Amysystems chair?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Amysystems chair?

Postby nld3 » 13 Jan 2019, 01:41

Burgerman wrote:Is it r-net?

If so you will need either a programmer, or someone with one, for a few days or so.

Read this slowly, for a page or 3. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8035

It is r-net. I'll ask my vendor to set it to those settings on your other thread.
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jan 2019, 02:45

It doesent quite work like that...

1. they cant, as they are restricted by walls etc that require an OEM level tool that they dont/wont have, and dont know how to use even if they did, and wouldn't be allowed to do.

2. the settings you need require YOU to test, change, fine tune and it takes weeks to get them right. And even then I still make changes years on.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nld3 » 13 Jan 2019, 06:46

Burgerman wrote:It doesent quite work like that...

1. they cant, as they are restricted by walls etc that require an OEM level tool that they dont/wont have, and dont know how to use even if they did, and wouldn't be allowed to do.

2. the settings you need require YOU to test, change, fine tune and it takes weeks to get them right. And even then I still make changes years on.

l will still need to contact my vendor?
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jan 2019, 10:25

Why? They wont help. They actually cant help!
The best they can do is turn up with a dealer version programmer, and faff around in clueless fashion with a tool that cannot move the walls or access many settings that prevent you setting it properly and as I said, they generally dont know what they are doing anyway. S at best they make a few changes that dont help.

I know its maybe not interesting to you, but try reading that link that I posted above. Then you will understand how to go about it. Its entirely up to you in the end of course. Do you want a chair thats easy to control, and accurate and intuitive. Or waffy, out of control that doesn't do as you tell it (as it is now)?

If so then you will need to forget about the "experts" and rely on yourself to figure some of these things out because they cant/wont do this. They wont even understand what you are talking about. In the same way that the industry will not sell you the OEM level tool required to even allow this. The best you can do is buy the dealer level programmer that is useless. The same one they use. However theres a way to do it. A workaround.

Forget about it for now. Get used to the chair. Then after a while you will be frustrated as to why control is not intuitive, and why its hard to accurately drive through a doorway without banging your hand or the door frame. Then come back, and we can show you how to make it as simple as driving a PC mouse, or steering your van... 99% of all chairs dont steer properly!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nld3 » 04 Mar 2019, 03:11

I filmed this clip for someone. I'll post it here to in-case anyone else wants to see it.

youtu.be/O-lBuOWrwEg
nld3

Postby nld3 » 26 Mar 2024, 23:13

I used to be a big supporter of the Amy System's chairs but beware because I'm having a horrible experience with their Customer service Lately. It's been three months and they have not fixed my Amy chair. Amy has not been very attentive to my situation. :cussing
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 27 Mar 2024, 00:33

This is *exactly* why you should never be reliant on someone or something. If my car needs fixing there are a dozen garages and workshops and even mechanics that come to you. All fighting for your custom. Can be fixed imediately. Because choice, free market competition etc.

Not with powerchairs. So in this case I make different arangements. I have many powerchairs. All ready to go. I also have all the common things that can fail, programmers, tyres, cushions, motors, control systems, bus cables, chargers, etc sat on the shelf. Yes it was costly but built up over the last 25 years. So whatever happens I have a list of options. I do not have to rely on any other party or system or supplier.

It pays to organise yourself because disability is not a thing that you can switch off while some retard wastes your time.

I have backups of everything else I may need that I cant manage without too. From medications, to urinary and ileostomy supplies. If theres a 6 month delay, war, strike, I can cope while I find another way. Same with fuel, generators, electric bed motors, tinned everlasting food and water regularly replaced in big plastic tanks. 3 patient lift/hoists... (nt my doing!) and more. I even have 2 clothes washing machines! I do NOT like downtime or relying on others because they always turn out to be either idiots or ignorant sooner or later.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair