PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby FourLions » 28 Sep 2018, 19:24

i ment for compat mode
Loving my Quickie F55s every day i use it :)
FourLions

Postby Oggi » 28 Sep 2018, 19:48

Hi guys,

I do run Win 10 on the home desktop but the wife won't let me bring the scooters indoors so it's the laptop in the garage for now....

Regards.
Oggi

Postby Oggi » 01 Oct 2018, 17:59

Hi Woody,

Just an update, received a higher quality lead today (genuine FDTI chipset), made up the conversion for the end and plugged it in, worked first time.

Moral of the story, buy quality components :D

Got mine from here in case anyone else is looking currently and not sure which to buy, I actually bought the 5V TTL version and it worked fine

Website with full details at https://www.avitresearch.co.uk/usb2ttl_ftdi.htm

It's a tad cheaper currently on Ebay from the same people here under item number 302695822326

Thanks for your help & Regards to you all.

Mark.
Oggi

Postby woodygb » 01 Oct 2018, 20:49

Same company that I use.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 01 Oct 2018, 21:47

Oggi wrote:
I actually bought the 5V TTL version and it worked fine

I have never recommended anything other than a 5v version.... the FTDI Number of the cable that I have been recommending is however a little confusing.

The FTDI cable is a TTL-232R-3V3-WE Version 1 cable. Supports +3.3V UART signalling and has a +5V/75mA power output.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby hobbits » 09 Oct 2018, 22:26

Hello,

Would anyone be able to send me the OEM or Manufacturing version of the PC PG Drives S-Drive Mobility Programmer software, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance cheers
hobbits

Postby woodygb » 09 Oct 2018, 22:31

Check P.M.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Gerardus » 24 Oct 2018, 13:18

I' am working on a S-drive 120,type D51120, and made a cable to readout the service port. Does someone know where I can find the protocol for this serial port?
Gerardus

Postby woodygb » 24 Oct 2018, 13:22

There is no "protocol"

There is however programming software.

Check your messages.

Top of the page.

User Control Panel (1 new messages) •
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Gerardus » 24 Oct 2018, 14:33

Thanks!

Would like to readout the status of the scoot mobile every few seconds with a micro controller to monitor the status. Guess have to find out the protocol myself with a RS232 sniffer.
Gerardus

Postby woodygb » 24 Oct 2018, 14:36

Ah....then this MIGHT give a clue.
http://dzlsevilgeniuslair.blogspot.com/ ... drive.html

What "status" are you hoping to read?..as far as I'm aware there is no data flow via the programming port.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Gerardus » 24 Oct 2018, 14:47

I would like to log the fault status as can be done with the SP1 programmer. Like code 3D02, check motor wiring & connections to the controller
Gerardus

Re: DIY PGDT interface for OEM PROGRAMMING

Postby alfiepink » 06 Nov 2018, 18:13

BulldozerDK wrote:
woodygb wrote:Yes ... :)

You need the Industrial software for the SOLO.

I have to ask two questions;

First of, I've tried reading through hundreds of contributions on this site, some of it gives me some insight, but I cannot seem to find a conclusive answer to the two questions I am sitting with;

First of all, In order to make a communication cable for the Solo driver would I need to just take a regular USB-> Serial adapter, connect the 4 pins to each of the 4 pins on the controller or do I need to find the diode and and install it connecting the TX and RX cable to one pin on one of the controller?
Woudl I need to modify the USB->Serial connector in anyway? And how? - or would I just need to use a direct USB cable with no serial adapter in between? Connecting the same parts?

SEcond questions, everywhere is mentioned that for programming the Solo controller I would need the industrial software, but I can't find a single place explaining where to get this software? This might be obvious for some people, but apparently I am lost at this point :)

I am sure that both questions have been answered before in the forum, but I simply can't seem to find the conclusive answers to any of the two questions.

I sincerely hope that someone will be able to assist me creating the adapter and getting hold of the software. - Thanks in advance!

Hi is the industrial software same as manufacturer software for the solo controller as this breeze i have got has this same controllers
Best regards
alfiepink

Postby woodygb » 06 Nov 2018, 19:55

S-Drive is programmed using the Mobility Software & the Solo is programmed using the Industrial software.

I have no idea exactly what your "manufacturer software" is.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby alfiepink » 06 Nov 2018, 20:11

woodygb wrote:S-Drive is programmed using the Mobility Software & the Solo is programmed using the Industrial software.

I have no idea exactly what your "manufacturer software" is.

Hi my mistake. I have the s drive tool. As you knew you got service dealer manufacturer and oem i think

I always assumed that solo was pg and i assumed that manufacturer was industrial. Or have i got it wrong
alfiepink

Postby woodygb » 06 Nov 2018, 20:53

The Mobility software comes as you say in various levels.
Service
Dealer
O.E.M.( original equipment manufacturer )
Manufacturer
Factory

The Industrial Software ...as far as I'm aware... has just the one level ...possibly 2 if there is a Factory level.

Two separate lots of Software and they cover different controller groups.

Both are P.G.D.T
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby alfiepink » 06 Nov 2018, 21:05

woodygb wrote:The Mobility software comes as you say in various levels.
Service
Dealer
O.E.M.( original equipment manufacturer )
Manufacturer
Factory

The Industrial Software ...as far as I'm aware... has just the one level ...possibly 2 if there is a Factory level.

Two separate lots of Software and they cover different controller groups.

Both are P.G.D.T

That kind of makes sense. So will the manufacturer work with my controller ?

If not do you know anywhere i could obtain it please
alfiepink

Postby alfiepink » 07 Nov 2018, 19:19

Hi phones up curtis today as found it online but you have to register a company with them .which i dont have. .i also found out there is an earlier version to this industrial which is version 2.2.15

Does anyone have this floating around I'm no further forward with this scooter i .been thorough all the wire and connections there all good. Had the batteries tested as well today there good
alfiepink

Postby woodygb » 08 Nov 2018, 09:00

Check your P.M.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 09:39

Had the batteries tested as well today there good

Define tested? Takes about 30 to 40 hours to test one properly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby alfiepink » 09 Nov 2018, 19:31

woodygb wrote:Check your P.M.

Received thank you
alfiepink

Postby alfiepink » 09 Nov 2018, 19:32

Burgerman wrote:
Had the batteries tested as well today there good

Define tested? Takes about 30 to 40 hours to test one properly.

O didn't know that this guy has got a battery test and it prints it out weather or not it good or not . After a few minutes. I will take this on board tho.
alfiepink

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2018, 20:34

You can buy those battery testers, many makes. All useless in reality for deep cycle batteries.

To measure Ah, you must discharge them individually at the 10 or the 20 hour rate, and measure capacity in Ah out. After PROPERLY charging them. And discharning to 10.8V typically, see manufacturer specs.

Resistance can be measured as AC impedance by those machines,but the result you get tells you little unless he charged them for 16 hours first and then looked up the correct normal value from the battery manufacturer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby alfiepink » 09 Nov 2018, 23:04

Burgerman wrote:You can buy those battery testers, many makes. All useless in reality for deep cycle batteries.

To measure Ah, you must discharge them individually at the 10 or the 20 hour rate, and measure capacity in Ah out. After PROPERLY charging them. And discharning to 10.8V typically, see manufacturer specs.

Resistance can be measured as AC impedance by those machines,but the result you get tells you little unless he charged them for 16 hours first and then looked up the correct normal value from the battery manufacturer.

Much appreciated for info
alfiepink

Postby alfiepink » 15 Nov 2018, 22:50

Well guy at local mobility shop tried a new set of batteries for it and the board started smoking the rear board. Maybe it got a short somewhere .will investigate more in to it. On the plus side new multimeter has turned up
alfiepink

Postby hughes189 » 24 Nov 2018, 19:49

Hi,

I need to alter the speed of a Sunfire Plus GT. 1sr Gear is too fast for vehicle entry ramp. Reading through this very informative thread I have been able to make the USB > XLR cable with the diode but am having trouble locating the PGDT programming software. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Jason
hughes189

Postby woodygb » 24 Nov 2018, 19:58

Check your messages.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby funchairguy » 27 Nov 2018, 14:12

I am struggling with programming VR2. I bought a FTDI chipped cable and followed instructions here to wire to XLR. Com port selected and yet I get "Comms Inactive". Rolled back the driver and still no joy. I suspected counterfeit cable, so I bought another one. This time from Digi-Key because people have verified real FTDI hardware from Digi-Key. I purchased TTL-232R-3V3-WE as instructed. I wired and triple checked everything (resister, diode, pinout). I updated the port number for the new cable. I still get the "Comms Inactive". Rolled back the driver doesn't work either. I've tried two different joysticks and two different control modules. The second set of joystick and controller are brand new. I suspect that the Mobility Programmer software is not good. The version I downloaded doesn't match anything that PG drives has on their website. Can anyone help me get a known good version of the PG Drives software? I'm using Windows 10.
funchairguy

Postby woodygb » 27 Nov 2018, 14:21

Check your messages.

I assume that you know the Com Port number that Windows assigned to your FTDI lead ?... ( it MUST be a number between 1 & 8 inclusive ).

Also that YOU must tell the software which Com Port number is being used?... click on ..TOOLS ...Comm Port ...select number

Finally ...Is the joystick turned ON?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby funchairguy » 27 Nov 2018, 15:34

woodygb wrote:Check your messages.

I assume that you know the Com Port number that Windows assigned to your FTDI lead ?... ( it MUST be a number between 1 & 8 inclusive ).

Also that YOU must tell the software which Com Port number is being used?... click on ..TOOLS ...Comm Port ...select number

Finally ...Is the joystick turned ON?

Yes sir.
My first cable was com3 the new verified FTDI genuine cable is com4. I have updated approperately using tools menue. Joystick is turned on. I will try the different version of programming software and get back to you. Thank you for the support.
funchairguy

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair