PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2019, 00:43

You can use your existing profile.
You may need to set correct motor compensation. And disable any functions not used.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Jun 2019, 01:04

motor comp. is most likely the same - both 4 pole motors - same motors - just new chair will have 6.5 geared instead of 8.5 if i dont do an upgrade later - so i bet they will be both the same in the motor comp. dept. could be different if using different electronics maybe - so for example VR2 may be set 40 and Rnet 120 is at 30 from default - thats easy if thats all it is - would have to figure out how to use the tilt to set it up from the joystick if i get the chair that way or if i use an external toggle for tilt. all speculation at this point - since i wont know for sure till sometime in Jan. 2020 - things can change and i may just get or go for the Rnet 120 and see if it gets approved. from what i been told and hearing - it may not improve and may have to take the basic chair. or fight it just to get denied and then pay for upgrades - not worth it then - too much -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2019, 09:34

motor comp. is most likely the same - both 4 pole motors - same motors - just new chair will have 6.5 geared instead of 8.5 if i dont do an upgrade later -

Yes same compensation. But faster is a downgrade! :argument
so i bet they will be both the same in the motor comp. dept. could be different if using different electronics maybe - so for example VR2 may be set 40 and Rnet 120 is at 30 from default - thats easy if thats all it is -

Yep.

would have to figure out how to use the tilt to set it up from the joystick if i get the chair that way or if i use an external toggle for tilt. all speculation at this point - since i wont know for sure till sometime in Jan. 2020 - things can change and i may just get or go for the Rnet 120 and see if it gets approved. from what i been told and hearing - it may not improve and may have to take the basic chair. or fight it just to get denied and then pay for upgrades - not worth it then - too much -

Those are technicalities. Its all configurable. You just need to be there (man) asthey say. Trial and error till you figure out how. Or RTFM :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Jun 2019, 16:16

have no idea what RTFM means - 8.5 is an upgrade to me - maybe downgrade for some - 8.5 gets me and does what ever i need it to do - 10mph also feels just fine on the 646 -

but this time around - i may just leave it alone at stock 6.5 - and try it out - to see what i am missing since its been SO LONG that i havnt gone that slow - i would try the hills with the 6.5 - who knows i may just be OKish with one slow chair and have better hill climbing etc, we have to see - i dont like the fact that it will take me alot longer to get to far places at a slower speed.
expresso

Postby woodygb » 20 Jun 2019, 16:21

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby expresso » 20 Jun 2019, 16:41

RTFM - i see - even though - i can read and have before already - but again its new to me setting things up from scratch - reading and understanding it enough to make changes of sorts that its not clear to me is another thing also -

must be great to know everything all the time on ever subject - :thumbup: :clap:

thanks
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2019, 17:54

It was meant to be funny!

I dont know everything. Or even half. Most of what I learned with r-net was trying. And failing in every way possible! You can always put the good working profile back. In the end you figure it out. And if all else fails, I RTFM! :clap Happens a lot. You wont remember 1 percent of it. But when you are trying to figure out whats happening or have a problem, it all suddenly makes sense!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Jun 2019, 18:09

i understand and its true - always should read the manual - i have - not end to end - because i havnt a clue at times what i am reading - but i try to read the area i may be looking to adjust etc, and many times i be honest i dont know what i am reading and what effects it may or may not do - i rather be safe knowing first which means asking here -

i hope i dont come off as sounding bad when i respond also - its not always clear and typing on computer dosnt always come off the way its intended at times. can be misunderstood
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2019, 18:19

When reading it once I dont get lots of it. But then I remember while struggling to wire seating functions or something in the back of my mind that theres something about this in the manual. So I go take a look. Then, and only after getting everything wrong for hours does it start to make sense! So no difference here!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jun 2019, 18:24

You also need to understand that the r-net user manual and OEM software are intended for the ORIGINAL EQUIP. MANUFACTURER. Not us dummies!
Those are supposed to know what they are doing. Although from experience they generally know less than us on here. And end up working with the PGDT techs to figure stuff out. We dont have that advantage but we have time.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Jun 2019, 19:45

yes there is no way to contact OEM Techs etc, - they dont even talk to us at all - nevermind trying to ask a question about touching the programming or changing parts out etc, - and i may not even do it if its too difficult for me at the time - before i start something like that which affects the chairs that i need - i like to be a bit ahead of the game knowing enough that i feel confident to get it done.

or else i wont do it - dont want to risk going from working fine chair to no chair and no help after because i cant call the tech. or have to pay out of pocket tech to fix at that point - but thats worse case - i may have to have someone do it for me anyway - swap out the parts - i cant do that and not sure if my girls can - will have to see when time comes - i have time before i get this new chair - feeling i get is i have a long time - i would have my new pack done and sitting for a while doing nothing till i get this new chair.
expresso

Postby ex-Gooserider » 25 Jun 2019, 01:50

evigh wrote:Ok, but it is limited to 11 km/h right now.. I guess it is turned down right now,, what is the max speed this controller can make?

The controller does NOT 'make speed' - all the controller does is supply a variable voltage to the motor(s), with a limit as to the maximum current that it will provide (per Ohm's law, it won't provide voltage that would make it exceed the current limit, but this is usually not an issue)

Speed is determined by the motor and it's internal gearing.... The speed a DC motor runs at is determined by the voltage applied to it, which is then geared down to drive the wheels.... Most scooters / chairs have 24VDC electrics, so that is the highest voltage possible....

I think 11 km/h is about 4mph if my estimated conversion is right - and this is a common speed for a lot of economy grade devices...

It is possible, but not common, to see the maximum speed turned down in software, especially if the prior owner has limitations that make full speed unsafe...

In that case, the software will have a maximum speed set that is less than 100%, and you will get some speed up by setting it back to 100%.... If it already is at 100% there is NOTHING that you can do in software to go faster.

If at 100% your options are limited to replacing the motor / gearbox with one that turns the wheels faster at 24V, putting on bigger diameter wheels, or going to higher voltage - the controller only works at ~24V, so this would also require replacing the controller....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby dixonm » 05 Jul 2019, 06:25

If anyone has a Permobil F3 could you please copy your profile thru R-Net and post or send through a message.
The factory settings would be fine I can adjust as needed.
Thanks
Mike
AWS- Certified Welding Inspector and Educator
Rolling thru this crazy life I live!
dixonm

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jul 2019, 06:32

You should be able to get the stock, standard crash everywhere stock settings file from your chair manufacturers help line. By email or link in an email. They will want the chairs serial number.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 09 Jul 2019, 03:54

Adverse Effects wrote:
ex-Gooserider wrote:I think 11 km/h is about 4mph if my estimated conversion is right
ex-Gooserider

just so you know its 1.6 : 1 (16Kmp/h = ~10Mp/h)

so 11Kmp/h is ~6.9Mp/h

OK, that's better than I thought, thanks for the correction... And going back to the earlier post, if the chair does that already, it is probably NOT turned down as 6-7mph is a very common speed range once you get past the ~4mph econo-chairs.... (Recommendation here is not to go much over that if running on lead unless very light weight as you are likely to start running into torque issues....)

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby rtammes » 10 Jul 2019, 10:40

Hi Everyone,
I am new at the forum and i am looking for the software to modify my fathers wheelchair.
It has an PG drives-EGIS controller and i understand that i need the PG Drives Technology Mobility PC Programmer OEM Version software to modify it.
I was hoping someone in this forum could tell me where to download it?
I have searched for days but could not find it..
Thanks in advance!

Ronald
rtammes

Postby Burgerman » 10 Jul 2019, 11:07

Check PM.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Celeron433 » 26 Jul 2019, 13:07

Hi @ all,

i have the same problem :roll: My grandfathers urgent needed scooter is broken :( It has a PG S-Drive. For diagnostic the old or programming the new controller i searched tons of websites for solutions. I am hoping somebody can tell me where i can find the software.

I think i too need the PG Drives Technology Mobility PC Programmer OEM Version …!? :roll:

Any help is needed! Please!
Dennis
Celeron433

Postby Ecrepepitude » 06 Aug 2019, 11:17

Hi Folks,
I'm a newcomer to this forum but have been following everything avidly for a few months.

I recently acquired a little used Pride Quantum Artemis (P&G VR2) I like it because it weighs more than I do

so I can hang onto it when I feel wobbly (Parkinsons).

I would love it to steer and respond like burgermans recommendations and to this end I modified

an old Baofeng lead to Woodys design (thank you Woody) and was delighted when it worked (Win7,8.1)

unfortunately I only have the dealer version of the software (PGDT 14.6.0)

I have searched in vain for the oem version.

Can anyone help me drive through doorways instead of into them?

Thanks

Bill
Ecrepepitude

Postby woodygb » 06 Aug 2019, 11:28

Check your P.M.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Scooterman » 10 Aug 2019, 09:55

BM - I seem to remember about a week or two ago you posted an explanation on how to get the QUESTION MARK buttons working in the R-Net software, but I can't remember what thread the post was in?

I was wondering whether I could do the same for the s-drive. Because if I click on one of the question marks or the help button in the menu bar it's opens a microsoft webpage saying that the program isn't compatible with Windows 10? I've tried running the PGDT software with an older version of Windows, i.e. W8 from the Properties diaglogue box but the buttons still default to opening the mircrosoft webpage?
Attachments
sdrive%20throttle.jpg
NB: Attachment is one of Woody's screenshots.
sdrive%20throttle.jpg (30.39 KiB) Viewed 9142 times
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 10 Aug 2019, 10:01

I dont remember either. But you are using a damned apple machine. So I would not even guess how that works.

In windows, in my 64 bit version, I simply replaced one file, (drag and drop) after deleting the LOCKED offending one in windows 10, from a 32 or 64 bit linux or windows boot disk. Such as the windows install disk, the sergei USB boot disk, the backup program I use (free version macrium) which has a boot option straight off the hard disk so just select that on boot, or any method you choose that allows you to drag and drop or copy and past a file. Which every operating system and device allows except apple crap.

So its simple. But apple wont allow that sort of thing because its the obvious easy way to do it. So that stuff is "impossible" or extremely difficult on your dumbed down machine.

I can give you the file, but how you get it where you want it in that rediculous cock up of an operating system would be up to you... :fencing

Just drag/drop this into your C:\WINDOWS\ folder or directory in the 64bit Windows 10, (or windows 8 or 8.1, or Vista, etc) and you are done.
Attachments
winhlp32.exe
(279 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 10 Aug 2019, 10:43

Burgerman wrote:I dont remember either. But you are using a damned apple machine. So I would not even guess how that works.

I can give you the file, but how you get it where you want it in that rediculous cock up of an operating system would be up to you... :fencing

Just drag/drop this into your C:\WINDOWS\ folder or directory in the 64bit Windows 10, (or windows 8 or 8.1, or Vista, etc) and you are done.

Ah but the Apple Store staff give you a round of applause when you buy one of their overpriced products. You don't get THAT at Curry's!!! :fencing

I shall have a go :computer

Also I wonder if Woody has a PDF manual explaining what all the S-Drive parameters mean. I've trawled the world wide wait and found their programming s-drive manual. The r-net and vr2 one's are easy to find, even for me.
Scooterman

Postby woodygb » 10 Aug 2019, 10:44

I think so ....let me look.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 10 Aug 2019, 10:58

Sorry ...nothing useful in my collection.

You need to find a way to read the help files and the exe prog that B.M. gave you is what you need if using a Windows system.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 10 Aug 2019, 11:04

Ah but the Apple Store staff give you a round of applause when you buy one of their overpriced products. You don't get THAT at Curry's!!!

Of course they do.

Why do you think apple is the most cash rich company on the planet? Its because of suckers like you! :thumbup:

Why do you think they can afford an "apple store" and sell products to you that ties you into only their overly complex impossible to use stuff? And wont let you do sod all unless its "their" odball complex way, to sell their stuff in their online store? You are buying badly manufactured overpriced stuff that exists only to sell you more moneymaking stuff. It wont even run anything useful. Thats why you are using windows on an apple machine in the first place... Its for the terminally bewildered gullible computer illiterates in the world. To be best seperated from their $$$.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 10 Aug 2019, 13:49

woodygb wrote:Sorry ...nothing useful in my collection.

You need to find a way to read the help files and the exe prog that B.M. gave you is what you need if using a Windows system.

Thank you for looking Woody :thumbup:

Burgerman wrote:
Ah but the Apple Store staff give you a round of applause when you buy one of their overpriced products. You don't get THAT at Curry's!!!

Of course they do.

Why do you think apple is the most cash rich company on the planet? Its because of suckers like you! :thumbup:

Over the years I've probably paid for a few planks on Steve Job's super yacht.

Burgerman wrote:Why do you think they can afford an "apple store" and sell products to you that ties you into only their overly complex impossible to use stuff? And wont let you do sod all unless its "their" odball complex way, to sell their stuff in their online store? You are buying badly manufactured overpriced stuff that exists only to sell you more moneymaking stuff. It wont even run anything useful. Thats why you are using windows on an apple machine in the first place... Its for the terminally bewildered gullible computer illiterates in the world. To be best seperated from their $$$.

CHEERS!!! :argument

Well I had a go :computer

But there's already one of them files in the windows folder. And when I drag and drop and click replace it tells me I need to be an administrator, so I click continue, but it won't replace the file. The new file starts to drop for about a millisecond then defaults back to the permission box, ad infinitum ……………………………………………………………………….
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 10 Aug 2019, 14:32

Yes. Thats correct. I know there is. Thats why I explained how to do it above. You need to boot from any other operating system because its locked inside of windows to prevent you from deleting it, anything but apple as that doesent allow you to even see the files. Boot from a utility on the hard disk, or on a memory stick, or DVD, or a macrium/ghost/whatever backup utility you use and then DELETE the existing locked file, and then replace it with the new one that is different. Then the old style help will work.

Use a BOOT DISK.

How you do that on your apple machine beats me because the apple system wont let you see the files. I have many different ways to do that here.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 10 Aug 2019, 17:10

I can't do it and I've lost the USB thumbdrive that I used to load windows 10 via bootcamp :cussing .

There must have been a rip in the space/time continuum and the thumbdrive is now in a different dimension.

BUT!!! I thought of a workaround....

Woody - when you get time can you screen shot what the question mark dialogue box says about this s-drive parameter OUTPUT VOLTAGE (VOLTS) 24.

I booted up the programming software without being a connect to the scooter, and the value can be increased above 24 volts. I was just wondering what the PGDT software says the parameter is for???
Attachments
Screenshot%202019-08-08%20at%2009.01.22.png
Screenshot%202019-08-08%20at%2009.01.22.png (18.12 KiB) Viewed 9114 times
Scooterman

Postby woodygb » 10 Aug 2019, 18:00

UNZIP this and run INSTALL as administrator.
winhlp32win10.zip
(171.41 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

From the HELP File
Output Voltage

This sets the value of voltage applied to the motor when the throttle potentiometer is at the full drive position and the relevant speed, forward or reverse, is set to 100%. This feature allows you to choose a motor voltage value such that the scooter’s top speed will remain constant all the time the battery voltage is above that value.

This value can be set between 20 and 28V in steps of 1V

NOTE:- I tried on a dummy profile and it whinged @ 42 volts!!!
Niels Bohr
woodygb

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair