advice needed on ancient powerchair!

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: advice needed on ancient powerchair!

Postby duke1 » 18 Dec 2014, 17:07

hi all well thanks to woody the chair is up and working i still need to tweek a few settings,i think but the basics work ok now we have steering and stuff it helps i have only change few settings so far just to see what happens the delays for the steering are gone now and it turns great in comparison we only got it sorted a few hours ago and was getting dark but tina took it out for her dogwalk and seems pleased with it which is the main concern.
i wonder is there any sort of settings guide that explains what the different settings actually change?as much of it meant nothing to my poor little brain despite reading much here on the subject i have to say without woody and my brother it would still be unusable and have to agree with bm when he says this shit should be standard and easy to access without all the hassle to anyone who needs to use a chair for any reason anyway thanks woody and all your good people!thanks from my tina too.
duke1

Postby woodygb » 18 Dec 2014, 17:37

woodygb

Postby duke1 » 18 Dec 2014, 22:37

woodygb wrote:B.M. has a page about programming.
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerch ... amming.htm

hi woody yes i have read that thread but it was the other multitude of settings i did not understand so did not change that i was thinking of but to be honest im just glad it works and i was right to trust my testing of the motors and gearboxes as being not at fault for a 25 year old chair it sounds quieter and smoother than the brand new jazzy she had and hated!and i think this will be her keeper chair for as long as i can keep it going,i got to redesign the anti tip wheels though as it wheelies a bit to easy on full power,also think the seat needs moving to improve cog as its very far forward and i think maybe a bit to much weight still on the casters with light preload.i will have to investigate these other settings thanks
duke1

Postby woodygb » 18 Dec 2014, 23:06

In the software program you will find that most settings have a ? / help file associated with them.
woodygb

Postby duke1 » 18 Dec 2014, 23:15

woodygb wrote:In the software program you will find that most settings have a ? / help file associated with them.

yes i did read them all but most are just the same warning to technicians that they are responsible bla,bla,bla, and not descriptive of the function or what it affects so not very informative really,its something i want to learn though i like to fully understand the things i own and mend as much as i can and never pay anyone to mend my cars ever!
tinas actually looking forward to using her chair,how cool is that!she used to hate it so much.thanks again and take care.
duke1

Postby duke1 » 17 Sep 2018, 23:41

hi all im back again this time hoping someone can point me to a source for the pg drives software for the vsi please as i spent an age going through the thread but failed to find the link,basically i changed computers and failed to save the pg drives mobility prog and need to do some work on the wifes chair shortly so might need it again,thanks for any help.
duke1

Postby steves1977uk » 21 Sep 2018, 13:51

See PM. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby duke1 » 05 Feb 2019, 18:12

hi all i have a problem again and wondered if anyone had a clue that might aid me,i have downloaded the pg drives mobility program i have the lead woody made still plugged in chair switched on and still says comms inactive,last time all i had to do was change comm port settings using the tools on the program and comms became active,now they do not! i tried the windows help thing and it says something about the software missing a driver idk what else to try and am getting quite cross with it!
i need to sort my good ladies chair out as she needs to use it again daily so if anyone could please help id be grateful,thanks banghead
ps its vsi if it helps
duke1

Postby woodygb » 05 Feb 2019, 18:51

How old is this lead that I supplied ?

IF it is an original and uses the Prolific chip set then you will need THIS driver http://www.miklor.com/COM/software/P3200.exe

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby duke1 » 05 Feb 2019, 18:57

woodygb wrote:How old is this lead that I supplied ?

IF it is an original and uses the Prolific chip set then you will need THIS driver http://www.miklor.com/COM/software/P3200.exe

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php
duke1

Postby woodygb » 05 Feb 2019, 19:26

And?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby duke1 » 05 Feb 2019, 19:41

idk why it didnt post my reply?maybe me i been having a day of errors today!well i downloaded driver,twice i think ran it and tried again still comms inactive trouble is my battery on laptop despite being less than 1 month old doesnt last 5 minutes and my little workshop only has poor wireless connection and drops out in the middle of doing things! i did go through the different ports again im tired and getting grumpier by the minute (pain killer time) so i may try again in the morning,thanks woody for helping, :joint
duke1

Postby woodygb » 05 Feb 2019, 19:43

OK...Go and chill.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby duke1 » 07 Feb 2019, 22:20

hi all well i am still having no luck i downloaded both program and drivers but it still says its unsupported idk even what that means!i am not sure driver is working as i cant seem to find it in programs but surely if its downloaded and ran it should be visible as a file or program? i am running out of ideas and patience so if anyone has any other ideas id be pleased to hear them,
on the brightside i have over the last couple of days fitted the new shock absorbers it some modification to mount them but was well worth the effort as pavement here is lumpy and bumpy and being as the shocks was most likely the originals 1985 and the chair was used for years in the australian outback before i bought it for her the old ones had no effort left at all and was more like a hardtail allthough i know suspension on such a slow vehicle is mostly a waste of time it had no springs on the old shocks the new ones have and are adjustable,£38 from ebay for the 2 and a days work not bad when mobility shop wanted £90 each!
anyway if you have any ideas please help,peace banghead banghead givebeer :ak47 :joint
duke1

Postby woodygb » 07 Feb 2019, 22:56

Ummm....What does it say in Windows device manager about the USB lead?

Any chance of screenshot?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2019, 23:17

The problem in many cases on many threads lately seems to be that most people dont know how to work a PC. It works them. :argument
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby duke1 » 08 Feb 2019, 21:43

woodygb wrote:Ummm....What does it say in Windows device manager about the USB lead?

Any chance of screenshot?

hi woody i finally found device manager and got so far and then didnt understand which of the list i was after i try get my bro to help tomorrow but since his brain op his computer knowledge is all but lost sadly but he should be able help do a screenshot at least,thanks for trying to help and not taking the piss ;)
duke1

Postby duke1 » 08 Feb 2019, 21:51

Burgerman wrote:The problem in many cases on many threads lately seems to be that most people dont know how to work a PC. It works them. :argument

hi bm yes but remember not everyone has had the chance of learning about computers,i only first used one 2015 and have learned the little i know purely by trial and error,also having done this once before i thought it would be simple and sods law says no! i dont think it fair to mock a person for having less of some skills than others id bet theres many things in life that have taken time for you to learn? my computer skills suck but i try and keep trying but tbh i would never have attempted it without help from woody bless him,and he dont knock my punctuation :lol: peace
duke1

Postby Burgerman » 08 Feb 2019, 22:21

Its nothing personal. I expect that 95 percent of people generally are pretty much clueless about computers. Everyone is fixated on phones and ipads today. And not interested in PCs or what goes on under the hood.

The problem is that many of the programming fixes, cables and drivers, or lithium charging stuff requires that you have a few basic skills. Its simply not possible to do many of the simple things here without having at least basic fundamental computer skills, and the thing configured properly so you can actually see and understand file names, assotiations, and such things as device manager understanding.

I was just refering to the fact that much PC basic stuff that many of us take for granted is missing. Completely different levels of understanding. Its not possible to transfer years of skills and PC use across a forum post. At which point I or others like woodygb here are often at a loss as to how to help.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 08 Feb 2019, 23:49

Just wasted 1 hour on the phone to my ex gf. Happens every time her computer wont work. If it was in front of me I can sort it in about 5 clicks and done. By phone? To a woman that doesent want to learn but just wants it to work now! Not a chance. This is exactly the problem. I just fixed my carers PC laptop, similar wireless issues, yet again last week. Nobody has the time or patience or interest to know the details.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby duke1 » 10 Feb 2019, 14:22

hi all well we have a positive result at last!my bro came and took a couple of hours but he sorted it,i have no idea why it did not work and when i asked him he said i would not understand anyway!quite true but now i have it active i can finish sorting the steering and turn the awfull reverse beepers of they terrify our dopey dog and he tries to leg it!anyhow thanks bm and woody once again for the help its much needed and im grateful :worship im sorry for my grumpy manner and poor punctuation !peace
cheers
duke1

Postby woodygb » 10 Feb 2019, 14:48

N.P. ... :thumbup:
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair