PINNED - Where to find everything powerchair related

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Where to find everything powerchair related

Postby JoeP » 30 Aug 2016, 17:37

As reported before, it's pretty darn hard-if not impossible- to find in 8 inch tubeless rim in the United States.
I tried to order the Monkey Bike rim on the link that Shirley sent but Google translate was not sufficient to let me complete the ordering process. So unfortunately that avenue led nowhere.

So I just ordered the trailer tubeless wheels & tires that BM used on his BM1 from Towingandtrailers in the UK.
I ordered three tire&wheel assemblies. The cost was about 66GBP to purchase and 110GBP to ship them to New York City.
All in all it came to 176 GBP.

You can buy the wheel only if you don't want the tire. I will continue my search for more attractive Mad Munk aluminum wheels.

BM1 Erde Trailer 102 tubeless tire & wheels
<http://www.towingandtrailers.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_WTER102>

<http://www.towingandtrailers.com/wheel-rim-only-2-50ax8-with-4x115-pcd.html>
Wheel Specification
Wheel size: :- 2.50Ax8H2
Wheel Colour:- Silver
No. of Studs:- 4
PCD:- 115mm
Center Holes Dia:- 85mm
Stud Holes Dia:- 12mm
Offset:- 0mm

Tyre specification
Tyre manufacturer :-Deli tire
Tyre size :-3.50-8
Overall tyre diameter :-380mm
Tyre Type :-Crossply
Ply rating :-4 Ply
Load Index :-46
Max Load Kg :-170
Speed symbol :-M
Max Tyre Pressure :-36 psi
JoeP

Postby Burgerman » 30 Aug 2016, 21:04

Those are not tubeless rims. You can knock a tyre off... Admittedly its hard. Unless at very low pressures.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby JoeP » 30 Aug 2016, 21:30

Burgerman wrote:Those are not tubeless rims. You can knock a tyre off... Admittedly its hard. Unless at very low pressures.

Damn! The seller said they were tubeless rims.
But I'm at a loss for what other U.K. rim would work since MiniBike Craze doesn't seem interested inv shipping to
the U.S.
JoeP

Postby expresso » 30 Aug 2016, 22:58

really - they look tubeless to me - now that i am looking the site over - it dosnt say either way which it is - tubeless or tube -

whats the difference again - it looks like the value is on the rim and its on solid rim - but it can still be used tubeless ??
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby JoeP » 30 Aug 2016, 22:59

Burgerman wrote:Those are not tubeless rims. You can knock a tyre off... Admittedly its hard. Unless at very low pressures.

Yep, went back & checked whether the tire assemblies were tubeless:

Hi Joseph,
The tyres are tubeless.
Weight of the items would be 10.71kg.
Regards,
Lyndsay
http://www.towingandtrailers.com
Tel: 01909 473749

So I gather that from your experience these rims must be "weedy" tubeless tire rims without a proper bead retention ring, sort of like that older image of a tube tire versus tubeless tire which I posted on another thread:
Tube Rim vs Tubeless Rim Ford Forumjpg_Page1.jpg

The rim in the image has the requisite 15 degree slope, but it seems a lack a retention ring.

BM, just out of curiosity, have you ever come across somebody welding a thin piece of rod onto a wheel rim to serve as an 'add on' retention ring?
Googling the notion I ran across a guy who seems to done that on a much bigger vehicle with a 1/8" rod:

Title: Re: tire burping with beadlocks
Post by: greenlion on September 02, 2013, 08:02:17 AM
The problem is the inner bead of the bogger is wide enough to sit on top of the inner bead retention "bump" of the wheel. I had this problem with boggers on single beadlocks. I fixed it by measuring the bead thickness and then welding a piece of 1/8" round rod around the wheel just inside of where the bead sits. On my rims this ended up being just on the outside edge of the bead that was there. I just stitch welded the rod on but then had to go back and silicone the gaps so air wouldn't go by when mounting the tire. This absolutely keeps the tires on. In fact we have to drive the dmax over them now to break the inner bead down.
See http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/ ... ic=27505.0

Having a so called "tubeless rim" without a proper retention ring bump seems to make Lenny's case for using a tough hybrid sealer a lot more powerful.
Joe P
JoeP

Postby Burgerman » 31 Aug 2016, 01:29

Yes. It does.

When drag racing bikes, I had tubeless rims, but it spun the wheel inside the tyre partly because it had about 400 hp, and partly because I ran it at 4 to 5 psi-- ripping the rubber tyre beads up and destroying the tyre on a launch/run. It happened twice. After the tyre fitter used some unknown tyre fitting lubricant. Others had similar issues now and again.

It probably wasn't required, but not being made of money, I decided to fit the tyres myself! And used a contact adhesive as the "lubricant" when fitting the tyre. This was the consistency of dish soap, and was "stringy" if you know what I mean. Easy to apply by finger... http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Impact/6

Clean de-grease rim. Clean tyre bead with a damp cloth using lighter fluid (white spirit). Apply a THIN film of the adhesive to the tyre bead on outside edge, and the inner ring where it sits on the wheel. And a thin film on the rim, where the tyre bead will sit and push up against the edge of the rim. L shaped!

Fit tyre fast. Its essential as it dries in 5 mins. Inflate to the correct pressure or more to seat it. It goes BANG twice. Excess glue squeezes out. Never ruined another tyre. But they are a bitch to get off. You need a professional bead breaker. So take to a tyre place. The same lighter fluid gets all the excess glue off the tyre or rim easily. Old cloth and a good splash.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby JoeP » 31 Aug 2016, 13:29

Burgerman wrote:Yes. It does.

When drag racing bikes, I had tubeless rims, but it spun the wheel inside the tyre partly because it had about 400 hp, and partly because I ran it at 4 to 5 psi-- ripping the rubber tyre beads up and destroying the tyre on a launch/run. It happened twice. After the tyre fitter used some unknown tyre fitting lubricant. Others had similar issues now and again.

It probably wasn't required, but not being made of money, I decided to fit the tyres myself! And used a contact adhesive as the "lubricant" when fitting the tyre. This was the consistency of dish soap, and was "stringy" if you know what I mean. Easy to apply by finger... http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Impact/6

Clean de-grease rim. Clean tyre bead with a damp cloth using lighter fluid (white spirit). Apply a THIN film of the adhesive to the tyre bead on outside edge, and the inner ring where it sits on the wheel. And a thin film on the rim, where the tyre bead will sit and push up against the edge of the rim. L shaped!

Fit tyre fast. Its essential as it dries in 5 mins. Inflate to the correct pressure or more to seat it. It goes BANG twice. Excess glue squeezes out. Never ruined another tyre. But they are a bitch to get off. You need a professional bead breaker. So take to a tyre place. The same lighter fluid gets all the excess glue off the tyre or rim easily. Old cloth and a good splash.

I'll have my tire guy try it!
JoeP

Postby Burgerman » 07 Sep 2016, 09:50

You may need to be a bit more specific, give a few more details.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby JoeP » 28 Sep 2016, 16:21

Screw Head Caps & Bore Hole Plugs
Plastic Screw Head Concealment Cover Caps or Plastic Screw Drive Concealment Cover Caps, Plastic Screw Caps, Plastic Screw Head Caps, Plastic Screw Hole Plugs, Threaded Fastener Caps, Screw Masking Products, Screw Hole Plugs and Fixing Blanks:

http://www.bpfonline.co.uk/search.asp?catid=10795
JoeP

Re: PINNED - Where to find everything powerchair related

Postby Burgerman » 06 Mar 2018, 04:19

Looking for every type and colour of bolt, spacer, on stainless or alloy? For your ultimate powerchair build?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GWR-Fasteners?_rdc=1
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby greybeard » 06 Mar 2018, 23:42

Burgerman wrote:Looking for every type and colour of bolt, spacer, on stainless or alloy? For your ultimate powerchair build?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GWR-Fasteners?_rdc=1

GWR are quick too. Usually next day delivery for me so far and free postage.
greybeard

Re: PINNED - Soldering station for connecting XT60/XT90

Postby Mechniki » 17 Jan 2019, 00:12

Aluminum Soldering Station Insulate - the aluminium/aluminum acts a Heat sink to keep the connectors cooler, as a "hobby" device it's ok, but will only hold tight one connector at a time, though if just making it less fiddly it will hold two male/female of the same type
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
only because I bought one, and XT90 soldering was mentioned. It also does various gauges of cable. Useful for soldering 10 swg to be sure
Mechniki

Postby duke1 » 06 Mar 2019, 14:48

hi all idk if this has been posted before here but these guys are very good prices for the tyres and tubes and do cheap delivery uk 2 heidenau tyres and delivery £35 so i leave the link here,
https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/mo ... c-331.html :dance
duke1

Postby terry2 » 27 Mar 2019, 10:48

Has anyone with a Puma 40 changed the rims?
If so, what did you change them to?

Thanks in advance.
terry2

Postby stefanturbo » 18 Oct 2019, 16:09

Where can I buy a Omni 2
stefanturbo

Postby Burgerman » 19 Oct 2019, 09:18

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby stefanturbo » 19 Oct 2019, 10:23

You mean to try to buy it directly from pgdt?
stefanturbo

Postby Burgerman » 19 Oct 2019, 11:09

Why not? I have many times. Dont tell them you are an end user. Dont ask dumb questions. Just ask for a price. Preferably to the supplier to your own country.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby stefanturbo » 19 Oct 2019, 11:32

Burgerman wrote:Why not? I have many times. Dont tell them you are an end user. Dont ask dumb questions. Just ask for a price. Preferably to the supplier to your own country.

I live in the netherlands where there is not a supplier of pdgt i know about and on the internet I dint find one. Wheelchair dealers are never giving a Omni 2 to me.
stefanturbo

Postby Burgerman » 19 Oct 2019, 15:51

https://support.pgdt.com/Customer-Servi ... nters.aspx

Here

Welzorg Nederland BV
Heathrowstraat 5
1043 CE, Amsterdam
Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)36 545 86 00 | Fax: +31(0)36 545 86 30

Emails : Info
www : welzorg.nl
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby stefanturbo » 20 Oct 2019, 11:01

Burgerman wrote:https://support.pgdt.com/Customer-Services/Mobility-Accredited-Partners-and-Centers.aspx

Here

Welzorg Nederland BV
Heathrowstraat 5
1043 CE, Amsterdam
Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)36 545 86 00 | Fax: +31(0)36 545 86 30

Emails : Info
www : welzorg.nl

I know that company and they are never going to give a Omni 2, because they need some info that only companys have. I looked on the pgdt website and the second dutch company has the same problem.
stefanturbo

Postby cdb0ewm » 25 Aug 2020, 13:33

You have a link where you have posted all your BM3 pictures, scripts, etc. Unfortunately I got a new PC and lost that link.
Please re-post it.
Thanks
cdb0ewm

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2020, 16:44

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 14 Nov 2020, 19:24

https://www.progressiverc.com/collectio ... ors-1-pair

something new - looks like it can be useful for something -- too bad it dosnt have more little pins for balance wires -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby LROBBINS » 16 Dec 2020, 16:39

This will be a long note, but to get the punch line in at the top - if you are ever trying to source motors for a new design, I strongly recommend contacting George [url]sales3@china-bgmotor.com[/url] of Ningbo BG Motor Factory. Now for the long explanation.

For the tilt function of my project chair I had bought a small, 42 mm diameter, planetary gear motor meeting my torque and speed needs. It turned out, however, to be extraordinarily noisy - far too noisy to use in public. At first, thinking that this was typical of cheap planetary motors, I posted an RFQ at Alibaba for a similar size, similar output, low noise motor. I got quite a few replies, most of which did not respond to my specs, but George wrote to me offering to send a test video of a nearly silent motor BG Motor had built for a U.S. customer. It was impressively quiet, nearly silent. However, it was brushless and I needed a brushed motor. George said he could make a brushed version, but that it would not be as quiet - 55 dB with plastic gear, 60 dB with metal. Given that it is a basic design and not engineered for low noise - spur gears, plain bushings for planets and radial ball bearing on output I was skeptical. This was about mid-way through a long series of e-mails back and forth, with George making various suggestions and making sure that he understood what I needed. Obviously not just a run-of-the-mill salesman, but someone with an engineering background actually involved in building motors. The only alternative I was offered, from a different mfr, was a motor designed for low noise - helical gears, which also means needle and roller bearings and heavy cages to handle the axial loads produced by the helical gears - but it was 10mm larger diameter and 30mm longer so would have required a lot of re-design of the lift & tilt. Despite my skepticism, George's price was reasonable (US$ 24.28 for the motor, + US$33.30 for shipping) so I decided to chance it. After discovering how expensive it is to ship to Italy, he even spent more than an hour hunting up an express company that wouldn't add a $30-40 "remote area" charge for delivery to my address (on a national highway all of 25 km from the regional distribution centers of almost all the express companies!).

Paid on Nov. 26, they built one with plastic input gear but it was torque marginal so he asked if he could make mine with metal gear, sent me a test video on Dec. 9 - despite the metal gear it came out at 55 dB - and the motor arrived here on Dec. 14. It is not silent, but the noise level is certainly acceptable. Visually it differs from the awful one in two ways that might have lowered the sound level: the motor itself is 8mm longer and lower RPM and the commutator is fully enclosed rather than ventilated. In the meantime, however, I became suspicious that the awful one was not noisy by design, but defective, so I did a tear down. Quiet at no load, horrid just touching the output shaft, and no grease in the 1st stage! I didn't see any obvious damage, but adding grease didn't help so the gears were probably AFU.

Sourcing stuff has been my biggest obstacle as a hobbyist wanting just 1 or 2 of an item. George was remarkably patient and thorough for a small-ticket sale with no prospect for it becoming an industrial-sized order. Ningbo BG http://www.china-bgmotor.com/ produces a very wide array of motors so if you are every searching for something special, they, and especially George, might be the place to look.
LROBBINS

Postby woodygb » 29 Apr 2021, 15:05

Here is a link to a Dutch supplier that MAY have some bits and bobs available that are difficult to find / obtain.

https://www.warmex.net/en/webshop/onder ... nning=5823

https://www.warmex.net/en/webshop/onder ... l?cat=1091
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby fishinjunky » 15 Dec 2021, 14:15

are these cable sizes sufficient for a 8s x 230ah pack?

6awg for connecting the cells instead of using bus bars.

10awg for charging cable.

10awg for cable going from battery pack to power module.

thank you,
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby fishinjunky » 15 Dec 2021, 17:12

fishinjunky wrote:are these cable sizes sufficient for a 8s x 230ah pack?

6awg for connecting the cells instead of using bus bars.

10awg for charging cable.

10awg for cable going from battery pack to power module.

thank you,

Wrong thread banghead sry
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Postby greybeard » 06 Jan 2022, 12:44

This is a link to a very helpful guy who 3d prints a comprehensive variety of joystick handles for the US market in his spare time. I ordered from the UK and paid the shipping as I could not find exactly what I wanted in Europe. High quality stuff.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OldLucasWorks
greybeard

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jan 2022, 13:43

I might add that if you need that then you have no choice. Many of those mean that you will be putting much more force though and onto the tiny gimble and relatively fragile joystick. So centerning errors and going out of calibration or even bending the internals is a bigger risk. They are not designed for those sort of loads. Fortunately they know this and make a HD joystick specifically designed to take those types of handles with the weight of your arm leaning on them. Unfortunately not cheap. But should be added to your chair prescription on the order form if you are not the one paying.
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair