Hyperion

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Hyperion

Postby snoko » 16 Nov 2012, 18:33

Burgerman wrote:Price:

£22.00

I wouldnt use silicon wire it has a fragile covering. Its designed to be heatproof. Models use silly amounts of amps and the wires get hot and melt. We dont need that.

what sort of cables do you use then ?

Unless I just go to Hyperion site and changed the connectors on their charger cables. It doesnt tell much about them though .

snok
snoko

Postby snoko » 16 Nov 2012, 18:50

Burgerman wrote:You just pull the plug from the BT board, then it works as before. Which was more problematic than the BT hookup! Silabs drivers are a mess. You dont need those with the BT board.

Is it necessary to upgrade it ( If Im not using pc ? )

snok
snoko

Postby Burgerman » 16 Nov 2012, 20:01

Update firmware? Yes extremely good idea. Many algo and options fixes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snoko » 16 Nov 2012, 20:23

Burgerman wrote:Update firmware? Yes extremely good idea. Many algo and options fixes.

Once you've modded it what happens to warranty ( Im assuming its no longer valid ) ?

snok
snoko

Postby snoko » 16 Nov 2012, 21:05

I think Ive finally found that bloody wire.

Most of the marine stuff is 20m plus !

snok
snoko

Postby Burgerman » 16 Nov 2012, 22:42

Thats ok for a lithium charge cable. As long as its not too long.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snoko » 17 Nov 2012, 02:06

Burgerman wrote:Thats ok for a lithium charge cable. As long as its not too long.

i should of checked your links... I saw it cheaper there , but I still cant find a damm pipe with a tapered thread ... or a threaded tube ..
esp purdy one like this.

No fasteners sell these in the uk ??

snok
snoko

Postby Burgerman » 17 Nov 2012, 02:45

Why are you looking for threaded tube?

Alloy or steel, or stainless steel? Whats it for?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 17 Nov 2012, 13:49

Yep
LROBBINS

Postby ex-Gooserider » 18 Nov 2012, 09:34

Note - the conversion between the metric square mm sizes and US AWG sizes is not a real straightforward thing, as the sizes don't line up...

BM uses a 10mm^2 wire for his charging leads. This roughly corresponds to an AWG 7, but I've never seen any odd number AWG sizes for sale, they only seem to exist on the dimension charts.... Thus the best equivalent to 10mm is AWG 6, which is a little bigger - or usually you can get away with AWG 8.

AWG 10 is definitely on the light side...

For what it's worth, at least here in the US, the standard terminals for the SB-50 and PP-75 Anderson connector shells, are sized for AWG 6 wires.

ex-Gooserider

snoko wrote:
LROBBINS wrote:Flexibility depends on thickness of individual strands - for same cross section, more strands = more flexible. Multi-strand house wiring cable as you've linked is flexible enough for in a WC IF there are no extended, unsupported stretches. That is, it's fairly stiff but flexible enough to not crack with some vibration. If there are unsupported stretches, however, look for marine or welders cable; much higher strand count and much more flexible. Marine is usually tinned, so more corrosion resistant, while welders cable is the most flexible. Ciao, Lenny

thanks Lenny - think I found some options .

All the welder cable I saw was pretty thick stuff , but I did find this
10 AWG Silicone Wire( not quite 6mm but close )

BTW ** Does the charger still work without using BT once you've modded it ( i.e. so you go back to using usb cables if you want , or it doesnt work ) or are you stuck with BT ?

snok
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 19 Nov 2012, 10:14

This is the latest version as of 19th nov, same as official version, but with timing changes that mean its faster for instant control via USB or Bluetooth.

http://hyperion.dacsa.net/installer.zip

This is always the place for the latest beta software and they always look the same, have same name, and are updated quite regularly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snoko » 20 Nov 2012, 02:45

Im about to order the Hyperion EOS 1420i Net3 Charger but I notice some advertise a 1 year warranty , isn't that standard ? ( Though I guess it wont matter if I mod it )

snok
snoko

Postby LROBBINS » 20 Nov 2012, 10:11

For those in the EU.

If you buy any retail product in your home country, no matter what the manufacturer says you have a TWO YEAR guarantee of conformity and it is the seller who is responsible for making good by repair, replacement, or refund. Apple has recently been heavily fined more than once here in Italy for telling customers that they must buy 2nd year coverage (and is still continuing to do this despite the court rulings).

Ciao,
Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 20 Nov 2012, 17:24

4 chargers. Thoroughly tested. For about 2 weeks here.

Still has a 15 hour limit on discharges, (hardware limit - memory) so Ah testing at the 10 hour rate on PB is important.

Still ideally needs the "quick charge" on LiPo batteries either fixing or removing. Bad idea anyway. So dont use it unless desperate to fly your heli fast!

Still needs the Life / Lipo/ LiCo cell balance being made an option (off!) on store or discharge. Because it UNBALANCES big packs in the middle or bottom. Subsequent recharge then takes forever. Work around, unplug balance cable on discharge if you do this. They will not change this for liability reasons.

PC Software is limited to 65Ah while graphing, on both charge or discharge (new bug) soon to be fixed hopefully. Charger carries on correctly regardless.

+ I would still like an option to choose to charge to greater than 100thC in CV stage on lead, which is default. Because some batteries benefit from going to 200, or 500thC. Or even 1000thC (odyssey) if they are new/healthy, and you have about 12 hours to spare! Been requested. As long as you set a high float, and dont remove from charge once "done" until amps fall to a very low level, like 100Ma then same thing.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 23 Nov 2012, 21:13

Enough religous crap in the charger thread so no more. Also deleted non hyperion, turnbuckle, and other legal stuff since it was all mixed together.

If you want a religous debate start a new thread in the anything bit!

Burgerman.

viewforum.php?f=5

Discussion on the other charger is now all here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2666 And they do an 8 cell one too...

Locked since this was to inform about new firm/software and it turned into anything but, and a religous argument.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair