Where to find PGDT programmer software

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Where to find PGDT programmer software

Postby woodygb » 02 Sep 2016, 17:53

I suspect that you or someone has been "playing" with the motor on the left hand side.

Simply swap the wires over on the left hand motor.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby LROBBINS » 02 Sep 2016, 19:56

Woody is right - this is exactly what happens if the polarity of a motor is reversed! Could be swapped wires, or even reversed in programming.
LROBBINS

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 09:56

Yes, both method worked!!!
and faced a new problem.... left side is slower than right side when forward .... left side is faster than right side when reverse... I try swap controller left port to right and right to left .. it nothing change...
All expert out there got any suggestion.. :( :(
somsak

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2016, 09:59

I think we need more information.
History, taken apart? New parts? Etc.

It sounds like the sort of thing you would get if someone reassembled a joystick with the joystick itself 90 degrees incorrect. So as you push forwards it really turns. Which is why you needed to swap the motor polarity.

So, what?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 10:29

before this, the motor was over heat.. after cooling down this problem happened.. then I sent motor for repair and no more overheat but still have rotation problem.. Problem still unsolve after replacing a new joy stick.
somsak

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2016, 10:31

Then logically it was connected reversed polarity. And it is Either now performing differently due to fault, winding, gear ratio compared to the other one.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 10:40

somsak wrote:before this, the motor was over heat.. after cooling down this problem happened.. then I sent motor for repair and no more overheat but still have rotation problem.. Problem still unsolve after replacing a new joy stick.

You had the rotation problem immediately after the motor was replaced?
You then replaced the joystick in an attempt to solve the motor rotation problem?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 10:45

I think this motor faulty because I replace a new controller the problem still unsolved. What your opinion??
somsak

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 10:48

woodygb wrote:
somsak wrote:before this, the motor was over heat.. after cooling down this problem happened.. then I sent motor for repair and no more overheat but still have rotation problem.. Problem still unsolve after replacing a new joy stick.

You had the rotation problem immediately after the motor was replaced?
You then replaced the joystick in an attempt to solve the motor rotation problem?

Rotation problem after motor cooling down before repair.. and after repair. yes I attempt to solve by replace joystick.
somsak

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 10:50

TELL US EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED ...WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND IN THE ORDER YOU DID IT.

Also what is the chairs control system.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 10:51

Rotation problem after motor cooling down before repair
...Weird! ...that's a new one on me!

I suppose it's possible that the magnets have become demagnetised and then remagnetised by the motor overheating.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 11:00

woodygb wrote:
Rotation problem after motor cooling down before repair
...Weird! ...that's a new one on me!

I suppose it's possible that the magnets have become demagnetised and then remagnetised by the motor overheating.

My control system VR2 70A 1 actuator
somsak

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 11:43

woodygb wrote:TELL US EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED ...WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND IN THE ORDER YOU DID IT.

Please answer the above ...also include any other information ... e.g. has ANYONE else "looked" at your chair or "helped" ... have you taken the pod apart etc etc.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 12:57

woodygb wrote:
woodygb wrote:TELL US EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED ...WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND IN THE ORDER YOU DID IT.

Please answer the above ...also include any other information ... e.g. has ANYONE else "looked" at your chair or "helped" ... have you taken the pod apart etc etc.

On Oct 2015 I and my cousin do maintainance on this wheelchair. We replace a broken bearing on drive shaft in gearboxes. We careful dismantle, replace broken bearing, put in grease and assemble back.
Everything going smooth until last week the bearing broken again. We do the same step like previous and we didn't any part inside motor. We just change bearing in gearboxes. After assembling gear in it place we manually rotate the shaft is rotate smoothly left and right. Then we assemble it to the motor and try run motor. At that time we didn't notice the rotation direction but the shaft is rotate ( still no tyre fix in at that time). Then the motor become hot. We fix in both tyre and wait until the motor cooldown then try run again then we notice incorrect rotation direction.

We again dismantle the gearbox and check again and again. It nothing wrong with gear. There is no way to assemble gear wrongly because only 2 pieces of gear and only one way to fit it. We assemble again and test it but not ok. We decide to send motor for repair. After back from repair we try again and still not ok. I start google for help and found this forum.
I'm personally use this wheelchair. This my full story.
somsak

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 13:07

This my full story.

Not quite....
yes I attempt to solve by replace joystick.

Just the "joystick" or the pod?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2016, 13:35

For the motor to run the wrong way you must have either reconnected it polarity reversed. Or assembled the gearbox incorrectly in some way.

For the motor to now get hot it must now be overloaded or hard to rotate. So brake not reconnected, or failed and not releasing, or gearbox assembled incorrectly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 13:45

woodygb wrote:
This my full story.

Not quite....
yes I attempt to solve by replace joystick.

Just the "joystick" or the pod?

complete set of vr2 joystick not pod inside
somsak

Postby somsak » 03 Sep 2016, 13:51

Burgerman wrote:For the motor to run the wrong way you must have either reconnected it polarity reversed. Or assembled the gearbox incorrectly in some way.

For the motor to now get hot it must now be overloaded or hard to rotate. So brake not reconnected, or failed and not releasing, or gearbox assembled incorrectly.

Now the motor is running correct way and not hot anymore. Just problem with speed of motor... When push forward LEFT slower than RIGHT... When pull backward LEFT faster than RIGHT..
somsak

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 14:47

I agrre with B.M. the problems are of your own creation / mistakes ...nothing really bad ...but we need to resolve them by finding out EXACTLY what has been done.

IMO

The speed difference seems to indicate that you have the TURN - L/R channel on the FWD/REV .... hence my question about the joystick.

Question.

WHY did you change the pod?

IF you switch the motor wires back ...could you drive correctly with the POD turned 90 degrees?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2016, 15:12

That was what I suspected. The joystick is rotated 90 degrees...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 15:30

Depending on your answer.

You could try swapping the wires back and putting your old pod back on .
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ruffster893 » 03 Sep 2016, 18:07

Hi there, quick question if I may...
My Dad has a couple of pride scooters, one (Pride Celebrity X) has an intermittent fault where it won't run.
I found it had a Curtis controller, and after much googling I built a lead and with a copy of 1314 I connected to it today to work through the error history. Seems to be the wigwag pot so I've increased the throttle deadband from 15% to 20% and I'm hoping that will cure it.
Anyway his other scooter has a really short time between closing the throttle and the brake coming on (he's nicknamed it 'Jerky') so I thought I'd connect that up and increase the brake delay a little and look at the decel settings - only to find that it must be a PG controller (I can't find a model label but googling suggests it is (scooter is Pride Legend XL8)). This lead plugged in and said communication error with the 1314 software so I'm wondering whether the lead might work with the PG software or do I need to start reading up on PG leads from the top?

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks, Will
ruffster893

Postby LROBBINS » 03 Sep 2016, 19:04

Not sure about the idea that the pod was turned 180o. Another possibility is that (1) the reversed behavior of 1 motor was caused by a software reversal, then (2) reversing the wires got it going in the right direction by making left motor turn clockwise even though the controller was telling it that it was going backwards. Reverse speed is often set lower than forward speed, and now the left motor (that thinks it's going backwards but is actually going forwards) will turn more slowly than the right one.
LROBBINS

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 19:33

@Rufster the Curtis lead will NOT work on the PGDT controller.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 19:39

LROBBINS wrote:Not sure about the idea that the pod was turned 180o. Another possibility is that (1) the reversed behavior of 1 motor was caused by a software reversal, then (2) reversing the wires got it going in the right direction by making left motor turn clockwise even though the controller was telling it that it was going backwards. Reverse speed is often set lower than forward speed, and now the left motor (that thinks it's going backwards but is actually going forwards) will turn more slowly than the right one.
Lenny I think that it is unlikely that the software developed a cliche....at the moment it appears to be a simple rebuild /wiring mistake compounded by various "fixes". We do not as yet have the full picture .... i.e. we do not know why the pod was changed.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby LROBBINS » 03 Sep 2016, 21:02

Are you sure that while fiddling with other things he didn't also fiddle with the user settings?
LROBBINS

Postby woodygb » 03 Sep 2016, 21:12

IF he/they had some software then perhaps it's possible ... hence the question further up the thread.

What EXACTLY have you done....
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ruffster893 » 03 Sep 2016, 23:35

@woody - thanks for the reply I'll read up on leads! Please could you point me in the best direction to get the software - thanks!
ruffster893

Postby ex-Gooserider » 06 Sep 2016, 04:34

Keep in mind that your scooter / chair has two different braking systems...

1. The PARKING brake - intended ONLY to keep you from rolling if the chair is already stopped. It will NOT stop a moving chair (unless it malfunctions) this is the click or clunk that you (should) hear when starting and stopping... It is a 'deadman' solenoid operated brake where the solenoid turns OFF to engage the brake - like when you stop or turn the power off.... When you try to move, the first thing the controller will do is apply power to the solenoid and release the parking brake...

2. The 'regenerative' braking system - which works only when the chair is moving... Motors are also generators, and if the chair is trying to go faster than what the controller is telling it to (when you release the throttle) the motor acts as a generator and tries to recharge the battery

On the chair with the bad pot, I'd consider changing the programming to be only a temporary fix. The RIGHT fix is to replace the wig-wag....

On the jerky chair - is the brake action from the parking brake (it shouldn't be) or the regenerative braking? If you are hearing a click as the chair jerks, it's a parking brake problem. If not it's regen. The fix for that is to look at the delay, but also the RATE at which the brake is applied - if it is t
to high then you will jerk just as if you stomped the brake pedal in your car instead of feathering it....

ex-Gooserider

ruffster893 wrote:Hi there, quick question if I may...
My Dad has a couple of pride scooters, one (Pride Celebrity X) has an intermittent fault where it won't run.
I found it had a Curtis controller, and after much googling I built a lead and with a copy of 1314 I connected to it today to work through the error history. Seems to be the wigwag pot so I've increased the throttle deadband from 15% to 20% and I'm hoping that will cure it.
Anyway his other scooter has a really short time between closing the throttle and the brake coming on (he's nicknamed it 'Jerky') so I thought I'd connect that up and increase the brake delay a little and look at the decel settings - only to find that it must be a PG controller (I can't find a model label but googling suggests it is (scooter is Pride Legend XL8)). This lead plugged in and said communication error with the 1314 software so I'm wondering whether the lead might work with the PG software or do I need to start reading up on PG leads from the top?

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks, Will
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby somsak » 06 Sep 2016, 16:43

woodygb wrote:I agrre with B.M. the problems are of your own creation / mistakes ...nothing really bad ...but we need to resolve them by finding out EXACTLY what has been done.

IMO

The speed difference seems to indicate that you have the TURN - L/R channel on the FWD/REV .... hence my question about the joystick.

Question.

WHY did you change the pod?

IF you switch the motor wires back ...could you drive correctly with the POD turned 90 degrees?

I sent both side motor for checking, the coil is faulty. After re-coil the motor is back to NORMAL... :D :D
Thanks to everybody who try to help me.
Re-coil is much much cheaper than new motor. Is about 15% of new motor
somsak

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair