Q logic/Curtis Cable end

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Q logic/Curtis Cable end

Postby laoshanren » 13 Nov 2017, 17:00

woodygb wrote:BTW ...You can take screenshots by pressing shift and Prt Scr together on your keyboard...then pasting the result into M.S. Paint and saving....like this.

prt scr.jpg

Thanks woodygb,

I shift to another computer better, I saved the powerbase-parameters and aam parameters, and I used the parameters file editor open it, but I can't find where and how to ‘IGNORE’ the actuators, which I was told can changed my STOP LIGHT red on and let me be able to operate my chair.
I forward them to your PM, can you help me please.

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby laoshanren » 13 Nov 2017, 18:44

woodygb wrote:http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757&hilit=shielded&start=260#p54445

The recommendation of that part of the thread appears to be.... use WINDOWS 7 and 2 wires in an Ethernet cable as the lead.

Hi woodygb thank you very much,

My chair working now.
I din't find where to put the "IGNORE" yet, I just pull the device parameters, and modified the actuator's limited angle to the maximum,here is 78°, write to system, the red led disappear after power circle.

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 13 Nov 2017, 23:39

I also cannot find any "ignore" function in the parameters.

Glad that I could help you . :)
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 14 Nov 2017, 03:20

woodygb wrote:I also cannot find any "ignore" function in the parameters.

Glad that I could help you . :)

Thank you woodygb,

You helped me lot.
I guess its possible to reverse the joystick direction by program, will try later.
Checked the speed all set 100% already, don't know how to increase the speed yet.  

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 14 Nov 2017, 09:32

I guess its possible to reverse the joystick direction by program, will try later.
...possible to reverse WHAT in response to the current joystick movement?.. The actuator direction or the drive wheels?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 14 Nov 2017, 21:40

woodygb wrote:
...possible to reverse WHAT in response to the current joystick movement?.. The actuator direction or the drive wheels?

Thanks woodygb,

I need reverse the joystick's forward and backward.

I don't use the joystick to control the actuators, I designed a relay circuit to do that.

Best Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 14 Nov 2017, 22:23

...what about left and right turn ...is that also reversed?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 14 Nov 2017, 23:45

woodygb wrote:

Thank you woodygb again,
Do you know the 6 pins wire out of the Q6 joystick?

Best
Adam
Attachments
q6 joystick.JPG
q6 joystick.JPG (19.78 KiB) Viewed 6903 times
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 15 Nov 2017, 01:44

enAble 50 stuhlabhangige Parameter.zip
(13.65 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 15 Nov 2017, 22:33

woodygb wrote:

Adam,

Could you please answer this question..... as the solution may be to simply swap wires around at the MOTORS.

Cheers Woody
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 16 Nov 2017, 01:19

woodygb wrote:
woodygb wrote:

Adam,

Could you please answer this question..... as the solution may be to simply swap wires around at the MOTORS.

Cheers Woody

Hi woodygb thanks,

The turns are OK, joystick moving same as chair.

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby Burgerman » 16 Nov 2017, 02:41

Then swap left side for right side connectors, and ALSO swap the wires inside the motor connectors themselves, to the opposite positions (polarity) and you are all good to go. cheers
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby laoshanren » 16 Nov 2017, 15:29

Burgerman wrote:Then swap left side for right side connectors, and ALSO swap the wires inside the motor connectors themselves, to the opposite positions (polarity) and you are all good to go. cheers

Thanks Burgerman,
I'll try it.
I just not sure that I saw some where in the powerbase's parameters has 'direction' words?

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 16 Nov 2017, 15:56

Adam,
You can load your par file into the later 1314 pc programmer and get a MUCH better look at the parameters as it has a a clearer menu/interface AND HELP...so you should/will get a better understanding of the displayed parameters.

BUT ... You can only save any changes that you make as a later file type which is NOT backwards compatible with the early 1314 version. ...Just use it as a learning tool.

Woody in G.B.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 16 Nov 2017, 17:25

woodygb wrote:Adam,
You can load your par file into the later 1314 pc programmer and get a MUCH better look at the parameters as it has a a clearer menu/interface AND HELP...so you should/will get a better understanding of the displayed parameters.

BUT ... You can only save any changes that you make as a later file type which is NOT backwards compatible with the early 1314 version. ...Just use it as a learning tool.

Woody in G.B.

Thanks woodygb,
Its a good idea. I saved the .par file and opened by par file edit tool, edit and save but can't send to chair.

I try to remove the red light on my second Q6 EDGE, seems no that lucky, the power base parameters didn't show up the items be able to modify as picture 'seat navigation', its just '?', don't even have any actuators item, guess may because when the chair power up, shown error #225 the aam is missing?

I gained lot of:
1) the small 4pins connector to motor I mentioned before is for the encode, yes, they do have encodes for speed calibration see 'speed calibration'.
2) nearly all parameters of the motors are available to modify see 'polarity inverted' , 'motor swap', even 'gear ratio' these three pictures make one page as 'motor par' for the number limit, I really don't understand how can 'gear ratio' be changed ?
3) the voltage to brakes and actuators all are changeable.

Best
Adam
Attachments
seat navigation.JPG
seat navigation.JPG (18.83 KiB) Viewed 8507 times
motor par.JPG
speed calibration.JPG
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 16 Nov 2017, 18:31

Make the M1 and M2 motor Polarity Parameters and Motor swap =1
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 16 Nov 2017, 18:37

I assume that the later 1314 program will not allow connection to your chair?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 17 Nov 2017, 01:22

woodygb wrote:Make the M1 and M2 motor Polarity Parameters and Motor swap =1

Thanks woodygb,

All my three chairs Q1, connection ok, just this one powerbase may wrong some where?
do you have any clue to the error #225 aam missing?

I didn't change any parameters on the motor yet.

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 01:46

Adam,

Sorry to be a pain.

BUT

Can you please confirm that the A1 USB-CANBUS works on the LATER 1314 version.

I'll see what I can find up on the error code.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 01:47

The error code received when the failure happens is #225 (and sometimes #117) : according to the user manual, this error code means "Advanced Actuator Module Missing or Defective".
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 17 Nov 2017, 15:52

Sorry to be a pain.

BUT

Can you please confirm that the A1 USB-CANBUS works on the LATER 1314 version.

I'll see what I can find up on the error code.

Hi woodygb thanks,

Yes, the #225 is AAM missing, just wonder, my last chair had the same error, I disconnected the AAM and programmed the powerbase, fine, this one there are no parameters in the powerbase.

I try to use later version to connect the chair, and got this:

Best
Adam
Attachments
later v.JPG
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 16:40

Have you tried cloning the working powerbase and uploading to the defective one ....I doubt that it will work ,but worth a try.

The later 1314 Software is looking for a specific Vid and Pid that identifies approved or genuine Curtis leads...I think from memory that the A1 USB-CAN use a CP2102 Chip .
It MIGHT be possible to rewrite the VID/PID and drivers to make the A1 USB-CAN appear to be a genuine Curtis lead.

A USB device that is plugged in identifies itself by its VID/PID combination. A VID is a 16-bit vendor number (Vendor ID). A PID is a 16-bit product number ...
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 17 Nov 2017, 17:06

woodygb wrote:Have you tried cloning the working powerbase and uploading to the defective one ....I doubt that it will work ,but worth a try.

The later 1314 Software is looking for a specific Vid and Pid that identifies approved or genuine Curtis leads...I think from memory that the A1 USB-CAN use a CP2102 Chip .
It MIGHT be possible to rewrite the VID/PID and drivers to make the A1 USB-CAN appear to be a genuine Curtis lead.

A USB device that is plugged in identifies itself by its VID/PID combination. A VID is a 16-bit vendor number (Vendor ID). A PID is a 16-bit product number ...

Hi woodygb thanks

Actually how to clone is what I am looking for, I tried load my last chair's parameters file, it becomes same as the new chair's. do you know how to clone?

the A1 USB-CAN is used a CP2102 Chip. are there any new products?

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby laoshanren » 17 Nov 2017, 17:21

woodygb wrote:Have you tried cloning the working powerbase and uploading to the defective one ....I doubt that it will work ,but worth a try.

Hi woodygb
I found this link, see any thing useful?

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 53597.html

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 17:43

On page 2 you will find a post from ......ME :D !

Note ...The Curtis 1309 has been successfully cloned.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 18:02

Adam,

The 1314 HELP file contains info on "Cloning".
What version of the earlier 1314 do you have? ...I have build 36 update patch 6...which came with a configuration .ini file that contains this.

[Options]
AdvancedCloningDefault=1

You can find the version info by clicking on Help then About
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 17 Nov 2017, 18:11

The 1314 HELP file contains info on "Cloning".
What version of the earlier 1314 do you have? ...I have build 36 update patch 6...which came with a configuration .ini file that contains this.

[Options]
AdvancedCloningDefault=1

You can find the version info by clicking on Help then About

Hi woodygb thanks

The version I used as picture:

Best Adam
Attachments
1314 version.JPG
1314 version.JPG (27.21 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 18:28

To enable the Advanced Cloning Option.

Open up the computers registry using regedit ....to do this ...find the Run command and type in regedit.

Search for AdvancedCloningDefault ( It will be under Curtis Instruments -1314 V4 - Settings ) and alter the number from 0 to 1.

Oh! ...please use Woody NOT Woodygb ...the gb is simply added to make the user name "unique" to me and denotes my location...G.B. = Great Britian.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby laoshanren » 17 Nov 2017, 18:40

woodygb wrote:To enable the Advanced Cloning Option.

Open up the computers registry using regedit ....to do this ...find the Run command and type in regedit.

Search for AdvancedCloningDefault ( It will be under Curtis Instruments -1314 V4 - Settings ) and alter the number from 0 to 1.

Oh! ...please use Woody NOT Woodygb ...the gb is simply added to make the user name "unique" to me and denotes my location...G.B. = Great Britian.

Hi Woody thank you,

firstly sorry about the name, my poor English knowledge.

I'll find out the par cloning to solve my chair's error now.

Is the final use a USB or RS232 after cloned of 1309 ?

Best
Adam
laoshanren

Postby woodygb » 17 Nov 2017, 18:53

The 1309 is a USB-SERIAL interface based on the FTDI chip and not a CAN-USB.

It gets complicated ...but it MIGHT be possible to alter the vid and pid of the A1 CAN-BUS to make it seem like it is one of the approved Curtis interfaces and work with the later 1314 version.

NOTE:- It took 3-4 years to solve the 1309 cable.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair