Where to find PGDT programmer software

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Where to find PGDT programmer software

Postby frogsuk » 17 Sep 2016, 18:58

woodygb wrote:Pic that may help if you take the pod apart ...it shows the location of a black locking oval pin that should be depressed to allow the board to slide out to gain access to the various activation pads on the reverse side.
VR2 POD maze.jpg

Thanks. Right got it removed with help from your info :) and this is it:

All cleaned but still no life :( I've looked at the PCB but can see now blown parts either.

You mention "Home brew software" Any chance of pointing me in the right direction for this please?

Thank you again
frogsuk

Location: A Scott with an English accent, living in South West Wales!

Postby Burgerman » 17 Sep 2016, 19:04

You must clean the oxidized metal that the rubber presses against with a scotch bright cloth or similar.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 17 Sep 2016, 20:13

mazz.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 16 Apr 2017, 18:06

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby steves1977uk » 17 Apr 2017, 17:19

Don't think it's possible to make a serial cable since the original PGDT one has a custom made PCB inside the DB9 plug. An USB cable is the easiest option nowadays.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby ex-Gooserider » 18 Apr 2017, 00:07

You can't do a standard serial cable to connect to the P&G stuff, as the protocols are different... The serial cable on a PC uses RS-232 which is (among other details) a two wire protocol, with separate TX and RX wires... The P&G stuff uses a single wire protocol with all the signals on one wire. The 'official' P&G programming cable had a custom board in it that did the protocol conversion.

This board was the subject of some reverse engineering effort, and Woody (among others) figured out that it was actually possible to produce the P&G signals directly with a properly modified USB-Serial cable - see the thread he referenced for details....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby woodygb » 20 Apr 2017, 15:12

memturbo wrote:yes read the articles tried to sign up 2 months ago thru that site did not approve my request can't download anything,

Would someone be willing to share their username/password ?

Found nothing about straight to serial connector just usb .

Have you checked your personnel messages?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Squanto » 09 Dec 2017, 13:32

I have been a Lurker on here for a year or so, and finally bit the bullet and signed up!

I am building a modified chair like the BM3 but as Quicie F55 are like Rockin Horse Teeth, I have gone for a Kymco K-Active as my Base model - cheap too when new and still being made, chassis is almost identical to F55

Now I have several chairs all running on Penny & Giles controllers mostly VSI & VR2 which I would like to program.

Where can I get the Programming software preferably OEM version ???

I have got many FTDI & Chinese Serial to USB leads (from Arduino and model helicopter Gyros)

Many Thanks

Mark Squance :dance
Plymouth, England.
Squanto

Postby elryko1992 » 09 Dec 2017, 13:44

Check your PM Squanto.
elryko1992

Postby Squanto » 10 Dec 2017, 10:29

I have gotten a copy of PG Drives Technology Mobility PC Programmer 14.4.3 OEM Version

I have it here if you want a copy of it please PM me

Many Thanks
Mark Squance

Squanto wrote:I have been a Lurker on here for a year or so, and finally bit the bullet and signed up!

I am building a modified chair like the BM3 but as Quicie F55 are like Rockin Horse Teeth, I have gone for a Kymco K-Active as my Base model - cheap too when new and still being made, chassis is almost identical to F55

Now I have several chairs all running on Penny & Giles controllers mostly VSI & VR2 which I would like to program.

Where can I get the Programming software preferably OEM version ???

I have got many FTDI & Chinese Serial to USB leads (from Arduino and model helicopter Gyros)

Many Thanks

Mark Squance :dance
Plymouth, England.
Squanto

Postby rodv » 27 Jan 2018, 23:40

Hello

I´m from Quito-Ecuador. My nephew has a power wheelchair with a PGVSI 4 key joystic. The wheelchair isn't working and the flash code doesn´t match with any in the PG documentation of Curtiss website. I think using the PC programmer tool can help me to fix it, In this forum I could find documentation for the interface cable but I couldn´t find information about how to get the software, can anyone help me?

Where can I get the PC Programming software preferably OEM version or can you help me with the userid and paswword in order to get it?

Best Regards
Rodrigo
rodv

Postby woodygb » 27 Jan 2018, 23:55

How can the flash code not match ANY of these?

http://support.pgdt.com/Online-Diagnost ... -Code.aspx

Also check your messages.

EDIT.

Is it perhaps a calibration code flash sequence?

http://support.pgdt.com/Servicing-Instr ... stick.aspx

This may indicate that the joystick plug has become disconnected.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Stekken » 17 May 2018, 07:11

Hello

I would like to ask you how to get access to the program.
I have a P.G. Drive S90 Controller-mounted mobility scooter and I want to read the error code. (Can I read it?)
I read about making a cable, I think it would not be a problem to do it, but I have no software.

Thank you very much
(I apologize for my weak English knowledge.)
Stekken

Postby Spaartje » 13 Jun 2018, 13:36

Hello,

Im new at this forum.

i am searching for pgdt programmer software. I cant download it from the links posted in this forum because i need a username and password. banghead

Can someone tell me where to find this software? :worship

greets,
Peter
Spaartje

Postby jazz55 » 26 Jun 2018, 12:14

Hi Everyone,

Would it be possible for someone to send me the link to the programmer for s drive please?
I have a Kymco scooter which apparently needs a new ECu. My son has bought one but needs this promgrammer to update it.

Thanks you
jazz55

Postby lakonas » 17 Apr 2019, 05:40

Hi guys,
I'm looking for the mobility scooter programming software for the Solo controller.
Thanks in advance!
lakonas

Postby Smitty62 » 20 Apr 2019, 00:35

Hello
can anyone point me to programing software for a jazzy 1100, Pilot Controller D49637

thank you
Smitty62

Postby KineticTech » 20 Apr 2019, 02:22

Just an idea... I ran into something like that setting up an Invacare MK6 v2.2.2 software for a joystick. This software does install on a SD card with a Windows app (that does run on Windows 10) and allows you to insert the card into the joystick or their display add on and both save and load settings.

Tried the same thing with 8.3 filenames = no luck... and the Windows software would blue screen Windows 10! When I went back and looked at the format on the SD card I saw it was FAT32. Once I reformatted to FAT everything worked fine.

Just might give you something to noodle on and solve the mystery.

- Kevin
KineticTech

Postby woodygb » 20 Apr 2019, 14:25

Smitty62 wrote:Hello
can anyone point me to programing software for a jazzy 1100, Pilot Controller D49637

thank you

That PILOT is OLD ...and I don't believe that "we" can point you towards the software required for it.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 20 Apr 2019, 14:26

lakonas wrote:Hi guys,
I'm looking for the mobility scooter programming software for the Solo controller.
Thanks in advance!

You require the INDUSTRIAL software for the Solo.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ex-Gooserider » 23 Apr 2019, 06:34

Never tried it, but supposedly the software for Pilot+ is also SUPPOSED to work on the older Pilot 'all in one' controllers.... At least that's what the docs say... Even if it does work, no idea about what adjustments you might be able to do, as I've found some differences even in different vintages of Pilot+ controller...

ex-Gooserider

Post by woodygb » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:25 am

Smitty62 wrote:
Hello

thank you

That PILOT is OLD ...and I don't believe that "we" can point you towards the software required for it.
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby alfiepink » 01 Aug 2019, 19:26

Hi can anyone help me looking for the pg oem programmer for a vr2 controller wheel chair .it has joystick d50677 with a 3 pin plug underneith it intermittant sometimes it will go and other times it wont . i beleive the joystick is at fault but id like to rule it out first i have made a lead up using the ftdi genuine best regards
alfiepink

Postby woodygb » 01 Aug 2019, 19:31

P.M. sent
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby alfiepink » 01 Aug 2019, 20:18

woodygb wrote:P.M. sent

hi many thanks received link . have you got a link up on how to make the end of the cable up . i think i gone wrong best regards
alfiepink

Postby woodygb » 01 Aug 2019, 22:33

Here is a pic ...this one shows a 33k resistor ..it was previously a 47k ...but either should work or any value in between.Image
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby alfiepink » 09 Aug 2019, 18:59

Hi just an update here struggled to read the chair how ever i took the joystick apart on the off chance and the grey cable inside what connects the joystick to the circuit board the connection had worked it way loose . i just plugged it back in put it all back together and it works im able to read it better now . many thanks
alfiepink

Postby volv8 » 11 Sep 2019, 08:26

Hi guys.
I'm looking for the mobility scooter programming software.
anybody please help.

Best regards Kim
volv8

Postby PrinzBibbi » 03 Oct 2019, 19:34

Hi everybody,
for a 1off hobby project, I need to change the "Throttle Potentiometer Configuration" of a donated PG I-Drive controller (24V/70A) from „Wig-Wag“ to „Single-Ended+REV switch“ and safely adjust the max. FWD and REV speed settings to my actual hardware.
Soldering a suitable USB programming cable from the various valuable information in this forum should be no problem, but can someone pls. guide me to a functional download link for the "PG Mobility Service PC Programmer“ software?
Many thanks for your kind assistance ...
PrinzBibbi

Postby woodygb » 03 Oct 2019, 20:01

Check your messages.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby REM » 31 Oct 2019, 00:46

Hi friends I am looking for the PG programmer for VR2 controller. I can't find it anywhere all links were dead can you help me?
REM

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair