POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: DIY PGDT interface for OEM PROGRAMMING

Postby Burgerman » 03 Feb 2017, 14:33

Baffled!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 03 Feb 2017, 14:36

So... Where can I get a 21pin connector for the DX CLAM module so I can see if my old corroded one still functions! :cry:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 03 Feb 2017, 15:56

Rosstron.com, the U.S. distributor, or Dynamic UK (but the'll probably refuse to sell to you). Kit is a shell and set of pins; you only need to insert those you need for whatever functions you want/have. I have a no longer in use, but old, CLAM here should you need it.
LROBBINS

Postby rover220 » 03 Feb 2017, 16:42

Burgerman wrote:So... Where can I get a 21pin connector for the DX CLAM module so I can see if my old corroded one still functions! :cry:

i can sort one
rover220

Postby stevelawiw » 03 Feb 2017, 19:10

I have a query...

I have 4 levels.
Lite (dealer)
Standard (Enhanced Dealer)
Advanced (OEM) which leaves a good few technical things greyed out...
And Service. I expected "write" as shown in the manual which only allows you to write a fixed profile and not editable. But Service appears instead, and seems to allow access to almost everything including stuff like below, giving us ample opportunity to really stuff things up!!! :D IF it allows me to write this to a controller. It does let me save to desktop. Seems to be a higher level than OEM unless I am seeing things.

I can confirm that the Service level does allow you to write to the controller, and that it is a higher level than OEM.

ADVANCED.jpg

service1.jpg

I'll try this for a while to see if I can get used to it, I get one green light now at 26.4v rather than four(max).
stevelawiw

Postby Burgerman » 03 Feb 2017, 19:58

Set the empty light to 8x 2.7 to 2.8V
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby stevelawiw » 03 Feb 2017, 20:14

Ok I'll try it. It's set to 22.4
stevelawiw

Postby Burgerman » 04 Feb 2017, 13:10

A safe figure is about 3.05v red light if you want a 3 to 5 percent reserve. So set it to stop and cut power at 2.8v. These are unloaded figures.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 07 Feb 2017, 04:53

Hmm.... Would that dongle emulator work on R-net???? Or possibly Curtis/Pride???

ex-Gooserider

woodygb wrote:It would seem that a Dongle Emulator is being used.

http://testprotect.com/appendix/Mk_manual

If you read thru the manual you can see the registration choices that have made by the Dongle Emulator to trick the Wizard program..

E.G.

"DongleType"=dword:00000001

So ... "DongleType"=dword:0000000x - тип ключа
1 - HASP (3,4,HL,SRM)... which is what Dynamic uses.

"Type"=dword:000000xx - модель
0A - HASP4 M1 (deafult)

"Memory"=dword:00000001 - размер памяти
00000001 - 0x80

ETC...
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Micky1964 » 24 Feb 2017, 20:59

Sorry but I am very new to this. Could someone please tell me where I can get a copy of the PGDT oem programmer software. Thanks in advance.
Micky1964

Postby woodygb » 24 Feb 2017, 21:22

Check your Inbox...
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby steves1977uk » 24 Feb 2017, 21:30

Micky1964 wrote:Sorry but I am very new to this. Could someone please tell me where I can get a copy of the PGDT oem programmer software. Thanks in advance.

See PM.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby gcebiker » 25 Feb 2017, 05:15

Hi Micky, you may have an issue that is not 'fixable' with the programmer, as this stuff is for advanced users.

Can you please tell us a little about your self and your issues and one of us will have an idea where to guide you.

Cheers
Tony
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby TestTech » 13 Mar 2017, 15:43

Hey Guys.. I'm a newbie here, and been reading non stop for the past few days.. and trying to find the working version of the PG OEM programmer.zip

Can some one help me out please ? I've got a Pride PWC with a VSI controller that I want to fiddle with.. I'm a Electronics Techy, so the cable won't be an issue, just need the SW..

Thanks in advance. TT..
TestTech

Postby gcebiker » 13 Mar 2017, 23:46

TestTech wrote:Hey Guys.. I'm a newbie here, and been reading non stop for the past few days.. and trying to find the working version of the PG OEM programmer.zip

Can some one help me out please ? I've got a Pride PWC with a VSI controller that I want to fiddle with.. I'm a Electronics Techy, so the cable won't be an issue, just need the SW..

Thanks in advance. TT..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2111&start=40#p31648

oh that might not be the one, please see your in box.
gcebiker

Postby gcebiker » 14 Mar 2017, 00:00

Well check it in about 10minutes, with my upload speed it might take that long to send it - Australia, gotta love having NBN run 50 meters away from your house and not able to access it ....
gcebiker

Postby expresso » 28 Mar 2017, 18:19

A while back i have the original cable from P-G for programming with there Serial to usb adapter - it got bricked the adapter i believe with the fake drivers going around a while back -

so since then - i been using woody's cable - no problems - i figured i get a new adapter so i can at least use the original cable again if ever needed - well i got it - i tried it and cant get it work - very strange i installed the drivers - etc,
comm ports ok - open etc, - but program shows nonactive - on the bottom -

i tried a few more times - reboot - install again - uninstall etc, - then i tried it again and my JS tripped this time around - which didnt before - but still nothing - - i just packed it up to return to amazon - and give up on that cable -

i have woodies which are fine - i just figure i try this again - i never had this problem before when i first got the original cable - just connected it - and it worked - now forget it -

i just wonder why ? could the whole original cable be bad also - ? i feel it has to be just the adapter - i retried Woodies cable and that works fine -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby woodygb » 28 Mar 2017, 21:07

Which USB-Serial adaptor ...there is a thread buried DEEP in the past that references some makes of USB-Serial adaptor having problems with the Original PGDT Programming Cable.

I look for it.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby expresso » 28 Mar 2017, 21:21

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

this is the one i am returning - didnt get it to work - looks very close to the original
expresso

Postby woodygb » 28 Mar 2017, 21:32

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby expresso » 28 Mar 2017, 23:10

woodygb wrote:http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=329&start=0

thanks - theres no solution - with those - best thing is your cable - glad i got two of them just in case
expresso

Postby wheels » 04 Apr 2017, 16:14

Hey guys,

Just in case someone is ever trying to find a download link for R-Net PC Programmer OEM edition and doesn't manage to find my earlier post in a topic about it a long time ago... I luckily still have access to the latest generic OEM version (& a couple of older branded OEM versions too), and happily still provide many people with a download link to it if send me a PM.

When I first needed a copy, it was almost entirely impossible to find a copy of online of the OEM version, due to the fact that they seem to limit access to this version vs dealer one as if it were the source code for top secret national security software!! Anyway through a lot of luck I finally managed to get access and ever since I've tried to give copies to as many others as possible, simply because I experienced how hard it was to get hold of myself. No idea how many people I've sent it to have now sent it on to others. And because I just get an email when I get a new PM and don't frequent the forums much to spot people asking where to find a copy, if I've previously sent you a copy then please share it on to help others in the same situation.

Thanks very much,
Joe : )
wheels

Postby Techguy » 29 May 2017, 23:57

Has anyone modified the D-wiz cable to work with PGDT?

Even as a dealer I don't have access to the cables!
Techguy

Postby woodygb » 30 May 2017, 00:02

The PGDT cables.... other than R-net ... are easy to make ...or I can supply you one.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Techguy » 30 May 2017, 03:41

For sure, they don't look hard at all. I already have a dynamics USB--neurik cable. I was just curious if I could modify it to make it work with rnet since it doesn't seem to work as is.
Techguy

Postby Techguy » 30 May 2017, 05:05

woodygb wrote:The PGDT cables.... other than R-net ... are easy to make ...or I can supply you one.

I just realized you said "other than r-net"

Do I need an OEM dongle for that?

It's amazing how much I don't know...even after a few years as a tech...
Techguy

Postby woodygb » 30 May 2017, 09:06

R-net needs a dongle... and there are different levels of access granted by the type of dongle that you get.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4528

Dynamic requires a dongle for some of it's range ( this dongle converts the signal to standard serial ) and others it is just a simple Serial interface.
Dynamic also have different access levels ... A software hack and self build dongle diagram exists .

The PGDT range of VSi , VR2 ,S-drive ,Egis & Pilot+ ( this includes Qtronix in the States ) needs a TTL Serial cable with a couple of extra components.
NOTE:- The same lead with a different plug and the INDUSTRIAL Software will access the SOLO and others.... It can also be used with the C3 Software.

CURTIS http://curtisinstruments.com/ ...Uses inverted TTL for Comms..but is happy with many Serial - USB leads.
NOTE:- The later 4402 software requires an EXPENSIVE Genuine 1309 USB lead ... a work around for this exists via a reprogrammed FTDI Lead and registry hack.
Also note that the EnAble50 ( Sometimes called Quantum ) Wheelchair controller needs a CAN interface .... again a work around exists for that.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 30 May 2017, 09:14

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby alnwlsn2 » 02 Jun 2017, 06:07

New here,

I have a VSI controller on a Merits brand power chair. It's a small front-wheel drive model that I believe is very similar to the Jazzy series. I just made one of these cables to try and remove some of the ramp up/down software delays. I managed to dig up version 9.8.2 of the level C software, and had no trouble getting a "comms active" when using the diode-resistor circuit described in this thread with a MAX232 ic.

However, something has gone wrong! Before I could get the existing program file on the joystick, it had already uploaded something else and wiped everything. Now, I get the 8 flashing leds when I turn on the joystick.

The cable connection still works, though I cannot view the system log. At first, I was getting a 0402 trip code, which from my research seems to be very bad. However, after I selected checksum correction in the software (why not, it was the last button to push) that trip code went away, and now I am getting a 3A00 error, which seems to mean "incorrect settings." Does anyone have settings for a similar chair?

One more thing: while I seem to be able to change program settings and upload them (data is being transferred along the cable, I can see with my scope), when I download them none of the settings seem to have stuck and it just displays the default template. Is this something with the software? Is there a newer version out there?
alnwlsn2

Postby ejf » 14 Jun 2017, 00:04

OK, my newbie first post here...

I've tried making a cable according to the notes I've found here for a VR2 controller that's about 4 years old. The documentation for my effort is here (in a pdf file about 3 MBytes):

http://www.physics.umn.edu/~frahm/CustomCable2.pdf

The software does NOT connect with the VR2 controller using either COM7 or COM8 on my Windows 7 laptop.

I'm pretty sure my FTDI drivers are up to date.

Is there something obviously wrong about the cable?

Thanks!
ejf

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair