DWIZ-ADAPT

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2022, 12:01

The only ay to know the motors actual speed is to ask the scooter manufacturer if that motor is 4, 6 or 8 mph.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby svhashemii » 24 May 2022, 15:00

[quote="woodygb"]Vero / stripboard version of Anubis schematic.... note there is a small mod to the original schematic.

This fits into a 9v PP3 Battery holder box.

Wizard_orange_programmer.jpg

dynamic dongle schematic jpega comp.jpg

Hi everybody,
Thanks for sharing the designed schematic of DWIZ-Adapt.
I tested it and used, it works very well but it's much better to replace R5 (820 Ohm 0.5w) resistor with two 10k ohms of 1/4 watt resistors in parallel!
You don't need a Heater beside your programmer, Right? :angel:
Regards,
svhashemii

Postby Porkchops » 08 Aug 2022, 15:41

Hi does anyone have the PCB file to order some boards as the link is not working?

http://dirtypcbs.com/view.php?share=16657&accesskey=

anubis801 wrote:Finished!
I got 10 PCB's left over, if anyone is interested in a bare PCB send me a PM.
Porkchops

Postby woodygb » 08 Aug 2022, 16:11

I would suggest building this version.

Note that you MUST use the USB -TTL Adapter type shown in the pic.

a2NDresist dual dynamic pgdt.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Porkchops » 08 Aug 2022, 19:45

Ok I'm going to give it a go could give an example of the z1 diode and schottky diode just so I order the correct ones please
Porkchops

Postby woodygb » 08 Aug 2022, 22:05

9.1v Zener BZX85C9V1

Schottky diode either BAT85 or 1N5711 have both worked fine for me.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby fabrasil » 13 Dec 2023, 22:31

Hi there!

Someone had this circuit? Oor pcb tos sale?

Thank

anubis801 wrote:Well since it is my own design and not a copy or imitation of the original I guess It is OK to share it with you.
Tested on a Rhyno2 controller.

You can order the PCB here.
http://dirtypcbs.com/view.php?share=16657&accesskey=

Just a word of caution!
NOT for medical use!
This board is EXPERIMENTAL and I designed it for the love of electronics and robots building hobby.
This is NOT a Dynamics product, nor am I in any way related with the company.
Use at your own risk!
fabrasil

Postby woodygb » 13 Dec 2023, 23:11

Why not try the simpler build a few posts up?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby fabrasil » 14 Dec 2023, 17:39

Found, sorry

woodygb wrote:Why not try the simpler build a few posts up?
fabrasil

Postby StubbornStan » 09 Feb 2024, 15:50

Hello, I have a Golden Compass GP600 chair that I’m fixing up to donate. The Shark DK-PMA motor controller was water-damaged, so I bought a similar one on eBay. All was going well until I tried to go up a hill and it nearly stalled. The Dynamic manual suggests this behavior is due to incorrect motor compensation settings in the controller. Eventually that led me here. I was delighted to find adapter schematics and I built the Anubis RS232 adapter. I can read the values with the Wizard 5 software but I can’t write them. Can someone help me out?

Also does anyone have an idea what the motor compensation should be in milliohms for a GP600 or similar chair? The Shark manual provides a tuning procedure but it would be nice to know I’m in the right ballpark. Many thanks.
StubbornStan

Postby Burgerman » 09 Feb 2024, 16:33

Which wizard 5 software?
What access level? You cant set advanced settings with a dealer or user level programmer.

Also, it is a very small indoor or shopping centre chair. As such it uses weak electrical components. So 2 pole motors, and a 50A power module. If you show those components a hill they will have a nervous breakdown and get warm. And then thermal rollback happens. This reduces torque and available current to even less. Often making it almost undrivable. Another thing that can cause this is small weak or unsuitable batteries with high impedance. So cheap AGM chinese made batteries etc. Or old ones. These cannot make adequate current. This would be made even worse on a hill especially if the smaller of the 2 battery sizes are used. It can use U1 size (dont!) or 22NF sized. Even those are pretty small for a powerchair.

So it could be any of those things. Or a combination of them.

If it IS a compensation setting, then asking the manufacturer the correct setting would be easiest. Or gradually increase it in small steps until it responds correctly. Go too far and the chair can be dangerous, be unstoppable, and break your legs or house. So only change it n small steps!

If you need a more advanced programmer you need either a special copy of the software (hacked) or an OEM level dongle. PM me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair