Site Admin

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby atos30 » 09 Jul 2018, 11:13

Thank you! This is a helpful, great community. cheers
atos30

Postby Furio » 09 Jul 2018, 17:23

I had ordered pgdt for some connectors and they replied:

"Before we can quote or supply any parts to you, please can you fully complete and return the attached End User Undertaking and the Annex 1. These all need to be completed on your company letter headed paper.

Kind regards

Sonja Downham
Sales Administrator"

As if these connectors will play a critical role in some banned uranium enrichment plant in North Korea. :fart
Furio

Postby steves1977uk » 09 Jul 2018, 18:17

I can order stuff from PGDT without any hassle. The last few times I've ordered stuff (connector kits and spare knobs for the joystick), they have been very helpful. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 09 Jul 2018, 18:42

Ditto. Just ordered a IO Module recently.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 19 Jul 2018, 20:29

Hi All

Could someone pm me the Pilot plus software f55s 6mph so I assume the 80 amp one.

Cheers Paul
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby Mind The Gap » 20 Jul 2018, 08:34

Thanks
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby wheels » 24 Jul 2018, 05:22

Because these R-Net OEM programmers are becoming more & more difficult to get a hold of lately, I'd like to at least try to setup a location list for where someone local to you in the world has an R-Net OEM dongle available and are willing to let others either borrow, just use on the spot, or even to simply just enable the handy feature of "on-board programming by keycode entry" for them...

I personally can't risk putting mine up on eBay for some type of rental agreement like I've seen other programmers on there, because if something went wrong, then getting a new dongle would be both too expensive and possibly very hard to acquire again now. However in saying that, if someone was local enough to meet me in person, then I'm more than happy to share the usage of mine if it'll help someone make some changes to their chair that they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Just seems a shame that now I've made the adjustments I wanted to make, mine isn't being used at the moment without a safe way to share it. It could also save a lot of people paying out many 100's of dollars, pounds, etc to buy a programmer if they're only wanting to make changes on one chair too.

Anyway is anyone else thinking along the same lines and/or willing to list their city for someone to use your programmer either on the spot or very short-term?? If not, then don't worry.
Personally I'm located on a small but rather unimportant island, called "Australia", and in case one or two of you have heard of it before, I'm in the city of Sydney. If you manage to find it, feel free to catch a ride on one of the regular kangaroo's to get to me.

All the best, Joe : )
wheels

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jul 2018, 08:42

In a place like the US, or Australia, (where about 4 people live across a massive area) thats going to be rather a long way between programmers to travel! In the UK where there isnt far to travel between different towns and a high density of people then its going to be easyer.

But I have here cables and programmers at OEM or better for PG stuff, but not scooters, and R-net. And Dynamic. In Grimsby, NE lincolnshire, UK. And can program stuff for others. And have done dozens of times. But heres the issue. Pressure sores... And the fact that you really need your own anyway, because I change and fine tune stuff even after 22 years! And sometimes I realise theres a better way to do stuff and make big changes.

For e.g, a few days back, watching my carer moving my Salsa about, while not sitting in it, I noticed how jerky it was. I want that response when sat in it, as I am heavy. But not when empty. So I set up an EMPTY CHAIR profile with much less "torque" and lower motor load compensation for that one profile. So it was softer around the starting/stopping point but still instant and delay free. And so also set only one speed, 1.5 mph, for this profile so no speed setting errors... Works well for moving empty chairs around accurately and smoothly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby gcebiker » 24 Jul 2018, 12:31

wheels wrote:Because these R-Net OEM programmers are becoming more & more difficult to get a hold of lately, I'd like to at least try to setup a location list for where someone local to you in the world has an R-Net OEM dongle available and are willing to let others either borrow, just use on the spot, or even to simply just enable the handy feature of "on-board programming by keycode entry" for them...

I personally can't risk putting mine up on eBay for some type of rental agreement like I've seen other programmers on there, because if something went wrong, then getting a new dongle would be both too expensive and possibly very hard to acquire again now. However in saying that, if someone was local enough to meet me in person, then I'm more than happy to share the usage of mine if it'll help someone make some changes to their chair that they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Just seems a shame that now I've made the adjustments I wanted to make, mine isn't being used at the moment without a safe way to share it. It could also save a lot of people paying out many 100's of dollars, pounds, etc to buy a programmer if they're only wanting to make changes on one chair too.

Anyway is anyone else thinking along the same lines and/or willing to list their city for someone to use your programmer either on the spot or very short-term?? If not, then don't worry.
Personally I'm located on a small but rather unimportant island, called "Australia", and in case one or two of you have heard of it before, I'm in the city of Sydney. If you manage to find it, feel free to catch a ride on one of the regular kangaroo's to get to me.

All the best, Joe : )

Hi Joe, i am on the Gold Coast - i either charge a very low fee or do it for free.
I have all of the programmers but not all of the cables for mobility scooters as i mainly focus on power chairs.
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby brycheiniog » 23 Sep 2018, 11:34

Could anybody point me in the direction of the PG drives OEM PC Mobility Programmer? I am building a toylander using the drive train from a Strider scooter with a PG Egis controller and I want to play with the configuration.. Many thanks!

Jonathan
brycheiniog

Postby Oggi » 26 Sep 2018, 17:51

Hi guys,

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I maintain my fathers mobility scooters (he has a fleet of three these days, don't ask me why), all Sterling Sapphire 2's. These contain the S-Drive controllers that I'm struggling with.

At one point a few years ago we replaced one of his controllers and I made myself up one of the programming leads that are described elsewhere on the forum and all was well, communicated no problem with my laptop and all was good. That lead has now disappeared so I made myself a new one (used to be in electronics so no problem), do you think I can get this lead to communicate - not a chance. I've wasted many hours trying to get it to work (loopback test works fine so I assume the cable is OK), laptop appears to connect and load it's drivers (Win 7 Pro), I've tried all permutations of Comms 1 to 8 in both the driver software and the mobility SW (same copy as used before so I'm sure it works). Yet still I get COMMS INACTIVE and obviously that's an issue....

Anybody have any useful suggestions? (drivers maybe? get another lead and try again?)

Thanks & Regards to you all, Mark.
Oggi

Postby woodygb » 26 Sep 2018, 20:11

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 26 Sep 2018, 20:22

Oggi wrote:Hi guys,

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I maintain my fathers mobility scooters (he has a fleet of three these days, don't ask me why), all Sterling Sapphire 2's. These contain the S-Drive controllers that I'm struggling with.

At one point a few years ago we replaced one of his controllers and I made myself up one of the programming leads that are described elsewhere on the forum and all was well, communicated no problem with my laptop and all was good. That lead has now disappeared so I made myself a new one (used to be in electronics so no problem), do you think I can get this lead to communicate - not a chance. I've wasted many hours trying to get it to work (loopback test works fine so I assume the cable is OK), laptop appears to connect and load it's drivers (Win 7 Pro), I've tried all permutations of Comms 1 to 8 in both the driver software and the mobility SW (same copy as used before so I'm sure it works). Yet still I get COMMS INACTIVE and obviously that's an issue....

Anybody have any useful suggestions? (drivers maybe? get another lead and try again?)

Thanks & Regards to you all, Mark.

Have you got a GENUINE FTDI lead or a lead with an "FTDI" chip?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Oggi » 26 Sep 2018, 21:58

Hi Woody, not entirely sure to be honest. Is there a way to tell?

Assuming I have not isn't the loopback test enough to be sure it works or does it leave me open to driver issues?

Regards.
Oggi

Postby woodygb » 26 Sep 2018, 22:04

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 26 Sep 2018, 22:14

“If you manually select an older driver, like 2.08.30, you have to change the driver not only on the obvious "USB Serial Port (COMx)" (ftdiport.inf) but also the corresponding "USB Serial Converter" (ftdibus.inf) listed under "USB-Controller" in the device manager. After changing BOTH to 2.08.30, the chip works fine again. It is easy to see if you list the devices by connection.”
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Oggi » 27 Sep 2018, 16:02

OK Woody, thanks, I'll look into that.

Regards.
Oggi

Postby Oggi » 27 Sep 2018, 17:31

Hi Woody, taken a look, currently both drivers are set to V2.12.28, I seem unable to find anywhere to download a driver V2.08.30, any suggestions where I could find one?

Regards, Mark.
Oggi

Postby woodygb » 27 Sep 2018, 18:42

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 27 Sep 2018, 19:14

NOTE:- That you may maybe able to "roll back " the driver if an old one was previously installed on your puter ...
Also note that you may be a good idea to delete ALL FTDI Drivers before installing the OLD Driver ... To do this use the CDM Uninstaller
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilit ... ninstaller
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Oggi » 27 Sep 2018, 19:54

Thank you sir.

Regards.
Oggi

Postby woodygb » 27 Sep 2018, 19:57

Any joy with the old driver?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Oggi » 27 Sep 2018, 20:19

Hi Woody,

The old drivers weren't any better I'm afraid (well they might be better but they didn't achieve my aim!).

Once I get back from work tmrw I'll sit down with the laptop and remove the old FTDI drivers and install the one you have provided in both locations (I did actually see that one of the internet but the reference to Canbus made me unsure if it was what was needed), currently the pressures of family life are getting in the way of some quality research time......

Will report back either way once tried, and thanks once again.

Best Regards, Mark.
Oggi

Postby woodygb » 28 Sep 2018, 09:55

Have you tried the lead on only one scooter or all 3 ... as it's remotely possible that one controller has simply stopped communicating.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Oggi » 28 Sep 2018, 16:58

Hi Woody,

Have now tried using the driver you supplied, unfortunately I couldn't get my mind around the driver deletion SW you also supplied so that wasn't used but on the upside I have manged to get both the Serial Converter and Com port drivers to both update to 2.08.30.

On the downside it still doesn't work.

On the strength of that I've now ordered yet another lead that advertises itself as using a genuine FTDI chipset so once that arrives I'll remake the lead and try again.

Obviously open to any other suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks & Regards, Mark.
Oggi

Postby FourLions » 28 Sep 2018, 18:19

if your running windows 10 try running the program in 7 or xp ?
Loving my Quickie F55s every day i use it :)
FourLions

Postby Oggi » 28 Sep 2018, 18:50

Hi Fourlions,

Running Win 7 Pro, thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards.
Oggi

Postby FourLions » 28 Sep 2018, 19:07

no problam , just a thought :D
Loving my Quickie F55s every day i use it :)
FourLions

Postby Burgerman » 28 Sep 2018, 19:09

XP is ancient and problematic. And everything works great on 10. If you can drive a computer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair