PGDT SP1 vs pp1 programmer

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PGDT SP1 vs pp1 programmer

Postby Porkchops » 13 Dec 2016, 23:29

Oh ok my chair is about 2 years old and and tried three different software versions i tried the latest dealer version from curtis wright and also a v8 and v14 of the manufacturing software. The cable was supplied from curtis wright about a month ago. Hope you can shed some light on this small but annoying problem
Porkchops

Postby Porkchops » 13 Dec 2016, 23:32

and also sorry i was supposed to say trip logs if that helps
Porkchops

Postby woodygb » 13 Dec 2016, 23:50

Strange why the PC Software doesn't work and the handheld does... perhaps your install of the PC software is at fault.

Any complaints from the PGDT Software on start up ... e.g. Unable to open COMMs port or something similar?

The Curtiss lead came with a USB - Serial adaptor? .... did the ( FTDI ? ) drivers install correctly?
FTDI recently ( Feb 2016 ) updated their drivers to deal with counterfeit chips ...it maybe worthwhile picking an earlier driver.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 14 Dec 2016, 00:57

This almost always comes down to a comm port configuration error.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Porkchops » 16 Dec 2016, 12:26

a quick update i've managed to read and clear the logs on the gochair with the pc software but have to program with the pp1 as the pc still will not read that.
Porkchops

Postby woodygb » 16 Dec 2016, 12:37

Weird!

Can you take a screenshot of the connected controller / PC software and post it.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby kungfuwitch » 22 Jul 2020, 20:27

I know this is an old thread but I wonder?

I purchasedWoodygb'programming cable, to hopefully 'take a look at' and maybe change some of the parameters on am S-Drive mobility scooter controller. (See pic) This was over a year ago now and I can't find any software to address this on a pc. Can anyone help out any? I'm being run around in circles @ Curtis Wright as it seems I would have to register and purchase some proprietory tools. To get further along with this. I am limited in how long I can spend down rabbit holes because of disability. So if anyone can provide an actual downloadable source for the pc software. I would be indepted.

P.S Woody's cable is on the left and I thought I also possibly needed the extra cable on the right. But I can't think why off hand. :oops:

Many thanks ahead!
Attachments
Woody's cable.jpg
kungfuwitch

Postby woodygb » 22 Jul 2020, 20:35

You have a P.M. ( private message ) ...and you do not NEED the extra cable on the right....but it maybe useful should you wish to extend the programmers plug in point so that it is outside of the scooter cover.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair