PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 09:47

Well that message mentions c:\projects\ etc. So wat is that all about? Its looking for something or trying to write something there??

Here is EVERYTHING that needs to be in the root of the C drive.
This includes hidden folders and all files, system folders and files, and everything else. I have over 130 additional software programes installed. Nothing else should be or need be in drive C. This system is from 2015... And everything in the universe works great.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 10:00

Likewise, all hidden stuff included here, this is the USER folder.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 10:11

NEW VR2
Brushless cheap chinesium VSI controllers etc all need Ver 16.5

It does the systems below. Note it will not do the older systems, like pilot plus, etc.

So which system do you have?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 10:33

Issue 6.3: Software upgrade.

Diagnostic Information & Help Files Improved

Antirollback Velocity added to S-Drive Parameter List

Torque & Tremor added to Pilot+ Parameter List

Issue 6.4: Software upgrade.

Issue 7: Software upgrade. New control system added.

Compatible with VSI 50, 50(70) & 70A
Pilot+
S-Drive
Egis
And now VR2

Issue 7.1: Software upgrade.

Issue 7.2: Software upgrade. Control system additions.

VR2-L and Dual

Issue 7.3: Software upgrade.

Issue 7.4: Software upgrade.

Issue 8: Parameters Added for the S-Drive 120 & 140 Versions and VR2 Control Systems.

Issue 8.1: Software upgrade.

Issue 9.8.2: Software upgrade.

Issue 10.1.0: Software upgrade. New control system added.

Compatible with: VSI 50, 50(70) & 70A
Pilot+
S-Drive
Egis
VR2, VR2-l and Dual

And now : newVSI
s-Drive MKII

Issue 11.4.1: Software upgrade. New Parameter Added

Motor Stall Timeout

Issue 12.1.0: Software upgrade. New Parameter Added

Invert Throttle Timer

Issue 14.4.3: Software upgrade. New Parameters Added

AFTER THIS, 14.5, 14.6 etc some older systems were removed.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 20:10

Take another look. Just uploaded a newer version that I had forgotten to upload. 14.65 which may be what you need.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby takenaback » 01 Feb 2024, 01:10

I have my system to show all files and folders as well. I don't have any file called C:\projects. I can't replicate that error message the program just keeps flashing between active and inactive. No error message comes up other than the one that occurs when I tried to write to the software from the controller. I suspect it's because it can't maintain a connection. The VR2 I have is old so I doubt the new software is going to make any difference and I can't find your upload.
I actually just managed to write the file from the controller when the arrow turned red. But I got the following error after doing so.

Error Message.png

I am getting a new USB to Neutrik cable made as I think that is the problem. I'll report back.

cheers
Steve
takenaback

Postby takenaback » 16 Feb 2024, 05:07

New cable worked a charm.
cheers
takenaback

Postby woodygb » 16 Feb 2024, 10:40

takenaback wrote:New cable worked a charm.
cheers
:thumbup:
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Modified Mayhem » 19 Feb 2024, 04:47

Good afternoon all , and can I just say what an absolute treasure trove of knowledge is buried among these hear pages of posts. Although to be honest having sifted thru this 61 page post twice and numerous others on here I'm somewhat at my wit's end with a very stubborn and excruciatingly difficult 70amp s-drive controller. I'm hoping you've some suggestions on how I can get this thing to talk to any software at this point having built built near every cable on this site to no avail for this one particular nightmare. From all the ftdi variants (I have a few from amateur radio) ch341's pl2303's cp2102's Motorola rib and ribless cables , tyt wouxon, Kenwood and yaesu cables over many months now & being determined not to let it win but alas it's so far not to be. So short of using one of St micros sample
Motor control codes and mapping / flashing to suit the blasted 7F321 within this pg drives box of frustration. Would you mind gents have any ideas up your sleeves besides what's on here already and over on another forum for buggies. I've even gone as far as trying all the Curtis's programming stuff I could just in case. Though have achieved exactly 0 in making any programming adjustments so far. I know it's definately not anything to do with either cables or multiple laptops PC's from win 95 to win 11 inclusive. (Yes unfortunately amateur radio has this strange thing where you need say an old win xp machine to program a new radio. Motorola I note is very bad for this type of stuff)
I mention this because I've had exactly no problems modifying settings on 2 120 amp series 2 s drives I've got here and a friend's 70 and 45 amp s drive with my now ridiculous collection of cables and multiple variants of dealer version software. I remember reading somewhere back quite a few pages Woody discussing a similar issue with a 45 amp a drive he had a while back and it not wanting to play. Something amiss on the board. So in light of that I stripped this controller back and searched high and low and even removing bits looking for a possible dry joint /fault in the multilayer board.
I'm sorry this is a long post but so has been the measures taken before getting here in order to not let this silly board beat me. Although in honesty so frustrated am I at this it is very tempting at present to throw it under the steel tracks of my excavator and sent it to its maker. I look forward to hearing any suggestions even those to just run 9ver it and be done with it. Pity though it is an near immaculate PCB inside and I'll try upload a couple of pic when I get a chance .
Thankyou all.
Modified Mayhem

Postby woodygb » 19 Feb 2024, 11:45

@Modified Mayhem ...Welcome to the forum.

This is the suggested build for the larger Amps S-Drives that seem to output a slightly different signal.....
https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... 70#p197450

The required voltage provided by the trim pot can vary considerably depending on the USB Cable /Board used in the build.

e.g. A PL2303 based cable that I tried seemed happy at values between 0.8v and 3.6v.

The 70 Amp S-Drive however should not cause any difficulties.

Have you tried the simple TX to RX ...RX to TX Connection ?

indust connect.png
indust connect.png (74.85 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Woody
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Modified Mayhem » 20 Feb 2024, 07:51

Hi Woody,

Thankyou & Pm Sent ,

Yes I've tried your mentioned with the pl2303 And funny you mention the voltage adjustment it appears some ftdi chineseium versions are very unhappy about voltage variations . oh well where's that can of magic smoke when you need it. i'll have a go with your suggestion via pm and see how it goes but i don't hold much hope it seems very stubborn this controller. I was going to upload a image of one such Ftdi but I need to go leran how to do it first. I'll venture back when i'm more learned
Modified Mayhem

Postby woodygb » 20 Feb 2024, 10:59

I think that your P.M. has pin pointed the problem / confusion... I.E. You have misidentified the required software for an S-Drive.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Gregg » 09 Mar 2024, 01:32

Very grateful for the vast amount of info on PGDT devices. Is there still any access to the 1314-4401 sw download so I can try my luck with an A1+ USB CAN debugger? I have a Quantum Q600 base (no seat) with CTLDC 1552 controller model 1750-2009 and NE+ (1751) joystick. I put a tow hitch ball on it and use it to move a small trailer around. It works, but more power would make it really useful.

Reading through these posts I think I learned that I have a CAN bus system, not RS232. If I connect the USB-CAN adapter bus pins to the two small pins in the charger connector on the joystick, set up the com port on the pc correctly and use the Mod files.zip to change the Curtis sw, then I might have a chance at getting the sw to work. Any suggestions welcome.
Gregg

Postby woodygb » 09 Mar 2024, 01:46

See your Private messages.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair