PINNED - HOW to choose a LEAD BATTERY

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: HOW to choose a LEAD BATTERY

Postby Burgerman » 05 Dec 2015, 02:06

Failed strap internally or something. But 1Ah? The chair would not move.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scollard » 05 Dec 2015, 02:40

It doesn't really move. I can go to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail as long as I move along slowly. When I get back the gauge has drained all the green lights and is in the yellow. My Lithium pack will fix all.
Scollard

Postby Burgerman » 05 Dec 2015, 11:40

Well its either failed where the plates are attached internally, or you have a bad cell, that was caused by impurities or physical damage to the plates. And its now high resistance.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby terry2 » 21 Mar 2017, 15:44

I've found out after getting 8mph motors that my MK gel don't last very long at top speed :(
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 21 Mar 2017, 15:58

Theres a few reasons you get less performance, range, and service life with 8mph motors.

They draw about 25% more Amps, on every manoever, turn, ramp, hill, at every speed including indoors. Because they are geared taller. You load the motor more all of the time.

And when traveling at a higher speed you draw more Amps. That wouldn't matter because you also get there quicker so range should be almost unchanged.
But... Batteries, esp gel batteries, suffer heavily from peukerts law. Which states that with lead batteries (only) you get less actual usable Ah out, the faster you discharge them. So going faster empties them faster because you HAVE less Ah available.

Fun no?

That is why I like brushlesss gearless motors. They take you 40% to 70% further per charge at any speed. E.G my new chair has a ISO range of 38 miles instead of 20...
And lithium, takes you twice as far, or more on top...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair