DWIZ-ADAPT

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby terry2 » 22 Jun 2020, 15:30

znachor8 wrote:Hi guys, I am new here. I use Storm 4 every day, I would like to try to improve some parameters. Would someone please PM a link to wizard 5 software?



Yes after 100 posts :D
User avatar
terry2
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 12:08
Location: Solihull

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby znachor8 » 22 Jun 2020, 18:07

Ok, I will try :)
znachor8
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Jun 2020, 15:05

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby suletom » 09 Jul 2020, 17:38

Hi!

As a newbie I'm looking for some help to repair one of my friends old wheelchair.
I'ts a DX based system. I disassembled the original joystick(DX REM34) which is working, but it's not reliable and sometimes turns on or off random. At the moment i'm unable to find the source of the faults.

My second idea was to try an other controller, finally i got one(DX ACU-3), which seem to be working, but the wheelchair barely moves. I found some documents on web, now i know that the controller needs to be reprogrammed. Can somebody help me with the special wizard5? The mentioned DWIZ-ADAPT must be built or we just need an rs232-usb adapter for this thing?

Thanks,

Tom
Attachments
1594312042294.JPEG
Faulty one
1594312081967.JPEG
New one
1594312106457.JPEG
connector?
suletom
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Jul 2020, 16:59

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby rover220 » 09 Jul 2020, 17:42

you wont need the dwiz adapt as you have a direct hirose connection.
rover220
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 19:34
Location: West Mids, UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 09 Jul 2020, 17:57

As Rover say's you need just a RS232 DB9 - USB lead and 3 off Male -Female Dupont leads ..or something similar.

You need to make the equivalent of the lead shown below and connect directly to the RS232 Cable.
HIROSE DB9.jpg


MORE diagrams showing various connection types for the Dynamic range.
dynamic hirose interface rhino ssm.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby suletom » 09 Jul 2020, 21:32

Thank you for all the help!

I'll get an usb adapter and make a cable, the posted image is easy to understand.
Later post my results.

Thanks,

Tom
suletom
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Jul 2020, 16:59

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby bobby » 26 Jul 2020, 13:04

Hi guys, am newbie here. Can anyone PM me a link to the Wiz5 software please?
bobby
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Jul 2020, 10:15

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby Seajays » 29 Jul 2020, 17:20

Seajays
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 18:25
Location: Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby 7Gluk » 03 Aug 2020, 22:58

Does anyone know if the adapter should block echo?
I am trying to make an adapter for UART.
7Gluk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 Feb 2020, 17:02

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 03 Aug 2020, 23:48

7Gluk wrote:Does anyone know if the adapter should block echo?
I am trying to make an adapter for UART.


How have you made this adapter and how are you checking for echo / loopback ?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby 7Gluk » 04 Aug 2020, 18:11

woodygb wrote:How have you made this adapter and how are you checking for echo / loopback ?

I just made a logic level converter without inversion.
To check the echo: you need to connect the adapter to the pult and enter any character in the terminal (Putty for example). If you receive your own symbol in response (possibly with pult response), that is, an echo.
7Gluk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 Feb 2020, 17:02

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 04 Aug 2020, 22:43

Yes you connect the TX ( output ) to the ( RX ) input and should get out what you type in .

Is this this logic level convertor for the Dynamic ( DWIZ-ADAPT ) ?

The Dynamic signal protocol is weird...

It may look like a RS-232 serial but it's not RS-232 standard.
It is Serial comunication alright but neither RS-232 nor TTL logic levels!
It's more like TTL-serial with CMOS voltage levels.

Logic level 0 = 1-2V
logic level 1 = 10V

TTL
logic level 0 (LOW) = 0-0.8v
logic level 1 (HIGH) = 2v-5v

while the RS-232 levels are

Logic 0 = anywhere from +3 to +25V.
Logic 1 = anywhere from -3 to -25V (negative voltage)

On most PCs these signals swing from -13 to +13V.

CMOS gate circuits have input and output signal specifications that are quite different from TTL. For a CMOS gate operating at a power supply voltage of 5 volts, the acceptable input signal voltages range from 0 volts to 1.5 volts for a “low” logic state, and 3.5 volts to 5 volts for a “high” logic state. “Acceptable” output signal voltages (voltage levels guaranteed by the gate manufacturer over a specified range of load conditions) range from 0 volts to 0.05 volts for a “low” logic state, and 4.95 volts to 5 volts for a “high” logic state:
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby 7Gluk » 05 Aug 2020, 13:04

woodygb wrote:Yes you connect the TX ( output ) to the ( RX ) input and should get out what you type in .

You did not understand me. I asked if there is an echo from the adapter with the remote? But I myself understand that the echo should not be.
woodygb wrote:Is this this logic level convertor for the Dynamic ( DWIZ-ADAPT ) ?

This logic level convertor for connecting ft232 (USB-UART) to the Dynamic A-Series remote.
7Gluk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 Feb 2020, 17:02

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 05 Aug 2020, 15:09

You are correct ...I do not understand.


youtu.be/JTqx54x1Rso

youtu.be/hu7Z2FryD_A
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby 7Gluk » 07 Aug 2020, 23:47

I made an adapter from USB-UART (FT232) to the remote (DA50-A41), and it works:)
Image
7Gluk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 Feb 2020, 17:02

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby 7Gluk » 08 Aug 2020, 17:00

Here's a diagram, maybe someone will come in handy.
Image
In round brackets the values that are more appropriate by calculations. But I haven't tested it.
Adapter checked only on FT232 based USB-UART with DA50-A41.
And as says - ATTENTION: do everything at your own peril and risk!
Moreover, I am poorly versed in electronics:)) Therefore, it is better to first show it to a knowledgeable person.
7Gluk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 10 Feb 2020, 17:02

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 09 Aug 2020, 15:00

OK.
I made one ( it is a bit neater ) and I can confirm that the schematic ( with some minor resistor value differences ) works on my Shark.
dynamic adapt.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 09 Aug 2020, 15:12

My values.
GLUK - Woody.jpg
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby tabbott916 » 11 Aug 2020, 21:40

Excellent series of posts and work put into this. I have 2 questions: #1, can I get the link to the Wizard 5 software? #2, I have a R-series 90 that I need to program, does it require the DWIZ-ADAPT or can I go direct with the RS-232 to the controller?

Thanks in advance!
tabbott916
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Aug 2020, 14:54

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 11 Aug 2020, 21:56

Has the R Series 90 got a 5 pin Hirose ? ...if it has you just need the software and a SERIAL Cable.

Edit:-

https://www.dynamiccontrols.com/sites/d ... ue%209.pdf

It has a 4 pin Molex so needs the electronic dongle option.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby tabbott916 » 12 Aug 2020, 01:01

Thanks, that is what I assumed. When you say dongle, you are referring to the DWIZ-ADAPT, correct?
tabbott916
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Aug 2020, 14:54

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2020, 02:27

In theory you need a dongle to plug into the PC in order to unlock the software. Its a key.

But we have ways...
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54368
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby tabbott916 » 12 Aug 2020, 02:43

I believe I am good to go on the software dongle "alternate approach". I think the electronic dongle that was referenced was the anubis orange that has been discussed over time here to communicate through the molex port over RS-232. Just wanted to verify before I get the parts and dust off the soldering iron. Thanks though!
tabbott916
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Aug 2020, 14:54

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2020, 08:30

Yes then! Although that part isnt a dongle as such its a converter.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 54368
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby tabbott916 » 12 Aug 2020, 13:40

Perfect! let the fun begin :) , I will post how it goes.
tabbott916
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Aug 2020, 14:54

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 12 Aug 2020, 14:12

I'd suggest 7Gluk's solution it's very simple.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby dc5dd » 12 Oct 2020, 07:53

woodygb wrote:I'd suggest 7Gluk's solution it's very simple.


Does the 7Gluk "adapter" work for the Rseries or Aseries? It seems that it is designed for the Aseries and all indicators point to be not being compatible for the Rseries.
dc5dd
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Oct 2020, 06:46

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 12 Oct 2020, 10:43

It should work just fine on the R series.

NOTE:- I have built this , and so far it only works with the cheap fake "FTDI" USB adaptor pictured in 7Gluk's builds.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby dc5dd » 12 Oct 2020, 17:14

Which diode did you use? Also I'm not seeing the 24 volt connections, am I missing something.
dc5dd
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Oct 2020, 06:46

Re: DWIZ-ADAPT

Postby woodygb » 12 Oct 2020, 17:25

There is no need for a 24v connection... any power requirements ( 5v ) are met by the TTL-USB adaptor.
The diode is not required ,I simply added one as a "safety" feature.

Connections to the Molex will be just GND ( pin 1 ) and the multifunction pin (pin 4 ) NO 24V +
dynamic hirose interface rhino ssm.jpg


Should you wish one I can supply you with one.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6320
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Diesalweasel, DirtinLa, expresso, Google [Bot], Heygnow, LROBBINS, wes4dbt, woodygb and 37 guests

 

  eXTReMe Tracker