 2019, 20:51

Obviously the device or PC must be correctly configured to allow it to be seen, and to allow you to connect, etc. And will want a password to communicate, 1234, 1111, 9999, 0000, or whatever yours is.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby kenuser » 29 Oct 2019, 11:11

Hi,

thank you for reply.

May be I posted wrong the question. The link between PC and HC-06 is ok, this means that on PC I have new 2 COM ports installed (COM32 and COM33). I did everything like discussed on this topic: choose the second port to comunicate with Hyperion Suite, added BT to shortcut string, run program as administrator. I tried with XP, WIN7 and WIN8.

The problem is that when i start the program, the HC-06 led turns red (not blinking) and and when program opens Bluetooth the led start blink again and so loss connection.

Read that 3 times. Dont understand the question.

Simply would know which type of BT module do you use, which board and firmware have.
kenuser

Postby Burgerman » 29 Oct 2019, 11:33

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pin-HC-06- ... SwiylXA5JI

ANY! ALL of them work.

You have way too many high number com ports.

Open device manager. From top menu choose SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES. Delete every device that is greyed out. Including every com port.
Reboot. Reconnect. Choose the lowest com port number, that is not used like 3 or 4. Then DISABLE not delete, the higher number new port. Then connect the charger, start the software, add the 1234 number, and you are done!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 29 Oct 2019, 12:35

A blinking LED means that it's waiting to be connected.
When it stops blinking,and goes solid red , then the connection is established.

The problem is that when i start the program, the HC-06 led turns red (not blinking) and and when program opens Bluetooth the led start blink again and so loss connection.
Therefore you where connected and opening the program caused a disconnect.... I suspect that as B.M. say's it's a Com Port problem.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby kenuser » 01 Jan 2020, 20:36

when i start the program the HC-06 led turns red (solid red) and after few seconds the led start blink again

Finally I found the problem: just inverted TX and RX, now it's OK even with high number COM port
On Windows 8 must start suite software with Admin rights.

HAPPY NEW YEAR cheers
kenuser

Postby woodygb » 01 Jan 2020, 23:17

TX = Transmit
RX = Receive
TXRX.jpg
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby hedgehog69 » 08 Jan 2021, 02:35

Hello I just wanted to thank you Burgerman for the excellent post and instructions on how to do this bluetooth conversion. I have had my charger for a number of years and for me the past few have seen me not able to use the pc program because the usb plug was damaged. I was looking for a way to salvage the plug when I happened upon your post. I can now use my charger to it's fullest extent thanks to you. Cheers
hedgehog69

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair